Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,438 members, 7,830,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

How To Setup Lan - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Setup Lan (581 Views)

Setting Up Pc To Pc Lan And Sharing A Usb Modem Internet Services In The Network / How To Hack Wireless/lan Networks / Dell Inspiron 600m Ethernet Controller/lan Driver (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Setup Lan by WafiJoe(m): 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2010
Please can anyone out here give me the requirements to set up an office LAN. I have been given a deadline of tommorrow to come up with my quotation. So anyone out there should please help me out with the best hardware to use in it. Thanks.
Re: How To Setup Lan by WafiJoe(m): 4:59pm On Mar 10, 2010
Please, I need an urgent reply the deadline is tommorrow 9:00am
Re: How To Setup Lan by Dokki: 2:22am On Mar 11, 2010
Your question is like "how deep is the atlantic ocean"?
You customer gave you requirements abi?
What are they? Does he have a budget?
Does he have the PC's already? Does he want to go wireless or wired?
LAN or WAN? Does he care if you use switches or hubs?
Does he plan on growing his network or is it fixed?

All these question help determine what you customer wants and you can quote accordingly.

Good luck

D
Re: How To Setup Lan by WafiJoe(m): 10:37am On Mar 11, 2010
Yes thank you, his budget is 16,000
he have 4 computers already
its LAN
he doesnt plan to grow his network, he is using 4 systems (just to share printers and transfer files)

Thanks, can you gimme ur number?
Re: How To Setup Lan by WafiJoe(m): 10:54am On Mar 11, 2010
Its not wireless and i am using hub
Re: How To Setup Lan by LIONGATE: 6:49pm On Mar 11, 2010
dont use hub otherwise your network will be slow, instead get a 5 or 8 port switch which wont be more than 8000. just get a cat 5 or cat 6 cable, either a row or in pieces depending on the distance of the systems. If u dont know how to terminate cable, u can get someone to do it for u so that u can learn.
for more just call me on 08034690661

(1) (Reply)

I Need Sm1 To Help Me With Free Internet Browsing On Pc / My Laptop Won't Connect To The Internet / Starcomm Dos Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.