Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,581 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God (1471 Views)

The Word 'Forgiveness' And The Concept Behind It. Whats Your Own Definition?. / Understanding The Concept of Tithing / The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Suhaibu(m): 5:09pm On Mar 10, 2010
In Christianity, the Christians believe that God reveals Himself.
In Islam, the Muslims believe that God reveals His Will.

In revealing Himself in Christianity, the Christians means incarnation that God out of love came down to earth in form of a Man, Jesus. Christianity holds the believe that God is the true image of Man. The Bible quotes as saying: “Let us make Man in to our image” {Genesis 1:26}.
The Muslims doesn’t believe in incarnation. The Muslims, though the believe God is love, they however, reject the belief that reveals Himself; He can’t become a man. In other words, Man and God are two opposite and different things. Just as you can’t crawl like a baby and wet your pants out of the love of the baby; so does God: He can’t become a Man.

As to the Incarnation, in Christianity, that is God becoming a Man, this has been a difficulty that has been debated for 2000 years. Whether it is plausible for a Man, Jesus to be a God and a Man at the same time; whether he could be mortal and immortal at the same time; whether he was mutable and immutable at the same time.

If God divided in to three in Trinity, the Muslim didn’t believe that god.
If God is One and only and has no partner in worship; the God of universe, the creator; the God of the worlds, that is the true God in the monotheistic teaching and believe of Islam.

It is not the purpose of this piece to insult or mock any religion; it is meant to inform.

See video here for the logical analogy of the comparison:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8B8_cjjFcA

Peace upon you all.
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 10, 2010
this guy just posts new threads everyday . . . ask him a simple question and he flees like the coward he is.
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by muhsin(m): 5:37pm On Mar 10, 2010
^^^Ask sensible questions next time . . .
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Suhaibu(m): 6:00pm On Mar 10, 2010
Daviddylyn: You're very funny. As Muhsin said: As a sensible question next time. And am her to answer you.
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 10, 2010
muhsin:

^^^Ask sensible questions next time . . .

Did you even know what i asked him before you categorised it as not sensible? Get a brain next time.

Suhaibu:

Daviddylyn: You're very funny. As Muhsin said: As a sensible question next time. And am her to answer you.

Thou hypocrite . . . we were discussing the relevance of "Christ" to islam. You fled from the thread remember?
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Suhaibu(m): 6:14pm On Mar 10, 2010
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! you're really funny. Davidlyn I guess you are a debater are you?
I didn't run from that topic. I answered every question pertaining to the topic.

So wat's your question tonight? I like sharing ideas with you.
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 10, 2010
Suhaibu:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! you're really funny. Davidlyn I guess you are a debater are you?
I didn't run from that topic. I answered every question pertaining to the topic.

So wat's your question tonight? I like sharing ideas with you.

you didnt . . . this is the thread in question just in case you developed selective amnesia - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-410594.32.html

What is the term "Christ" doing in the quran? What is its relevance to islam?
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Suhaibu(m): 6:31pm On Mar 10, 2010
How many times do you want me answer this?
I told you we have nothing to do with the word "Christ". We call Jesus "Maseeh" same meaning (Anointed) as Hebrew word Messiah.

In the English translation of the Holy Quran though, the word "Maseeh" is translated as "Christ". Reason: because the Westerner, translated the word to "Christ". So for purpose of understanding we use the word in appealing to Western language.

is that clear Sir?
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 10, 2010
Suhaibu:

How many times do you want me answer this?
I told you we have nothing to do with the word "Christ". We call Jesus "Maseeh" same meaning (Anointed) as Hebrew word Messiah.

You're just going round in cycles . . . the term "Christ" and "Messiah" mean the very same thing. What is the relevance of the term "Messiah" in islam? did allah promise you a "messiah"?
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Suhaibu(m): 7:01pm On Mar 10, 2010
It's just a title.
Just as Abraham= friend of God
So is Jesus,= Messiah

What is your problem?
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Nobody: 7:09pm On Mar 10, 2010
Suhaibu:

It's just a title.

That is NOT true. No one else was called a "Messiah" either in the bible or quran which means this "title" was extra special and meant something. Calling someone "the anointed one" is more than a mere title . . . considering Christ was ACTUALLY anointed specially by God after His baptism at Jordan.

Now WHY is the term "Messiah" found in a quran that does not recognise "anointing"?

Suhaibu:

Just as Abraham= friend of God

That is the hebrew meaning. Actually the term "friend of God" is meaningless and sacrilegious in islam. According to the quran, everyone is a SLAVE of allah . . . thus to call Abraham his "friend" is totally incoherent.

Suhaibu:

So is Jesus,= Messiah

What is your problem?

My problem is two-fold . . .

1. you know what "messiah" means.

2. however you also know that its presence in the quran is completely at variance with what the quran claims.

3. It is clear that this is just one example of how the quran steals jewish and christian heritage with no concept of the truth behind such heritage.

Saying Jesus = Messiah is no different from Abraham = friend of God . . . is flatly wrong and indicative of how inconsistent islam is. Go to any jew out there and ask him who the Messiah is.
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by viaro: 9:21pm On Mar 10, 2010
Suhaibu:

It's just a title.

davidylan:

That is NOT true. No one else was called a "Messiah" either in the bible or quran which means this "title" was extra special and meant something.

