Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss (1530 Views)

What Are Those Cool Songs You Listen To At Night After A Hectic Day? / Is Talent Enuf? / Tight New Female Rapper In Nigeria. You've Gotta Hear This! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss by InesQor(m): 1:27am On Mar 10, 2010
Posted on March 7th, 2010 by Ovie O

Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to one HELL of a singer who goes by the name, Smiley! I’ve had her songs for over a month, but I’ve been looking for a “perfect time” to post them up for you guys to listen and critique. However, I’ve only just realised that there’s no such thing as a “perfect time” for timeless music. I had to communicate directly with her just to be sure she’s fully Nigerian at heart and reps the Motherland (she dey rep us heavy!!!).

Smiley, whose real name is Giovanna Akindele, was born in Italy to Nigerian parents, but she grew up in Lagos. She attended Estaport Primary School, Gbagada, and Federal Govt College, Ijaniki before moving to Manchester, England at the age of 13 where she’s been performing ever since (now, she’s 19).

Listen to these songs and tell me you’re not wowed by her singing ability. She particularly tore up the classic song “Flying Without Wings.” You can tell I’m very very impressed. What are your thoughts on this precocious talent?

*O.O*

http://www.notjustok.com/2010/03/07/smiley-cry-look-whatchu-did-flying-without-wings/
Re: You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss by ofokaofoki: 11:06am On Mar 10, 2010
she has a good voice, naija is talented.
Re: You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss by tayoast(m): 2:56pm On Mar 11, 2010
yeah, she's good.

she's got a good voice
Re: You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss by InesQor(m): 2:16am On Mar 16, 2010
cool
Re: You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 18, 2010
smiley is a fake, so i heard
Re: You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss by funkybaby(f): 3:36pm On May 18, 2010
Her career has ended even before it started.

its amazing what people do just to acheive fame.

has she not heard of ''musical plagarism'' before  grin

Re: You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss by tosinaded(m): 3:37pm On May 18, 2010
i realy pity her, but what the fck was she thinking na embarassed
Re: You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss by funkybaby(f): 3:50pm On May 18, 2010
tosinaded@:

i realy pity her, but what the fck was she thinking na embarassed

i pity her as well.
Guess she wanted a short cut to naija musical career while sitting down in manchester

what she should have done is come to naija more often, hang out in studios, feature in musical videos and from then launch her career (cos she seems to have a good voice)

she should take lessons from Vector, Eva and Mo Cheddah on how to rise to stardom  grin.
Re: You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss by tosinaded(m): 3:58pm On May 18, 2010
are we even sure the voice is her's?
Re: You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss by badman(m): 5:16pm On May 18, 2010
funkybaby:

(cos she seems to have a good voice).

Which good voice? Everything na copy and paste

didnt really even pay her attention but its funny how this girl mugu every1
Re: You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss by ofokaofoki: 11:03pm On May 18, 2010
covers??
THIS IS SOME HILARIOUS PIECE OF SHIT , I CANT shout
Re: You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss by tayoast(m): 4:41pm On May 20, 2010
wat a shame. . . . embarassed
Re: You've Gotta Listen To This: (smiley) Giovanna Is Talent You Wouldn't Wanna Miss by mmomentum: 7:44am On Jul 19, 2010
she has good voice

(1) (Reply)

Kida Kudz - Ibadi Ft Femi / Video: Beyonce – Die With You / Fairly Used Box Guitar For Sale 8500

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.