Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS (39001 Views)

19 Passengers Die In Okene Bypass Fatal Accident / Passengers Rescued After Their Boat Capsized In Bonny, Rivers State. Photos / Anambra Flood: Passengers Rescued Alive After Being Carried Away. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by iWasNotHere(m): 3:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
So none of the passengers wore a life Jacket. I'm not understanding
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by realestniggah: 3:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
Lagos state is working
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by ghosteen(m): 3:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
I TOTALLY concur
Basic123:

Lagos is not Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by ChineseBuggati3(m): 3:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
Our waterways , highways , railways , airports,stadiums are not safe it won't be a surprise that aso-rock might be bombed one day. in fact I'm on my way to Sudan to visit jubril siblings
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by kokomaster4d: 3:38pm On Oct 10, 2017
Please where can I get Visa to go to Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by Reeberry: 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
haywire07:
In Nigeria? Maybe na film undecided

That man we dey sleep like say na him rescue everybody be like "I see death face to face , Iz noh easy"
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by ghosteen(m): 3:39pm On Oct 10, 2017
many water?? shocked shocked
ibkgab001:
Haha him saw many water

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by Reeberry: 3:40pm On Oct 10, 2017
haywire07:

That man we dey sleep like say na him rescue everybody be like "I see death face to face , Iz noh easy"
My belle oo. grin
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by ghosteen(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2017
beside ghana, near cotonou, before egypt opposite iran. wink
Bmaster:
then where is lagos in?
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by madgoat(m): 3:43pm On Oct 10, 2017
See the dead boats the police are using. I am ashamed of Nigeria embarassed. Thank God i am British
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by Demolism: 3:44pm On Oct 10, 2017
ki iyamoje take e easy ooooooo

dey no be Ambode way dey push d river water away for land ooooo

LAUGHING IN TOKYO STYLE
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by muller101(m): 3:45pm On Oct 10, 2017
Learn how to swim. Not in a swimming pool pls.
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by Funkybabee(f): 3:48pm On Oct 10, 2017
Nice one from lagos state
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by lexy2014: 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
iWasNotHere:
So none of the passengers wore a life Jacket. I'm not understanding
because they wore life jacket, will they now swim to their destination or to shore? Life jacket will keep them afloat &safe(as long as they are off d capsized boat)pending when rescue gets 2 them
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by Bigsteveg(m): 3:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
ShitHead:
Too much watching of Hollywood. Wetin the helicopter dey do for air? People capsize for air too?

Have you ever thought of it that the helicopter might be needed to get the first set of responders to the site for quick intervention.
And also incase of injured accident victims who need serious Medicare and need to be transported to a hospital urgently, do u realise that with a helicopter , they can reach hospital faster.
People like u see nothing good in Nigeria, and if its the whites now, u keep praising them. God help u

13 Likes

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by middlebelter(m): 3:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
In terms of response to emergency, and Lagos State is clearly ahead of its peers in Nigeria. Itesiwaju Eko lọ jẹ́ wá lógún.

1 Like

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by ShitHead(m): 3:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
Bigsteveg:

Have you ever thought of it that the helicopter might be needed to get the first set of responders to the site for quick intervention.
And also incase of injured accident victims who need serious Medicare and need to be transported to a hospital urgently, do u realise that with a helicopter , they can reach hospital faster.
People like u see nothing good in Nigeria, and if its the whites now, u keep praising them. God help u

Amen to your prayer.

But my concern be say, fuel go soon finish for the helicopter.
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by Flaghouse1: 3:55pm On Oct 10, 2017
gbishman:
Why don't we learn from mistakes won't it be wiser for regulations to be put and enforced on the compulsory use of personal flotation devices (PFD's). Sometimes i just get tired of some balderdash news

We will still not learn,this is becoming a recurring decimal, the last time similar scenario happened where lives were lost the state government just made too much noise on sanctions and till date reports of the last incident was not made to the public on how to tackle this menace

From my own view point the government needs to do a complete overhaul of this water transport system by investing heavily in terms of infrastructures and provision of boats that are safety compliant through private partnership initiatives with existing stakeholders and put in place regulatory procedures in the management of water transportation in the state this will go a one way to reduce or end this mishap

1 Like

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by basic23111: 3:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
this kind of rescue can only happen in Lagos. awon Omo Yoruba atata

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by OldSkoolHeadBoy: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
ShitHead:
Too much watching of Hollywood. Wetin the helicopter dey do for air? People capsize for air too?

Must you guys just criticise everything without thinking it through ! Anyway, the helicopter hovering above has a good bird eye view of the entire accident area and will be able to direct responders in boats to locate and recover/rescue victims.

2 Likes

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by PMWSpirit(m): 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
ShitHead:
bro pls na, if you don't know about safety protocols, then just view and move on, in any emergency the most important view is the ariel. Why do you think there's need for helicopter when chasing a vehicle? Same applies for search and rescue

1 Like

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by Basic123: 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
Bmaster:
then where is lagos in?
Beside nigeria.
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by hanassholesolo: 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2017
I hope someday i wont become a meme

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by Basic123: 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2017
slawali:
Lagos na biafra Mugun.
Biafra doesn't exist.lagos is beside Nigeria
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by PMWSpirit(m): 4:00pm On Oct 10, 2017
OldSkoolHeadBoy:

Must you guys just criticise everything without thinking it through ! Anyway, the helicopter hovering above has a good bird eye view of he entire accident area and will be able to direct responders in boats to locate and recover/rescue victims.
you are blessed

1 Like

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by PrinceMario(m): 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
ShitHead:
Little brains everywhere.
He didn't even know that the helicopter up there does the greater job in getting the coordinates of where the marine police on water to go.

Mtchewwwwww

2 Likes

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
ShitHead:

Your moniker says it all! Mumu

2 Likes

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by Dearlord(m): 4:12pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hehe!
9ja Don upgrade small ooo grin cheesy
We are getting there soonest
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by joinnow: 4:13pm On Oct 10, 2017
Adaumunocha:
Thank God no life was lost.
recovery of the corpse of a woman passenger

We still have to thank God no matter the situation.
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by Adaumunocha(f): 4:14pm On Oct 10, 2017
joinnow:

recovery of the corpse of a woman passenger

We still have to thank God no matter the situation.
All thanks to God.
Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by Pidginwhisper: 4:17pm On Oct 10, 2017
ShitHead:
You no get sense @ all and your monika fit u wella undecided

2 Likes

Re: Boat Capsizes Under Third Mainland Bridge In Lagos, 19 Passengers Rescued. PICS by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2017
haywire07:

this one no dy sleep o, i guess he his d bereaved husband.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Government Removes Visa Reciprocity Fees For Nigerians / Okada Rider Found Dead In A Flooded Gutter In Anambra (Disturbing Video) / Discover The Magic Of East Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.