Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,376 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Details Needed For Licensing A Newly Acquired Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Details Needed For Licensing A Newly Acquired Car (1559 Views)

The Cost Of Vehicle Licensing, Change Of Ownership, Registration & Number Plate / Man Goes To The Extreme To Secure His Newly Acquired Car / Ghanaian Slay Queen Dances Violently To Celebrate Her Newly Acquired Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Details Needed For Licensing A Newly Acquired Car by kneyo14(m): 5:14am On Oct 10, 2017
Hello friends, I just acquired a tokunbo Honda EOD and would like to license it. Please for the experience, what details would be needed by FRSC in doing that as i don't intend going with the car to avoid harassment. You honorable responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks
Re: Details Needed For Licensing A Newly Acquired Car by omoalajah(m): 7:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
kneyo14:
Hello friends, I just acquired a tokunbo Honda EOD and would like to license it. Please for the experience, what details would be needed by FRSC in doing that as i don't intend going with the car to avoid harassment. You honorable responses will be highly appreciated. Thanks

How much did you get it for?
Re: Details Needed For Licensing A Newly Acquired Car by ray48: 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
U don't have to go with the car. And u don't require to go to FRSC. Since it's a tokunbo car, take down the Engine & VIN and visit MVAA offices with ur customs papers. MVAA has offices in the local Governments now. So visit d nearest local Govt to u & ask them. They will provide u with all d vehicle particulars you require including d CMR. Congratulations
Re: Details Needed For Licensing A Newly Acquired Car by AdemolaA2: 10:17am On Oct 22, 2017
ray48:
U don't have to go with the car. And u don't require to go to FRSC. Since it's a tokunbo car, take down the Engine & VIN and visit MVAA offices with ur customs papers. MVAA has offices in the local Governments now. So visit d nearest local Govt to u & ask them. They will provide u with all d vehicle particulars you require including d CMR. Congratulations

What if it was a Nigerian used car and I want to do a transfer of old plate number registration to the newly acquired Nigerian used car ? The plate number is presently on a car now and it expires Feb , 2019.
Re: Details Needed For Licensing A Newly Acquired Car by pattybf(f): 8:26am On Oct 23, 2017
ray48:

Straight to d point. And for emphasis, FRSC do not register vehicles!
Re: Details Needed For Licensing A Newly Acquired Car by pattybf(f): 8:43am On Oct 23, 2017
AdemolaA2:

What if it was a Nigerian used car and I want to do a transfer of old plate number registration to the newly acquired Nigerian used car ? The plate number is presently on a car now and it expires Feb , 2019.

I'm surprised u ve license expiring 2019, when we r still in 2017!

What u need here is change of ownership/reregistration of new no plate. Basic vehicle documents will be required:

Proof of ownership
Allocation of no plate
Vehicle license
Purchase receipt
Transfer of ownership letter
New owners valid id n pp.
Sworn affidavit+ police report + Cmr.

D above will be presented to d Mvaa office where d vehicle was originally registered.

2 Likes

Re: Details Needed For Licensing A Newly Acquired Car by AdemolaA2: 11:47am On Oct 23, 2017
pattybf:

I'm surprised u ve license expiring 2019, when we r still in 2017!

What u need here is change of ownership/reregistration of new no plate. Basic vehicle documents will be required:

Proof of ownership
Allocation of no plate
Vehicle license

I’m sorry , that was a mistake. I was meant to write 2018 . Thanks for the info anyway ..
Purchase receipt
Transfer of ownership letter
New owners valid id n pp.
Sworn affidavit+ police report + Cmr.

D above will be presented to d Mvaa office where d vehicle was originally registered.
Re: Details Needed For Licensing A Newly Acquired Car by davit: 10:07am On Oct 24, 2017
[quote author=AdemolaA2 post=61690985][/quote]

I will advise you give the job to pattybf if you re in Lagos. She is an expert in handling issues like this.
Re: Details Needed For Licensing A Newly Acquired Car by ray48: 9:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
AdemolaA2:

Still the same process. Just visit MVAA offices and explain to them. They will help u to do it. Kudos to LASG. They ve made the process stress free. But pls note that plate no is not transferable.
Re: Details Needed For Licensing A Newly Acquired Car by AdemolaA2: 12:52am On Oct 29, 2017
ray48:

Still the same process. Just visit MVAA offices and explain to them. They will help u to do it. Kudos to LASG. They ve made the process stress free. But pls note that plate no is not transferable.
Thanks alot for this info. Cheers !!!
Re: Details Needed For Licensing A Newly Acquired Car by kneyo14(m): 1:22pm On Nov 14, 2017
omoalajah:

How much did you get it for?

(1) (Reply)

Choose Between 2007-2011 Toyota Camry And 2001-2007 Mercedes Benz C Class / Mini Bus Available For Sale / I'm Getting A Ford Edge 2014. What Issues Should I Be Aware Of?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.