Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Re Why Can't Nigeria Print 5.5 Million Dollars Instead Of Borrowing ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re Why Can't Nigeria Print 5.5 Million Dollars Instead Of Borrowing ? (843 Views)

'President Buhari Wore Pam Slippers To Address The Nation Instead Of Shoes' / Should Nigeria Print More Money? Well, I Don't Think So.. / Kano, Katsina, Rivers And Lagos Can Pay Salaries Without Borrowing - BudgIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re Why Can't Nigeria Print 5.5 Million Dollars Instead Of Borrowing ? by tuscani: 10:02am On Oct 11, 2017
I was reading the article and the responses that follows with the hope that someone will answer the question using economic principles.
The answer is that Nigeria can not print the naira equivalent because the cost of doing that will be far more than the eventual interest of borrowing the money, Moreover the action will lead to inflation on the long run.
Re: Re Why Can't Nigeria Print 5.5 Million Dollars Instead Of Borrowing ? by Jagermeister(m): 10:45am On Oct 11, 2017
I've thought about all these; who's the government, where's the government?

What constitutes the government. We know they are in Aso rock but where's all this coming and leading to. Are they seriously government'ing' behind the cameras or laughing at us all. I'm stopping here..

Lemme face what I'm paid for.
Re: Re Why Can't Nigeria Print 5.5 Million Dollars Instead Of Borrowing ? by realjoker(m): 11:38am On Oct 11, 2017
tuscani:
I was reading the article and the responses that follows with the hope that someone will answer the question using economic principles.
The answer is that Nigeria can not print the naira equivalent because the cost of doing that will be far more than the eventual interest of borrowing the money, Moreover the action will lead to inflation on the long run.
Let me answer your questions in this manner. Try to figure out why USA is the most indebted country in the world even though dollar its currency is the world currency used in international trade
Re: Re Why Can't Nigeria Print 5.5 Million Dollars Instead Of Borrowing ? by tuscani: 11:47am On Oct 11, 2017
realjoker:
Let me answer your questions in this manner. Try to figure out why USA is the most indebted country in the world even though dollar its currency is the world currency used in international trade
please do you understand the content of my response.
Re: Re Why Can't Nigeria Print 5.5 Million Dollars Instead Of Borrowing ? by orisa37: 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
What are the duties of The Nigerian Printing and Minting Company?
Re: Re Why Can't Nigeria Print 5.5 Million Dollars Instead Of Borrowing ? by realjoker(m): 1:47pm On Oct 11, 2017
tuscani:
please do you understand the content of my response.
LOL. I thought you were laying emphasis that the question is not yet answered.
Re: Re Why Can't Nigeria Print 5.5 Million Dollars Instead Of Borrowing ? by tuscani: 2:19pm On Oct 11, 2017
realjoker:
LOL. I thought you were laying emphasis that the question is not yet answered.
grin grin grin grin good afternoon Bro
Re: Re Why Can't Nigeria Print 5.5 Million Dollars Instead Of Borrowing ? by tuscani: 2:43pm On Oct 11, 2017
orisa37:
What are the duties of The Nigerian Printing and Minting Company?
of course printing of cash, expecially defaced currencies.But not printing to the level of 5.5million dollars

(1) (Reply)

IGP Ibrahim Idris Impregnated Serving Policewoman -Senator Misau / Nigeria Ranks 3rd In Open Defecation – UNICEF / Pro-atiku 2019 Supporters & Bloggers Summit Yourself Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.