Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

I Need Help Learning Coreldraw Design. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / I Need Help Learning Coreldraw Design. (1390 Views)

What Are The Advantages Of Coreldraw X7, And Its Feature? / Rate My CAR DESIGN On CORELDRAW / CORELDRAW | PHOTOSHOP | ILLUSTRATOR | Training For Beginners (VIDEO TUTORIALS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Learning Coreldraw Design. by Eldinot4(m): 3:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
Hello designers, i am a student and want to learn graphic design specifically corel draw. I need help on where to start from ( can i learn on my own? ) and also approximately how long can it take me to atleast learn and start designing simple banners or pictures? Thanks.

Example of design i want to learn:

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Learning Coreldraw Design. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 10, 2017
Easy bro, just learn how to use those tools on CDR.
YouTube might help.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Learning Coreldraw Design. by Shobizz(m): 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2017
If you are a fast learner, u can.
your location first do u have a system desktop or laptop, can u learn online
if yes i can be off help check my signature 4 contact

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Learning Coreldraw Design. by primemedia2017: 8:29pm On Oct 11, 2017
Join our WhatsApp group to meet the gurus that will lead u through
https:///I1T5VlsJ3qV7g6CWFo8XTe

The forum is for those that have known graphics because we discuss on how to design for printing

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Learning Coreldraw Design. by faithogiga(m): 11:24pm On Oct 11, 2017
One advice. Stop learning coreldraw. Understand design principles and elements. Let wiki and google be your friend. Anybody can open coreldraw.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Learning Coreldraw Design. by naijacartoon: 5:37pm On Oct 16, 2017
Thank you for your interest in designing but here is what you must understand but first a brief background information about myself if you don't mind.

Started using coreldraw when it was coreldraw 5, still remember the splash screen of a fairy goddess-in my own opinion, stay with it, updated to version 8, 12, x3, x6 used it for projects like calender, complimentary, book, magazine, year book and invitations, well, moved on to adobe indesign and currently using adobe illustrator for character design in 2d animation, work in a printing house, teach in several computer school and in secondary schools.

To answer your question, the fundamental of designing or graphic need to be known such as typography, color wheel, layout, template, picture placement and how graphic designing generally work.

Next is to choose which software, good you have settled for corel draw, what next is to understand the interface, menu and to work with the tools and play with shapes and manipulating it.

Next is to acquire sample of work and try understanding the workflow and build your skills on it, during this stage my student comes to class with biscuit wrapers, soap wrapers etc and try to work with it.

I usually frown at making youtube your first point reason being youtube is messed up with unorganised videos, speedup videos and misleading titles that will add to more problem than solution to a learner so my recomendation is learn from people doing it by watching or enrolling in a computer school or having private tutoring and mentoring.

Lastly, graphic design is all about creativity, if you have the passion, then go for it, should you have challenges, am open for suggestion.

Goodluck

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Learning Coreldraw Design. by Eldinot4(m): 7:44pm On Oct 16, 2017
naijacartoon:
Thank you for your interest in designing but here is what you must understand but first a brief background information about myself if you don't mind.

Started using coreldraw when it was coreldraw 5, still remember the splash screen of a fairy goddess-in my own opinion, stay with it, updated to version 8, 12, x3, x6 used it for projects like calender, complimentary, book, magazine, year book and invitations, well, moved on to adobe indesign and currently using adobe illustrator for character design in 2d animation, work in a printing house, teach in several computer school and in secondary schools.

To answer your question, the fundamental of designing or graphic need to be known such as typography, color wheel, layout, template, picture placement and how graphic designing generally work.

Next is to choose which software, good you have settled for corel draw, what next is to understand the interface, menu and to work with the tools and play with shapes and manipulating it.

Next is to acquire sample of work and try understanding the workflow and build your skills on it, during this stage my student comes to class with biscuit wrapers, soap wrapers etc and try to work with it.

I usually frown at making youtube your first point reason being youtube is messed up with unorganised videos, speedup videos and misleading titles that will add to more problem than solution to a learner so my recomendation is learn from people doing it by watching or enrolling in a computer school or having private tutoring and mentoring.

Lastly, graphic design is all about creativity, if you have the passion, then go for it, should you have challenges, am open for suggestion.

Goodluck
thank u sir
Re: I Need Help Learning Coreldraw Design. by mayorkent(m): 9:27pm On Oct 17, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Hi What You Guys Think About This School Logo / Where Is Abuja Area 10 (UTC) Of Lagos? / Graphics Designer For Tee Shirt Designs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.