Stats: 3,154,899 members, 7,824,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC (1186 Views)

Fasoranti, Clarke, Nwodo, 13 Others Sue Buhari Over Lopsided Appointments / Group Files Suit To Stop Atiku’s Presidential Bid Over Citizenship. / I Have Been Abused Because Of Buhari’s Lopsided Appointments – Oyegun (2) (3) (4)

Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ayomide Owonibi Odekanyin

A Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) and constitutional lawyer, Dr Olisa Agbakoba, on Monday, filed a suit at the Federal High Court, Abuja, to challenge the non-inclusion of the South-East Zone of Nigeria, in appointments to the Board of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC).

Agbakoba in a statemet on Monday alleged that the appointment made by the Federal Government of Nigeria, contravenes the provisions of Section 14 of the Constitution and also the Federal Character Commission, Act and the provisions of Sections 42 of the Constitution of Nigeria that prohibits discrimination of any of Nigeria’s ethnic groups such as, in this case, the South East.
In the suit, Agbakoba is asking the court to declare the lopsided appointments of Board members of the South-East Zone, unconstitutional, null and void.

No date has been fixed to hear the suit.

“In August, fifty five management staff of the NNPC were affected in a massive reshuffle ordered by Group managing director, Dr. Maikanti Baru. Under the new arrangement, Roland Ewubare, formerly MD of the Integrated Data Services Limited, IDSL was moved to the National Petroleum Investment Management Services, NAPIMS as the new Group General Manager while Diepriye Tariah, former GGM and Senior Technical Assistant to the NNPC GMD takes over from Ewubare as MD of IDSL. Malami Shehu, Executive Director Operations, of the Kaduna Refining and Petrochemical Company, KRPC, was appointed Managing Director of the Port Harcourt Refining Company, PHRC while Adewale Ladenegan, former MD of the Warri Refining and Petrochemical Company, WRPC was moved to KRPC to assume duty as MD. In the same vein, Muhammed Abah.

“Until recently, the Executive Director Operations of WRPC succeeded Ladenegan as MD of Warri Refinery. With the retirement of Alh. Farouk Ahmed as the MD of the Nigerian Products Marketing Company, (NPMC), Umar Ajiya, former GGM in charge of Corporate Planning and Strategy, (CP&S) now assumes duty as MD of NPMC while Bala Wunti, former, General Manager, Downstream, GMD’s Office takes charge as GGM CP&S.
“Other changes include: Usman Yusuf who takes over as GGM/STA to the GMD, Adeyemi Adetunji confirmed as MD NNPC Retail alongside Dr. Bola Afolabi who now functions as GGM in charge of Research and Development Division of the Corporation.
“Also on the list is Mrs. Ahmadu-Katagum appointed GGM (Shipping) in the Downstream Autonomous Business Unit while Kallamu Abdullahi takes over as the GGM in charge of the Renewable Energy Division in the Downstream ABU. Dr. Shaibu Musa was promoted MD of the NNPC Medical Services Limited while Ibrahim Birma is the new GGM in charge of the Corporation’s Audit Division now renamed Governance, Risk and Compliance Division,” the statement reads.

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/agbakoba-files-suit-fg-alleged-lopsided-appointments-nnpc/

Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by aolawale025: 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
Supported! Let's see what our laws have to say on federal character

Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by LionDeLeo: 7:27pm On Oct 09, 2017
Okay.
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by anuoluwapo884(m): 7:28pm On Oct 09, 2017
It's good news someone is standing against that no one is ready to sacrifice all they do is praise the government when they are on the wrong path to get favors God bless you sir we are behind you smiley
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by BiafranYouths(m): 7:34pm On Oct 09, 2017

2019 is Loading, the Youths must take over!
Atiku and Co. Should chill out

Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by TheFreeOne: 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
Good development.

But will it change Buboo's nepotistic mindset of winners takes it all

An 'evil genius' whose mathematical equation of 97% vs 5% is unrivalled in the history of Nigeria and still counting cheesy

Agbakoba I hope you've checked your closets of any likely skeletons cos pythons, crocodiles and the EFCC dances anyhow these days against dissents / opposition and you may be the next to be visited grin

Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by Ebimor96: 7:36pm On Oct 09, 2017
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by Ebimor96: 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by AustineE1: 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2017
i use to respect Tinubu,right from his days in NADECO but i wonder how a man from such background would stoop so low to present the most nepotic,tribalistic,myopic,inefficient man of all times,to rule an ethnically diverse nation like nigeria.My heart bleeds because my country has been offered to the dogs....Tinubu whom i respected and his cohorts,has a date with posterity,for diminishing mankind in the worst form of misrule and reckless abandon.

Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by Homeboiy: 8:20pm On Oct 09, 2017
Cant wait for 2019 to reach

buhari must pay for his sins

Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by Paperwhite(m): 8:25pm On Oct 09, 2017
Useless government of the north,by the north and for the north. angry
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 09, 2017
Now we are talking

Even an apprentice lawyer will defeat FG on this one at the courts

Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by OBAGADAFFI: 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
Ironically the Oil is from the South, yet some people are turning it to their birthright.

Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by clevvermind(m): 9:38pm On Oct 09, 2017
BUHARI IS A TRIBALISTIC BIGOT
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by deji17: 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2017
This is a better move than peddling rumours around.
(1) How come the General Manager public awareness at NNPC, Mr Ndu, who happens to be Igbo released only 15 names that has no Igbo man on the list, out of the 55 appointments? Who are the remaining 40 people?
(2) Is the 55 people the only management staff / position within the NNPC? There are are other senior positions already being occupied by Igbos that does not include this fresh 55 appointments.

Why look at the part of something, neglecting the whole?

Everything just to validate the victim mentality, I understand is being explored, but to what end and purpose?

Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by TheFreeOne: 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2017
AustineE1:
i use to respect Tinubu,right from his days in NADECO but i wonder how a man from such background would stoop so low to present the most nepotic,tribalistic,myopic,inefficient man of all times,to rule an ethnically diverse nation like nigeria.My heart bleeds because my country has been offered to the dogs....Tinubu whom i respected and his cohorts,has a date with posterity,for diminishing mankind in the worst form of misrule and reckless abandon.

His greed for power made him blind to reason and common sense hence his foolish support for the incompetent, nepotistic,and static bigot.

And where is he now in the scheme of things in APC? Karma is a bit.ch
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by Isokowadoo: 10:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
Olisa Wasting hs time

Northern Judge will be Assigned to hear the Case And it will he DOA
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by SalamRushdie: 10:45pm On Oct 09, 2017
Buhari is not fit to live amongst humans abeg

Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by Hofbrauhaus(m): 5:40am On Oct 10, 2017
How else do you define futile effort? Dr olisa agbakoba ought to know that Nigeria is not for people like me and him. If he talks too much they would open his case file of corruption. If no dirt is found on him, they would brand him a terrorist.

Dr Agbakoba should chill and pray that God's kingdom under the leadership of Mazi Nnamdi Kanu comes.

This is Nigeria where those that don't even have groundnut oil control and eat our oil money /wealth..
Who does that??
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by Wawaman: 7:23am On Oct 10, 2017
Good move
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by Bolustical: 10:06am On Oct 10, 2017
AustineE1:
Stop talking trash, politics is all about interests and not emotions. Same Tinubu supported GEJ in 2011.

What would you say about GEJ's relegation of the Yorubas who voted enmasse for him?

Igbos held sway and looked other ways, now you guys know how it feels.
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by Bolustical: 10:06am On Oct 10, 2017
Reaping where they didn't sow,

Even the Yorubas who voted GEJ and got neglected didn't cry like they are now.

The Igbos who never spoke up against GEJ'S non inclusive government now want other Nigerians to be their advocates.
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by free2ryhme: 10:06am On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by bestview: 10:06am On Oct 10, 2017
Long over due
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by Sunnycliff(m): 10:06am On Oct 10, 2017
When we have a bigot, an ethnocentric chauvinist, what do you expect.... Maybe no South-Easterner is qualified academically
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by datola: 10:08am On Oct 10, 2017
Na wa o
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by flyca: 10:10am On Oct 10, 2017
Not just in NNPC. Every sector of the Economy!

95% of people who are here on FG scholarships are the Hausas!

Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by niceprof: 10:11am On Oct 10, 2017
Kachukwu,now Olisa,when will my brothers realize that this is a Hausa/Fulani Government and stop all these.We didn't vote for APC,lets learn to live with the consequences
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by BrutalJab: 10:12am On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by analsexqueen(f): 10:14am On Oct 10, 2017
Good
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by Lomprico2: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2017
Watch dem hire 200 SAN! undecided

How will a mod move a closed thread to the FP? angry

Seun watch ur boys o! That is how a thread on BH was moved to FP and later disappeared from the face of the earth!
Re: Agbakoba Files Suit Against FG Over Alleged Lopsided Appointments In NNPC by slimfit1(m): 10:43am On Oct 10, 2017
It's either we go out way of re constitution.

Tony Nwoye Is My Brotherhood Even In War Says Osita Chidoka / Anambra Guber: Election Ends With APGA In Early Lead- The NATION / Photos Of Ganduje And Kwankwaso Now And Then