Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

D'banj In Love With Genevieve - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / D'banj In Love With Genevieve (4626 Views)

Guys Carry D'banj In A Chair To Future Awards (Photos) / Mikel Obi On His Relationship With , Genevieve Nnaji / Bishop David Oyedepo Embarrasses D'banj In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

D'banj In Love With Genevieve by AloyEmeka5: 3:06am On Mar 10, 2010
Dbanj Is Dating Genevieve

Mar - 09
Dbanj recently had an interview with Encomium’s magazine Stella and confessed his feelings for Genevieve. An industry insider told us that Genevieve is the inspiration for Dbanj’s hit single “Fall In Love”

Here is the interview from the magazine:
You were spotted secretly and publicly at different places with Genevieve Nnaji and we heard you both are in some kind of relationship. Is this true?
D’Banj “Yes, yes, yes. We have been trying to keep this quiet but yes, I am dating Genevieve Nnaji.

So is this a marriage-headed relationship?

D’Banj “Like I just told you, Genevieve is my girlfriend. In fact, I don’t like using that word girlfriend. She’s my baby, she’s my every thing and I love her. We are both very mature and also very private. We would like to take it one step at a time right now and would appreciate if people will respect our need for privacy at this time.
When the news of this relationship hits the streets, we are sure you both know what will happen next. Are you ready for this?
D’Banj “Well, what can I say? Like I said, Genevieve is the biggest African star that I know and I am in the public eye, so it is to be expected. But I personally do not care about any news that wants to come out. I am proud of whom I am with. When I met Genevieve I knew what I wanted and I went after it and I am still with what I want and she’s the one I want. Right now the only woman in my life is Genevieve and she knows that. We want to be together and we don’t want to hide it any longer. I want to be able to take her out, walk into anywhere with her and not have to hide. I’ve found my kokolet, my woman. Please pray for us.”
Okay. We heard you recently featured her in your music video, ‘Fall in Love.’ Is this a publicity stunt or is it a real relationship?

D’Banj “This is all so funny because beyond the personal feelings I have for Genevieve, on the business side, she is the only one who represented what we were looking for to shoot the video. She represents Africa. She represents the African Queen. She is the biggest and was even profiled on the Oprah Winfrey Show. So it was a mixed feeling for me. She was the perfect person to use for the song ‘Fall in Love’. She even was my perception of someone you would want to fall in love with and have in your life. I believe the average African man wherever you are, if you want to think of whom you would want to fall in love with, if you close your eyes and take a deep breath, it’s Genevieve that will come to mind. So business-wise, she represented everything we were looking for to make the video.”
You must have been looking at her whilst you were singing. Were you really telling her your feelings?
D’Banj “I am in love with Genevieve. It’s been long I felt this way about anyone. I don’t know what other words to use to qualify my feelings. But when you see the video, you will know that it’s not just a video, it was me talking to my girl for real.

So all you kokolet trying hard for the Koko master, he is no longer available.

http://www.underdarock.com/blog/2010/03/09/dbanj-is-dating-genevieve/
Re: D'banj In Love With Genevieve by platinumnk(f): 3:08am On Mar 10, 2010
ur late aloy this has already been posted tongue
Re: D'banj In Love With Genevieve by riversman: 3:16am On Mar 10, 2010
Aloy oh AlOY, is there that passes when u dont give us gossip news, u should consider journalism sha
Re: D'banj In Love With Genevieve by clemcykul(f): 10:22am On Mar 10, 2010
genevieve and d banj?

they dont fit! one happens to be too much for the other.

figure it out.
Re: D'banj In Love With Genevieve by MyneWhite1(f): 6:31pm On Mar 10, 2010
This is just publicity stunt!
Re: D'banj In Love With Genevieve by nanidee(f): 2:59am On Mar 11, 2010
Genevieve and Dbanj? lipsrsealed
Re: D'banj In Love With Genevieve by omar22(m): 9:36pm On Mar 11, 2010
one is Nigerian's version of Cheryl Cole, trying to boost his/her profile (Agressive Marketing)
Re: D'banj In Love With Genevieve by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 14, 2010
hmmmm! All i have to say about this is to congratulate him on hos new found love. Stunting or not.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: How Donatella Versace Transformed Herself Into A Human Waxwork (smh) / Top 10 Shocking Transformations Of Nollywood Actresses!! / Neyo Grabs Wife’s Bum Bum In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.