Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,775 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

RUSSIA2018: Tunisia, Senegal, Morocco Set For World Cup - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / RUSSIA2018: Tunisia, Senegal, Morocco Set For World Cup (14942 Views)

Benzina Of Morocco Set To Make History In Women's World Cup. / World Cup Qualifier: Senegal, Morocco Into Next Phase, Nigeria Stumbles / List Of 8 Countries That Have Qualified For World Cup 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RUSSIA2018: Tunisia, Senegal, Morocco Set For World Cup by AlwaysUltraPad: 10:30am On Oct 10, 2017
abescom:
If NFF is wise, they will invite beatable countries such as England for friendlies before the draws. That way we will get higher in FIFA ranking which will help us get a better draw.

Countries such as Wales, England, Serbia, Poland that are beatable but ahead of us in FIFA ranking.
FIFA has said it will the September ranking to seed. So doing that will be in futility.
Re: RUSSIA2018: Tunisia, Senegal, Morocco Set For World Cup by dafuturis(m): 10:36am On Oct 10, 2017
I have a feeling that Africa representatives​ will perform better than previous editions of the world cup. Nigeria especially is going to pull a lotta surprises. we have some consistent and reliable players now, just a little brushing up and a sound preparation is required to achieve a dream world cup.

click like if you believe....

2 Likes

Re: RUSSIA2018: Tunisia, Senegal, Morocco Set For World Cup by TheVictorious(m): 12:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
LordOfNaira:
We want a better footballing experience this time around. In 2014, we could have beaten France but we messed it all up. Our players need to believe that we can surpass previous second round records. In 2014, the French were made ordinary only for them to come around toward the end of the match to beat us 2-0. That match was painful.

As for the seeding, I am not really concerned. I believe we can beat anyone. We held England to a 0-0 draw with a team full of first timers in 2002. England had Beckham and Scholes. We only need to always try to keep our heads when we score first. 2002 and 2010 come to mind. In 2002, we scored first against Sweden only for them to come around to beat us. Exactly same thing happened in 2010 when we scored first in the match against Greece only for them to come back to beat us. Same against South Korea. We got a first early goal only for South Korea to soon be leading us 2-1. All these matches were very painful for me. They were even more painful than the France 98 disastrous second round match against Denmark.

Guy, I recall all these matches, but you took them too personal, you wan kill yourself for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: RUSSIA2018: Tunisia, Senegal, Morocco Set For World Cup by LordOfNaira: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2017
TheVictorious:

Guy, I recall all these matches, but you took them too personal, you wan kill yourself for Nigeria?

My brother, I was still very young then o. I remembered the Nigeria-Denmark match. I couldn't eat dinner. I was just so down. cheesy

And I was not even in Nigeria then o.

2 Likes

Re: RUSSIA2018: Tunisia, Senegal, Morocco Set For World Cup by mechanics(m): 3:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
I wish super eagles favourable World Cup outing.
Re: RUSSIA2018: Tunisia, Senegal, Morocco Set For World Cup by easyelliot(m): 3:28pm On Oct 10, 2017
abescom:
If NFF is wise, they will invite beatable countries such as England for friendlies before the draws. That way we will get higher in FIFA ranking which will help us get a better draw.

Agreed
Re: RUSSIA2018: Tunisia, Senegal, Morocco Set For World Cup by TheVictorious(m): 2:19am On Oct 11, 2017
LordOfNaira:

My brother, I was still very young then o. I remembered the Nigeria-Denmark match. I couldn't eat dinner. I was just so down. cheesy

And I was not even in Nigeria then o.

Lool. Me I have no problem, even right now, Messi is in; so I'll support Nigeria and Argentina for the world cup. If my home country disappoints, Messi shouldn't disappoint. what do you think?

1 Like

Re: RUSSIA2018: Tunisia, Senegal, Morocco Set For World Cup by jancollins: 7:28am On Oct 11, 2017
All Goals of Nigeria to Russia 2018 World Cup Qualification.

https://youtu.be/H1H-XxKnCPw
Re: RUSSIA2018: Tunisia, Senegal, Morocco Set For World Cup by TheShopKeeper(m): 8:22am On Oct 11, 2017
Folks, is Ghana going to Russia?
Re: RUSSIA2018: Tunisia, Senegal, Morocco Set For World Cup by DangotePikin: 9:20pm On Oct 11, 2017
TheVictorious:

Lool. Me I have no problem, even right now, Messi is in; so I'll support Nigeria and Argentina for the world cup. If my home country disappoints, Messi shouldn't disappoint. what do you think?
I am also a Messi and Barca fan.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Benin City To Host Super Eagles Vs Sierra Leone AFCON Qualifier / Football Bettor. Sure Win Betting Tips / Basketball: D'Tigress Beats Mali, Qualify For FIBA 2022 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.