Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,440 members, 7,954,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:19 AM

Pro-democracy Groups Put Nigeria In Danger - Arewa Youth - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pro-democracy Groups Put Nigeria In Danger - Arewa Youth (880 Views)

Pro-democracy Groups Begin Nationwide Rallies Against Polls Shift, ING, Coup / Pro - Democracy Activists Begin Mobilization Against Jonathan In Lagos(pics) / My Life In Danger… Rev Fr Mbaka Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pro-democracy Groups Put Nigeria In Danger - Arewa Youth by walata44(m): 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2010
Written by Samuel Aruwan, Kaduna
Monday, 08 March 2010 20:10

The national president of the Arewa Youths Forum (AYF), Alhaji Gambo Ibrahim Gujungu, yesterday accused some members of the civil societies of causing tension that could truncate the nation’s democracy.

He said he made the call following moves by some groups to stage a demonstration to the Executive Council of the Federation to ask the members to declare the ailing President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua incapacitated.

In an interview with LEADERSHIP, Gujungu decried the plan and other pressures being mounted on both the Federal Executive Council and the National Assembly.

“I am telling you my mind; most of these antics are not good for the country; rather they are putting democracy in danger. Promotion of democracy and good governance does not mean you should heat up the polity and create an atmosphere which could bring anarchy. The President is sick and the National Assembly has since passed a resolution empowering the Vice-President and things had picked up .So bringing sentiments and hiding under the guise of democracy to cause tension should be discarded.

“They think they are exhibiting patriotism but they are putting the country at risk. The drama by presidential handlers has been defeated with the National Assembly’s action and we should stop doing what could let us down. There are things to be done to the bad leadership we are experiencing in the country,” he said.

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html
Re: Pro-democracy Groups Put Nigeria In Danger - Arewa Youth by walata44(m): 8:39pm On Mar 09, 2010
Exactly how a Northerner thinks of Nigeria.
Re: Pro-democracy Groups Put Nigeria In Danger - Arewa Youth by asha80(m): 8:40pm On Mar 09, 2010
grin cheesy grin so the masses should be docile
Re: Pro-democracy Groups Put Nigeria In Danger - Arewa Youth by walata44(m): 8:43pm On Mar 09, 2010
There are things to be done to the bad leadership we are experiencing in the country,” he said.

Just wish I can ask him for any sugestions.
Re: Pro-democracy Groups Put Nigeria In Danger - Arewa Youth by Parnassuss(m): 8:47pm On Mar 09, 2010
I swear walata just read my mind, I was just about to post a similar topic. I heard adverts on Kiss FM and 94.7 here in Abuja denouncing the planned demonstration in the name of democracy, and interesting enough the sponsors of the adverts where not mentioned. Now I'm just pissed, what the Bleep are we practicing as a nation, this quasi democracy is getting weirder by the second, if anybody has a number that reaches any of these radio stations please pass them to me.
Re: Pro-democracy Groups Put Nigeria In Danger - Arewa Youth by doyin13(m): 12:25am On Mar 10, 2010
lol. . . I guess I am the only one remotely in agreement with him.

The issue is not with the FEC anymore.

Jonathan has all he needs to be President.

He needs to step up to the plate and do what needs to be done.

(1) (Reply)

Confusion In Yar’adua’s Camp •turai, Cabal Members Disagree / Abduction Story / Policeman Impregnates Woman In Detention Cell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.