Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,383 members, 7,815,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election (70901 Views)

Liberia Presidential Run-off: Opposition's Boakai Maintains Slim Lead / George Weah Sworn In As Liberian President (Photos, Video) / George Weah Is New President Of Liberia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by Ndipe(m): 3:29am On Oct 12, 2017
Has Weah's victory been confirmed?
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by zolapower: 3:52am On Oct 12, 2017
He keeps breaking the world record . The first black man from native africa to win the prestigious world footballer of the year award and the first footballer to win presidential election.
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by rhektor(m): 3:52am On Oct 12, 2017
Oluwapresley:
Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow Wow

Are you a siren?
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 12, 2017
The only thing this oga is bringing to the table is just his name, ask Buhari and Trump.

1 Like

Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by nelzzy90(m): 4:56am On Oct 12, 2017
But wetin do mr Weah bowtie?
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by persius555(m): 4:59am On Oct 12, 2017
Let's hope this one too won't dash their hopes like one...........
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by zicoraads: 5:04am On Oct 12, 2017
Ndipe:
I was about to ask this. Seun, Lalasticlala. This hasn't been confirmed.
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by DeRay98(m): 5:35am On Oct 12, 2017
After football and previously losing the last elections Weah went back to school in the U.S to study and earn education degrees (not really but I think he now has up to s masters degree). That's how a serious person prepares to lead his country.
His good heart, patriotism will earn him the cooperation of his people.
But I hope the serial politicians will not use his inexperience against his govt.

1 Like

Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by spencekat(m): 6:09am On Oct 12, 2017
@Last,congratulations to the G.Weah
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 12, 2017
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin

Congratzzzz George Weah

He should not allow Buhari to come near him

Buhari is a colossal failure and a mistake to Nigerians
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by Jeezuzpick(m): 6:36am On Oct 12, 2017
Flashh:
All the best, the only African man to win World's best footballer.

Zinedine Zidane's an Algerian.

He's quiet about it.
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by iluvpomo(m): 6:50am On Oct 12, 2017
George Weah's wonder goal, dribbled all the way from his own 18 shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwOLi3J4Y78
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by iluvpomo(m): 6:55am On Oct 12, 2017
Jeezuzpick:

He's quiet about it.
Zinedine Zidane was born on 23 June 1972 in La Castellane, Marseille, in France.
He is 100% French.
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by QTEST007(m): 7:04am On Oct 12, 2017
Daviddson:
More than 12 years after his first attempt. I hope he'll not disappoint popular expectations.

Like somebody I know.

1 Like

Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by 3RNEST(m): 7:06am On Oct 12, 2017
Wow CDC Weah.. .victory at last.. . cheesy
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by jossykondo: 7:09am On Oct 12, 2017
thumb up for you man,I love your fighting spirit
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by Niftyrules(m): 7:20am On Oct 12, 2017
Johnson799:
okocha and kanu wah r u waiting 4

Hey bro confirm your claims. There is a possibility of a run-off between George Weah and Joseph Boakai.
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by XX01(f): 7:23am On Oct 12, 2017
Congratulations to him. After his loss, people were saying that they can't be led by an illiterate. He went to school, got a BSC and I think an Msc and see him now.

Why couldn't Nigeria do same? cry
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 12, 2017
BroZuma:
The only thing this oga is bringing to the table is just his name, ask Buhari and Trump.
I don't no your pain about Trump. the last time I check USA are not in recession.
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by dejumite(m): 7:33am On Oct 12, 2017
congratulations sir, but don't turn the nation to football academic ooo
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 12, 2017
beamtopola:

I don't no your pain about Trump. the last time I check USA are not in recession.

grin grin grin grin

If you're a black person, then I know your type, if you're white I know your type.

Trump is as African as any leader would ever get, that guy is America's only 3rd World Leader. And BTW why have you decided to waste your mention on my post.

And as a closeout, it's "Know".
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by Juzzybabe(f): 7:51am On Oct 12, 2017
economia:

Football icon, George Weah has emerged as the newly elected president of Liberia to succeed Elen Johnson Sirleaf.
Weah defeated his closest rival, Joseph Boakai who is also the incumbent Vice President.
Others include longtime opposition figure Charles Brumskine and former Coca-Cola executive Alexander Cummings.

http://nigeriapoliticsonline.com/breaking-george-weah-wins-liberia-presidential-polls/

OP this news is so fake! The count is still on and as at yesterday, some were still casting their votes and even some counties votes were cancelled due to a lot of irregularities. please make proper findings before posting. NEC is yet to announce the preliminary results. na wa for una lies o
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 12, 2017
Nec has not even announce the winner someone in this furum just post nonsence
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by Juzzybabe(f): 7:54am On Oct 12, 2017
Ndipe:
No! The count is still on o...
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by BakireBulmaker: 8:11am On Oct 12, 2017
He must have gone to school over the years.

Lack of formal education must have stopped him the other time he ran.
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by Flashh: 8:15am On Oct 12, 2017
Jeezuzpick:

He's quiet about it.
Off course I knew. But I am talking about a player who was so proud to play for his African country and also a black man.
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by CioAngels(f): 8:17am On Oct 12, 2017
Can Nigeria ever make great history like this? Oh, i forgot, a country that abolished history can never make this kind of history. The Youth, we are waiting, what are you waiting for? Please, not the likes of Demeji Bankole because he will once again block the chances of none stealing youth. Sincere youths, we are waiting.
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by mechanics(m): 8:21am On Oct 12, 2017
Congrats
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 12, 2017
Congratulations Mr Weah..Been rooting for you since when OBJ imposed that first woman. Well done!!
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by edonks1: 8:38am On Oct 12, 2017
Young and Vibrant not a fabricated human being pumped up with medicine to seat in the presidency while the cabal will be wasting Nigeria money
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by Omooba77: 8:54am On Oct 12, 2017
Seun and lalasticlala, please confirm this story, not sure it is the REAL Version
Re: George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election by 9japrof(m): 8:58am On Oct 12, 2017
onatisi:
He won the election after striking a deal with charles taylor and picking charles taylor ex wife as his vice president , and taylor phone call to his boys to support george weah.
at times one may need to dine with the devil in prder to reach ones goals

If this is true, one must really get dirty if you really want to dapple into politics

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Photos Of Ukraine's Beautiful Female Soldiers That Are Trending / 16 Crazy Laws That Only Exist In North Korea / London Attack: This Photo Of A Muslim Lady Walking Past Victim Got People T...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.