Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Notice To MURIC. Notice To Prof. Ishaq Akintola. [part I] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Notice To MURIC. Notice To Prof. Ishaq Akintola. [part I] (1182 Views)

Biography, Profile Of Prof. Ishaq Akintola, MURIC Director / Ekiti 2018: Fayemi Should Pick Muslim Deputy- Prof Ishaq AKINTOLA / Ortom Reacts To Prof. Umar Labdo Muhammad's "Benue Belongs To Fulani" Claim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Notice To MURIC. Notice To Prof. Ishaq Akintola. [part I] by BabaRamota1980: 5:31am On Oct 10, 2017
The Sokoto Caliphate and the Northern Emirs and their artifacts of Islamic Jihad are all offsprings of Uthman dan Fodio.

There is no history of origin or bloodline traceable for Sultan of Sokoto or any Emir pre dan Fodio. Their history and their faction of Islam started when dan Fodio decapitated the pre-historic Hausa Royal bloodline. This was around 1802, just a little over two hundred years.

According to his history dan Fodio himself was born in 1754.

Yoruba has been practicing Islam long before Fodiyo was born.

First mosque in Yorubaland was built in Oyo Ile in 1550.....two hundred years before Fodiyo was born, and four hundred years to our time now.

Lagos, a cosmopolitan town got its first mosque in 1774, Fodiyo was just coming out of teenage years at the time.

Yoruba ought to be the one chairing Islamic Council in Nigeria. All Islamic authorities in Nigeria and Imams, including Fodiyo offsprings should look for guidance on Islamic teachings and jurispudence from Yoruba Islamic Scholars. Instead, Sheiks like Prof Akintola are kow towing to those whose faith in Islam is inferior, kafirs who spend Saturday through Thursday plotting and shedding human blood but only enter Masjid on Friday to beg forgiveness and cleansing for atrocities and sins of the week.

Observe lifestyle of a muslim of Yoruba stock in comparison with that of muslim Fulani.

One accepts humanity, preserves diversity and believes in the doctrine of live-and-let-live.
The other is irritated by humanity, intolerant of diversity and forces acceptance of jihad at the threat of death.

Whether its traditional religion, christian religion or islam religion, the practise is exalted in Yoruba, outwardly in his omoluabi and inwardly in hisiown spirituality.

I want to remind Sheik Akintola that the best and most grandeur Masjids may be located in North, the structure is nothing more than a temple, an altar, a shrine for worshipping. The word Masjid itself has roots in Yoruba language. It means the place for bowing head - isojude! This single Yoruba word is a powerful testimony on the story of origin of Yorubas. The word isojude was used in reference to temples and shrines in the pre-Islamic Arabian Peninsula where Yoruba congregate to bow heads and venerate gods. Islam took the culture from the Yorubas.

Yorubaland does not recognize a Seriki as its authority on Islam. We have had Islam good two hundred years before anything known as Serikin Musulumi. Therefore Prof Ishaq is advised to relocate himself, his family and all else desiring to restructure their lives along his six demands, to go become subjects under Serikin Musulumi in Sokoto.....those demands are incompatible with omoluabis of Yorubaland.

2 Likes

Re: Notice To MURIC. Notice To Prof. Ishaq Akintola. [part I] by fk001(m): 5:36am On Oct 10, 2017
So what are you insinuating?
Re: Notice To MURIC. Notice To Prof. Ishaq Akintola. [part I] by EmeeNaka: 6:22am On Oct 10, 2017
Is this a struggle between Yoruba Muslims and Yoruba non-Muslims?

1 Like

Re: Notice To MURIC. Notice To Prof. Ishaq Akintola. [part I] by Desyner: 6:25am On Oct 10, 2017
That man is a clown. He thinks his dull mind can confuse all like it does for his illiterate muslims.
With the extreme poverty in islam they should learn to work extra instead of shifting and changing the interpretation of quran every five minutes.

1 Like

Re: Notice To MURIC. Notice To Prof. Ishaq Akintola. [part I] by Positivepoint(m): 7:38am On Oct 10, 2017
Op u missed the point danfodio did not bring Islam to the north he only carry out jihad to separate religion from traditional belief which was kind of mixed before that is why u see less instance of cultism witchcraft etc in the north and traditional religious practices unlike other part of the country. Islam has been in the north for almost a thousand years even bayajida who established the hausa kingdom meet Islam been practiced in the north. When he fled from borno empire before arriving at hausa land and borno empire was ruled by a sultan or sheikh.

1 Like

Re: Notice To MURIC. Notice To Prof. Ishaq Akintola. [part I] by aolawale025: 8:54am On Oct 10, 2017
EmeeNaka:

Nope! The writer is saying Islam arrived in yorubaland before the north.
Re: Notice To MURIC. Notice To Prof. Ishaq Akintola. [part I] by FTrebirth(m): 9:01am On Oct 10, 2017
aolawale025:

Nope! The writer is saying Islam arrived in yorubaland before the north.
which is not true.

1 Like

Re: Notice To MURIC. Notice To Prof. Ishaq Akintola. [part I] by analsexqueen(f): 10:12am On Oct 10, 2017
grin
Re: Notice To MURIC. Notice To Prof. Ishaq Akintola. [part I] by Isokowadoo: 10:51am On Oct 10, 2017
Positivepoint:
Op u missed the point danfodio did not bring Islam to the north he only carry out jihad to separate religion from traditional belief which was kind of mixed before that is why u see less instance of cultism witchcraft etc in the north and traditional religious practices unlike other part of the country. Islam has been in the north for almost a thousand years even bayajida who established the hausa kingdom meet Islam been practiced in the north. When he fled from borno empire before arriving at hausa land and borno empire was ruled by a sultan or sheikh.

Liar
Re: Notice To MURIC. Notice To Prof. Ishaq Akintola. [part I] by Bari22: 11:00am On Oct 10, 2017
Positivepoint:

U've said it all, dan fodio didn't bring islam to hausaland but he reformed Islam by stopping people from doing some unislamic practices.

Re: Notice To MURIC. Notice To Prof. Ishaq Akintola. [part I] by BabaRamota1980: 1:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
EmeeNaka:

Sallam Alaikum.

Omo Alhaja wrote this piece.
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Guber: Election Ends With APGA In Early Lead- The NATION / Yar’adua Made A Mistake By Removing Ribadu, Who They Poisoned – Olusegun Obasanj / Meet The Youngest Political Aspirant In The History Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.