Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,989 members, 7,863,515 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:18 PM

What Must I Do To Keep My Salvation Save Till The Coming Of Christ Jesus? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Must I Do To Keep My Salvation Save Till The Coming Of Christ Jesus? (238 Views)

Are Those People In The Bible Before The Coming Of Jesus Also Going To Heaven? / The Solar Eclipse, The Blood Moon, This Generation, And The Coming Of Christ / The Appearance Of The Sign Of The Son Of Man In Heaven And The Coming Of Jesus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Must I Do To Keep My Salvation Save Till The Coming Of Christ Jesus? by madumelu(m): 2:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
Being saved is one thing; another thing so important that everyone saved should strive to know again is how to retain this salvation of mine.

Do you know that you are saved never means you can’t return to your former state of being (the old man, ruled by flesh))

Perhaps, I want to clear you, so if you are among those folks with such mentality that my salvation in Christ makes me free from the enemies attack you have to stop now and rethink.

Salvation is a grace of God that saves mankind from sin (which leads to death) into an eternal life in Christ Jesus and not from attack of the Anti-Christ.

Subsequently, it is when after you have receive salvation; you receive domineering power over the enemies which manifest as a result of the indwelling of the holy spirit in you.

If then one’s salvation can be tempered and taken away from one. The question still remains, what then should I do or better say keep doing to stay saved till the coming of our Lord Jesus.

Make no provision for the flesh
Apostle Paul writing to the Romans Christian, he advises them, “to work by the spirit and make no provision for the flesh to satisfy its desires”

He also wrote to his son in the Lord, Timothy, “no soldier on service get entangled with civilian pursuits, since his aim is to satisfy the one who enlisted him” – 2 Tim 2:4

Salvation come through our confession of and believe in Christ Jesus, his death and resurrection (see Rom 10:9). The man saved and regenerated is the spirit man.

That why as a new babe in Christ (salvation-level), one can still be ruled by the flesh (see 1 Corin 3:1).

Perhaps, anyone still controlled by the flesh (though saved) cannot retain his salvation and cannot as well please God (see Rom 8:6).

Therefore, one major prerequisite to remain saved is to put to death the desires of the flesh (or earthly desires) as Apostle Paul may put it, which are “… fornication, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. In these you once walked when you lived in them. But now put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and foul talk from your mouth. Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put of the old man with his practices (see Col 3:5 – 9)

However, to make no provision for the flesh requires one have to walk by the spirit, “but I say, walk by the spirit and do not gratify the desires of the flesh – Gal 5:18.

Daily meditation on the word of God
To stay saved is to keep growth.  Paul wrote to Timothy, “Do you best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth – 2 Tim 2:15.

One of the greatest need why every believer must study the Word, Apostle Paul tells us, “so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wing of the doctrine, by the cunning of men, by their craftiness in deceitful wiles – Eph 4:14

Salvation comes by the Word of God (Jesus) and therefore can be sustained by the Word. And also it’s through the knowledge of the Word that our faith (of salvation) is strengthened. (see Rom 10:17)

The psalmist also made this point clear, “I have laid up thy word in my heart, that I may not sin against thee” – Ps 199:11. All the psalmist is saying here is that, he had always abide by the word, so in other not to lose his salvation.

Pray always
I have had a saying that has every truth in it, “a prayerless Christian is a powerless Christian and a prayerful Christian is a powerful child...

Click the link below to continue reading http://www.faithinspirationblog.com/2017/10/10/must-keep-salvation-save-till-coming-christ-jesus/

(1) (Reply)

Chosen Is Blessed / Godliness And Persecution / Work And Study In Canada/usa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.