Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded (31913 Views)

91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths / Coronavirus: Scarcity Of Protective Tools Hits Lagos Hospitals / Ghana: 2 Suspected Cases Of Coronavirus Recorded In Accra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by kswkings: 6:30am On Oct 10, 2017
monkey pox
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by vioment: 6:30am On Oct 10, 2017
mmsen:

What 'population control'? It isn't fatal.

You want to talk about idiotic but your whole comment is nonsense.

The new 'non essential things' are needed, you're too simple to see that. Maintenance, renovation and innovation are all needed. Especially in a country such as Nigeria with a ridiculously high birth rate.

Non essential things like building new schools while the existing ones languish. Building new roads while existing ones languish. If maintenance culture is an A plus or carries a high priority, then it will open the innovative mind to see where new roads are needed. No reliable power supply. And i support maintenance, renovation, and innovation anytime but sensibly because our country cannot do all three at the same time right now.
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Nobody: 6:32am On Oct 10, 2017
Too much sense in one post, just had to quote. One million likes for you
Livefreeordieha:
"Finland has the most stable economy in world today. There are less than 20 churches in Finland.

Switzerland has the second most stable economy in the world. Switzerland has less than 30 churches.

Denmark is the third most stable economy in the world. Denmark has about 23 churches in it.

These are countries considered largely atheist in nature, yet so blessed.

Come to Owerri town, SE Nigeria, from MCC junction to Toronto junction, there are 36 churches. That stretch of about 5 km harbours 36 churches, more churches than the entire Switzerland.

Between Owerri and Mgbidi l counted 97 churches and gave up. According to CAC, Nigeria has over 23,000 registered churches.

We have more churches than schools and hospitals combined. More pastors than doctors and teachers combined. Everyone is born again. All are covered in the blood of Jesus. All are filled with the Holy Spirit.

Yet none of those claims reflects in the expected moral elevation of society. We are still one of the greediest, laziest, corrupt, deceitful, hypocritical and hateful set of beings on the planet today, with all our Christ and Holy spirit.

Our people need to draw the line between religiosity and spirituality."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Lomprico2: 6:37am On Oct 10, 2017
winterfell007:
Is this disease deadly like ebola?
No!

No reported case of death yet
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Cutiekatty: 6:37am On Oct 10, 2017
Another outbreak in Nigeria, God will save us from this monkey pox the way he saved us from Ebola.
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Lomprico2: 6:39am On Oct 10, 2017
Kennitrust:
when the world will be turning upsidedown

the people of the Most High God will be standing upright

when the world will be in crisis

the children of God will find refuge in Christ

Nothing worth my salvation

my life in Jesus, I got nothing to fear

what I don't know will not know me.

This is why diseases like this always ravages africa. Religion has made us really dumb.
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by BetaThings: 6:40am On Oct 10, 2017
mmsen:

1. It isn't fatal.

2. Is that deity not the creator of all things, including disease and illness?

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs161/en/

Key facts

Monkeypox is a rare viral zoonosis (a virus transmitted to humans from animals) disease that occurs primarily in remote parts of Central and West Africa, near tropical rainforests.
The monkeypox virus can cause a fatal illness in humans and, although it is similar to human smallpox which has been eradicated, it is much milder.
The monkeypox virus is transmitted to people from various wild animals but has limited secondary spread through human-to-human transmission.
Typically, case fatality in monkeypox outbreaks has been between 1% and 10%, with most deaths occurring in younger age groups.
There is no treatment or vaccine available although prior smallpox vaccination was highly effective in preventing monkeypox as well.
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Lomprico2: 6:42am On Oct 10, 2017
Me77:
It is advisable for bush meal eaters to forgo their appetite for the main time, pending when this plague is over.
The federal minister for health has warned about this, but I highly doubt these people will ever listen.
They're possibly the carriers of this diseases spreading it ignorantly all over the place :-/

The funny thing is that they dont really know the source of the disease. They are just speculating on d bush meat thingi.
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by BetaThings: 6:44am On Oct 10, 2017
Cutiekatty:
Another outbreak in Nigeria, God will save us from this monkey pox the way he saved us from Ebola.

Ebola was deadlier but not really indigenous to Nigeria
Monkeypox is more problematic because every bus travelling from one state to another can carry carriers of the virus
You cannot say anyone should not travel.
And anyone travelling from places where they eat monkeys and other bush meat infect others
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by simols(m): 6:45am On Oct 10, 2017
ritababe:
e done happen, it will spread to all states now.

may God help us.

and why is there no cure for this disease? must we wait for the whites to come find a cure for us?

Did white find the cure for ebola for us? Investigation on how to tackle it is going on:
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by mmsen: 6:47am On Oct 10, 2017
vioment:

Non essential things like building new schools while the existing ones languish. Building new roads while existing ones languish. If maintenance culture is an A plus or carries a high priority, then it will open the innovative mind to see where new roads are needed. No reliable power supply. And i support maintenance, renovation, and innovation anytime but sensibly because our country cannot do all three at the same time right now.

Nigeria needs new roads, there are insufficient roads for the number and vehicles in the country. Even more so when the population doubles every 25 years.

Same for the new schools. People want to add children into the environment without thinking about adding the infrastructure. That is pure stupidity.

The issue with power supply is the same, that too will require new infrastructure.

Your points have no merit.
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by BetaThings: 6:48am On Oct 10, 2017
Lomprico2:

The funny thing is that they dont really know the source of the disease. They are just speculating on d bush meat thingi.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs161/en/
Transmission

Infection of index cases results from direct contact with the blood, bodily fluids, or cutaneous or mucosal lesions of infected animals. In Africa human infections have been documented through the handling of infected monkeys, Gambian giant rats and squirrels, with rodents being the major reservoir of the virus. Eating inadequately cooked meat of infected animals is a possible risk factor.

