Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,359 members, 7,853,610 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:01 PM

Troost-ekong: No Ill Feelings Towards Oliseh, But I Hope He Is Watching His TV - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Troost-ekong: No Ill Feelings Towards Oliseh, But I Hope He Is Watching His TV (613 Views)

William Troost-Ekong And Wife Expecting A Baby / William Troost-Ekong In Branded Keke In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Troost-ekong Blasts Sunday Oliseh After Super Eagles Qualify For 2018 World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Troost-ekong: No Ill Feelings Towards Oliseh, But I Hope He Is Watching His TV by Sportlineng: 11:28am On Oct 10, 2017
One of the players that made up of the Super Eagles’ “Oyibo wall” William Troost-Ekong has called out former Super Eagles handler Sunday Oliseh.

The former Tottenham trainee cited lack of trust as the reason why he didn’t feature regularly for the Super Eagles when Sunday Oliseh was in charge before asking if the Dutch Eerste Divisie side Fortuna Sittard handler is following his exploits with the Eagles.

“He didn’t believe in me then, but I think Nigerians can see now what I can do,” Troost-Ekong told aclsports.

“I hope he’s watching his TV now and seeing us going to the World Cup. No ill feelings, I saw him at the Olympics last year and we spoke briefly.”

The former Netherlands youth international hinted he found game time hard to come by during Oliseh’s spell as manager of the Super Eagles.

Troost-Ekong, who play for Bursaspor, made only two appearances for the national team, against Tanzania and Democratic Republic of Congo, under the stewardship of Oliseh before he was frozen out of the squad.

“The Olympics was like a restart for my international career. I was part of the Super Eagles until Sunday Oliseh took me out because he said Oyibo boys are too soft,” Troost-Ekong said.

Nigeria have kept seven clean sheets in 15 matches William Troost-Ekong featured for the national team, and he partnered German-born Leon Balogun in central defense in five of those games, against Chad, Mali, Tanzania, Cameroun and Zambia.

Read More Exclusives: https://www.sportlineng.com/sportlineng-journal/

Re: Troost-ekong: No Ill Feelings Towards Oliseh, But I Hope He Is Watching His TV by kelvinatkins(m): 11:42am On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Troost-ekong: No Ill Feelings Towards Oliseh, But I Hope He Is Watching His TV by fuckingAyaya(m): 11:42am On Oct 10, 2017
Yes he is watching his Tv like this

Re: Troost-ekong: No Ill Feelings Towards Oliseh, But I Hope He Is Watching His TV by femicyrus(m): 1:47pm On Oct 10, 2017
Re: Troost-ekong: No Ill Feelings Towards Oliseh, But I Hope He Is Watching His TV by femicyrus(m): 1:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
Oliseh is a big fool who thinks he is smarter than Nigeria. what has become of him now after is smartness? KANU, okocha and yekini are legends we won't forget in a hurry but this oliseh is a shame. a big shame without brain but only after money.

(1) (Reply)

SURE Goal Goal / Cristiano Ronaldo Tops The Forbes 20 Richest Sports Stars Of 2017 After Pocketin / Messi: If Argentina Win The World Cup In Russia, I Will..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.