Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,976 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:06 PM

Don't Take Your Phone To This People. They'll Extort You And Damage Your Phone - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Don't Take Your Phone To This People. They'll Extort You And Damage Your Phone (1264 Views)

5 Bad Habits That Damage Your Phone’s Battery / Does Small Generator Damage Your Phone's Battery? / Help Me To Suggest Which Phone To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Take Your Phone To This People. They'll Extort You And Damage Your Phone by firefox9(m): 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2017
There's a place called Phone Clinic in Wuse Market Abuja. Please don't take your phone to them for repairs. They'll extort you and make your phone worse.

I'd a problem with my charging port and power button, so I took my phone to them, the guy said he'll fix it for N2500, I said no problem he should go ahead. Then he requested that I should paid him the money so he can buy the parts. I now gave him 2k first. He went to buy the parts and in less than 1 minute, he came back.

When he opened the phone and did some things, he then told me that he'd fixed the power button but for the charging port, I'll have to change the entire panel which he said will cost me another N2500. Making it 5k. I now begin to suspect the guy is only trying to scam me. So I told him that he should couple the phone back and give me because I can't afford to pay 5k to fix that phone. He insisted that I should pay the 5k but I told him that I can't because I don't have the money.

Then suddenly, he said 'Aw! The charging port is working now' then I said okay thank God it works. So I paid him the remaining N500.

On getting home, I noticed that my volume down is not working, so I opened the phone to see what's wrong. To my greatest shock, I realized that the guy removed my volume down and used it for the power button. Now I can't reduce the volume of my phone because the volume down isn't functional anymore. To make matters worse even the power button isn't functioning properly just after 3 days of use. I'll have to open the phone and use broom stick to power it anytime the screen is off.

This has been my terrible experience.
For everyone who cares to listen, please don't take your phone to them. (Phone Clinic, Wuse Market Abuja). Always seek for recommendation before taking your device to any repair service.

For those who've had similar experience, please share your experience so we all know who to avoid.
cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Don't Take Your Phone To This People. They'll Extort You And Damage Your Phone by MilesLamar(m): 6:57am On Oct 11, 2017
Wicked people everywhere

lalasticala, mydd44

1 Like

Re: Don't Take Your Phone To This People. They'll Extort You And Damage Your Phone by selfdefence: 9:36am On Oct 11, 2017
firefox9:
There's a place called Phone Clinic in Wuse Market Abuja. Please don't take your phone to them for repairs. They'll extort you and make your phone worse.

I'd a problem with my charging port and power button, so I took my phone to them, the guy said he'll fix it for N2500, I said no problem he should go ahead. Then he requested that I should paid him the money so he can buy the parts. I now gave him 2k first. He went to buy the parts and in less than 1 minute, he came back.

When he opened the phone and did some things, he then told me that he'd fixed the power button but for the charging port, I'll have to change the entire panel which he said will cost me another N2500. Making it 5k. I now begin to suspect the guy is only trying to scam me. So I told him that he should couple the phone back and give me because I can't afford to pay 5k to fix that phone. He insisted that I should pay the 5k but I told him that I can't because I don't have the money.

Then suddenly, he said 'Aw! The charging port is working now' then I said okay thank God it works. So I paid him the remaining N500.

On getting home, I noticed that my volume down is not working, so I opened the phone to see what's wrong. To my greatest shock, I realized that the guy removed my volume down and used it for the power button. Now I can't reduce the volume of my phone because the volume down isn't functional anymore. To make matters worse even the power button isn't functioning properly just after 3 days of use. I'll have to open the phone and use broom stick to power it anytime the screen is off.

This has been my terrible experience.
For everyone who cares to listen, please don't take your phone to them. (Phone Clinic, Wuse Market Abuja). Always seek for recommendation before taking your device to any repair service.

For those who've had similar experience, please share your experience so we all know who to avoid.
cc: lalasticlala mynd44
Thanks alot duly noted.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Mozilla Launches New 2X Faster Firefox Quantum Browser For Android And Ios / Pls Guys How Much Cost D Repair Of Tecno H7 Power Button / Watch The 2018 World Cup Live On Your Smartphone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.