Secondary, or human-to-human, transmission can result from close contact with infected respiratory tract secretions, skin lesions of an infected person or objects recently contaminated by patient fluids or lesion materials. Transmission occurs primarily via droplet respiratory particles usually requiring prolonged face-to-face contact, which puts household members of active cases at greater risk of infection. Transmission can also occur by inoculation or via the placenta (congenital monkeypox). There is no evidence, to date, that person-to-person transmission alone can sustain monkeypox infections in the human population.

In recent animal studies of the prairie dog-human monkeypox model, two distinct clades of the virus were identified – the Congo Basin and the West African clades – with the former found to be more virulent.
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by donjosh47: 6:49am On Oct 10, 2017
Jesu !
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Lomprico2: 6:51am On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Cutiekatty: 6:52am On Oct 10, 2017
BetaThings:

Ebola was deadlier but not really indigenous to Nigeria
Monkeypox is more problematic because every bus travelling from one state to another can carry carriers of the virus
You cannot say anyone should not travel.
And anyone travelling from places where they eat monkeys and other bush meat infect others

Thanks for educating more on this. God bless
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Saintinoo(m): 6:58am On Oct 10, 2017
Kennitrust:
when the world will be turning upsidedown

the people of the Most High God will be standing upright

when the world will be in crisis

the children of God will find refuge in Christ

Nothing worth my salvation

my life in Jesus, I got nothing to fear

what I don't know will not know me.
so the people with the disease are not people of the most high? Nigerians and heir over religious mentality.
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:00am On Oct 10, 2017
okikirifidelis:
baba God save us ooo

Believe me, baba God is at work, he's seriously angry with us, different diseases keep haunting us, scary ones. All our criminal acts, all adultery and injustice we harbour in our lives, this is the reason God's angry. May God please forgive me all my wrongdoings towards him
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by agbonkamen(f): 7:01am On Oct 10, 2017
DeKen:
This is serious o. Looks like this disease is not getting as much attention as Ebola got.
How long will it take for this one to be eradicated.
with the current dulard E go hard grin
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by TourismMan(m): 7:08am On Oct 10, 2017
So how about those Nigerians who consume everything called animal they lay their hands on? Are they still consuming crocodile, Python, lizard, hippopotamus, monkey, rat etc? SHM!!!
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by iamchybs(m): 7:08am On Oct 10, 2017
Is this thing contagious? I mean if u get in contact with someone infected? Or its only by consuming infected food or meat
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Ramaa(m): 7:16am On Oct 10, 2017
.......am dead man walking.......

Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Kennitrust(m): 7:16am On Oct 10, 2017
Saintinoo:
so the people with the disease are not people of the most high? Nigerians and heir over religious mentality.
whatsoever u think.

in Cameroon where I grew up, bush meat is their cow meat but no epidemic like this is recorded.

I believed what we're facing today is the effect of technical test somewhere.

I don't decline or discouraged anyone to over think religion in the place of technology but in everything, God first to me.
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by MrBONE2(m): 7:31am On Oct 10, 2017
Me77:

It will spread because the likes of you keep eating dead animals and wild monkeys.
Are you not among those who use to post pics of dead snakes for pepper soup on front page?
My GreatOne save us,am just recoverying from Stomach Bug cause by Bush meat which send me to 34day in Coma,Since then i have been BANNED my Doctor for consuming meat for 6months and had since placed me on controlled vegetable diets other i would have guwarad to Oblivion.grin
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by ritababe(f): 7:37am On Oct 10, 2017
TimeMod3:
If Ebola couldn't spread to all states from Lagos, why would a lesser strain of monkey pox?
You'd better stopped being malicious, abi dick dey hungry you ni? Lol

yeah I would have preferred your Dic.k, but its too small like a broom.
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Passenger27: 7:38am On Oct 10, 2017
But ipob terrorist were busy blaming operation egwu eke 2 for d outbreak of d disease in Bayelsa. What r they gonna tell their gullible pigs n idiots now? Eh?
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Nobody: 7:48am On Oct 10, 2017
With the Buhari administration's
handling of the #Monkeypox outbreak, you and I should thank our God it wasn't Buhari that handled #Ebola!
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by KingTom(m): 7:49am On Oct 10, 2017
ritababe:

yeah I would have preferred your Dic.k, but its too small like a broom.
shocked
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by slimpoet11(m): 7:52am On Oct 10, 2017
Chicken pox�
Bird flu�
Lassa fever�
Ebola�
Monkey pox�
Have we Nigerians in any way offended the gods of the animal kingdom?
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Malocity(m): 8:11am On Oct 10, 2017
End Time Monkey Pox
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Imeyo1(m): 8:30am On Oct 10, 2017
If it's dat small boy's picture then I don't believe it...show us fresh pictures..... Nonsense
Re: Monkey Pox Hits Lagos, 2 Suspected Cases Recorded by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:30am On Oct 10, 2017
frenzyduchess:
Too much sense in one post, just had to quote. One million likes for you
bro it's fact staring at us in the face...nigeria is a society where bench warming at the church means righteous and makes you better so why not?.Con3 where unemployment calls people to the church business not the holy spirit...The list goes on...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Die Conveying Corpse Of Cholera Victim From Lagos To Sokoto (Pictures) / Coronavirus: FG Begins Spraying Of Passengers From Volatile Countries / COVID-19 Vaccines Arrive Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.