Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Re-born(a Really Really Short Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Re-born(a Really Really Short Story) (856 Views)

A Really Short Christmas Story...lol / © A Child Was Born: A Day Of Happiness, A Day Of Sadness© / Sleep Paralysis (A Really Short Horror Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re-born(a Really Really Short Story) by GeoSilYe(f): 10:37am On Oct 10, 2017
..And Lot's wife looked back and was turned to a pillar of salt... Genesis 19:26

I closed the bible and decided it was too late for me to understand anything this late at night or not?

I didn't want my step-father to get back from his office to meet me here reading the bible or even trying to understand any part of it.

"God does not exist, he is just a fairytale,no listen carefully, he is a story the whites used in oppressing us during the colonial times,to imprison our minds,to.."

"That is not true Father, our teacher says that God is all powerful, all.."

Wham!

I stepped back a little, my cheek burning, then going numb.. i was used to it. The slaps,the yelling, the play pretend whenever Mommy got back from her long trips and the icing on the cake.. the women he brought back with him, but this was a week ago and now it's midnight and he isn't back.. i couldn't pray for him to meet misfortune on the way.. to be hit by a drunk driver while racing..or to be captured by occultists looking for prey or to be taken away to hell by unseen forces. I am a christian, a daughter of God one who will be chosen with his Son and many other angels to defeat the devil and his followers.. i will not harbor bad thoughts around me.. maybe, maybe not.

It is past two now.

Father is yet to arrive and before it strikes three, the power holding company will interrupt the power supply but i don't care.. my room is always dark anyway.. i don't get to see much of the light but it doesn't hurt. I love the darkness, i feel powerful in it..breath taking power.. energy moving around me.. licking my humanity away.. Fr.Amadi says this is very bad.. that only evil people like the darkness, so i ask him..

"if only evil people should be linked to darkness,why did God create it?"

He doesn't answer, he only prays for me and looks at me with pity. I just stare at him, wondering on his ignorance.

There are footsteps approaching the door, It will be Father.. my fine step father.. the only thing beautiful about him is his face.. his inner self is filled with evil and i know it.. i can feel it.. does this make me evil too?

Father enters into the house with a man, probably his co-worker and yells for my name.

Lucy! Lue!

I pretend that i cant hear his ugly voice calling my name, like i said the only beautiful thing about him is his face. He will call me three times and after i will respond

Llluuuccccy!!

I get up from my bed and rush like a thief been chased by an angry mob and finally see him down the stairs staring at me with anger plastered on his face, his co-worker sitting by the door watching me walk to him.

"Yes father"

"Didn't you hear me call your name twice?"

I say nothing.

"are you deaf?"

"no father i heard i was just busy but i.."

Wham,wham!

My cheek drains it all and his co-worker comes rushing to me before i fall. He catches me right on time and makes me stand well.. he looks at my father and says many things before leaving with a disgusted look.

Father doesn't take this well and after he leaves he rushes into his room to bring his fine belt to beat life out of me.. it is not new.. i have tasted fire before so nothing surprises me anymore.

"Lie down"

I lie.

Father delivers 24 fine strokes on my back and after tells me to stand up.

"Remove your dress"

My mind races.. since when has he beaten me and later tried to nurse my wounds?

"dont let me repeat myself.."

Mechanically i start to remove it... my satin dress falls to the ground and he stares at me with evil lustful eyes..

"come closer"

I go to him and he touches me in many bad ways.. my body is'nt mine anymore..

Father rapes me there and i don't say a word.. i didn't struggle, i lie back on my bed like a log after he threatens to kill me if i tell anyone,i only plan for revenge.

I will kill him first.

I won't look back like Lot's wife.

I will stab him in all the places he touched me and let my evil be born.

Fr.Amadi didn't pray enough.

3 Likes

Re: Re-born(a Really Really Short Story) by GeoSilYe(f): 4:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
cry cry
nobody
Re: Re-born(a Really Really Short Story) by MhizQween(f): 12:33pm On Nov 04, 2017
Hello, jus came across this thread
Its a fine piece... grin
Wen wud b d next update
Or is this the end.......
Re: Re-born(a Really Really Short Story) by GeoSilYe(f): 4:30pm On Nov 04, 2017
MhizQween:
Hello, jus came across this thread
Its a fine piece... grin
Wen wud b d next update
Or is this the end.......

Yes it is. smiley

(1) (Reply)

A Horror Story / Waterloo. A True Life by Drabeey / Love Digger COMPLETE By Fr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.