Hi davidylan, that up there ^^ may need a little balance. I don't know much about what Islam teaches (other than secondhand sources here and there), but I reckon we cannot say that no one else was called or referred to as 'Messiah' in the Bible (I don't know about the Quran since I have not completed my reading of the English translation at this time).

The term 'Messiah' might be derived from the Hebrew equivalent transliteration of משׁיח (mâshıyach), and is used in reference to priests (Lev. 4:3 & 5 - "the priest that is annointed"wink, and to kings (2 Sam. 1:16 - "the LORD'S anointed" in reference to king Saul).

However, (and this is important), I would agree with you that as regards prophetic declarations about God's divine 'prophet-priest-king', no one else in Scripture is specifically called 'Messiah' than Jesus Christ Himself. It is in that sense, I suppose, that the prophets specifically addressed the prophecied Christ (1 Sam. 2:10 and Daniel 9:25-26).

Now, my wonder is this: if 'Messiah' is only a title and nothing else in Islam, why is there no other prophet or holy messenger of Allah (than Jesus) who is ever called by the same term, 'Messiah', in the Quran? Even though I have not completed my reading of the Quran, it does not appear that any other particular figure is addressed by that 'title'.

In fact, the Quran does not refer to 'Messiah' as a 'title' - rather, it says that 'Messiah' is a NAME of Mary's Son, the very name by which Jesus is to be known in the Islamic world! For example, Quran 3:38 says "O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose NAME is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary" - which indicates that 'Messiah' (or 'Christ') in Islam is more than a 'title'.

From where then is this Suhaibu chap getting his drone about Messiah being 'just a title'?  grin

Yet, as I said earlier, it does not appear that any other particular figure is addressed by that 'title' in the Quran. That is to say, outside of the Quran, Muslims give that same title of 'Messiah' to the antichrist. I once asked my Muslim friend why they (Muslims) also refer to the antichrist as 'Messiah', but I was not given a coherent answer. Yet, the dilemma is remarkable - for the hadiths indeed refer to the antichrist in Islam as 'the Messiah' as well. Example -

[list]Sahih Buhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 128:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "I saw myself (in a dream) near the Ka'ba last night, and I saw a man with whitish red complexion, the best you may see amongst men of that complexion having long hair reaching his earlobes which was the best hair of its sort, and he had combed his hair and water was dropping from it, and he was performing the Tawaf around the Ka'ba while he was leaning on two men or on the shoulders of two men. I asked, 'Who is this man?' Somebody replied, '(He is) Messiah, son of Mary.'

Then I saw another man with very curly hair, blind in the right eye which looked like a protruding out grape. I asked, 'Who is this?' Somebody replied, '(He is) Messiah, Ad-Dajjal.'"[/list]

So which is which, Suhaibu?
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 10, 2010
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

thanks viaro! I didnt even know that "messiah" was a NAME for Jesus (and the antichrist at the same time shocked) IN THE QURAN!

Suhaibu where are you?  grin
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by viaro: 11:14pm On Mar 10, 2010
davidylan:

thanks viaro! I didnt even know that "messiah" was a NAME for Jesus (and the antichrist at the same time shocked) IN THE QURAN!

Yes, in the Quran, 'Messiah' is actually a NAME (and not a 'title') of Jesus. wink

Suhaibu where are you?  grin

Infact, I just took another look at the OP and wonder why many Muslims often have difficulty composing simple statement without twisting their original intended meaning. Like this one from the same Suhaibu:

Suhaibu:
Christianity holds the believe that God is the true image of Man. The Bible quotes as saying: “Let us make Man in to our image” {Genesis 1:26}.

Dude, it's the other way round, thank you very much! Instead of "God is the true image of Man", the Bible states that man was created in the image of God.

The first twist in your statement {"God is the true image of man"} is dubious - I don't know where you got it from; but Christians do not hold that idea. It is called reductionism, and if you had paid a little more attention to the verse you cited (Genesis 1:26) it would not be difficult to spot the difference.

However, it is also known that Islam teaches the same thing about Adam being in the image of Allah, no? For instance, at least two references in Sahih Muslim hadith (S.M.) say that ~

(a)  Allah created Adam in His own image with His length of sixty cubits
          [S.M., Book 40, Number 6809]

(b)  When any one of you fights with his brother, he should avoid his face
           for Allah created Adam in His own image [S.M., Book 32, Number 6325]

The first time I read the hadith at (a) above, I wondered if the Allah of Islam was only sixty feet in cubits. Taking for granted that may not be the case, I still wondered if Islam has compared their Allah with any thing in creation. Okay, I know my Muslim friend yaps on and on that Allah cannot be compared to anything at all, etc., etc., etc. No worries - but the more I read the more I found that certain points are conveniently circumvented.

Suhaibu, I guess even you should not be able to duck the fact that the Allah of Islam is many times compared to what he is said to have created, no? Apart from the ones cited above that Allah created Adam in his own image (sixty cubits more or less), what about those other established teaching in Islam where Muhammad is said to be some of Allah's anthropomorphic particulars? No, I'm not kidding - so let me quote you partly from Sahih Bukhari, book 76, Number 509::

[list]. . . My slave keeps on coming closer to Me through performing Nawafil (praying or doing extra deeds besides what is obligatory) till I love him, so I become his sense of hearing with which he hears, and his sense of sight with which he sees, and his hand with which he grips, and his leg with which he walks; and if he asks Me, I will give him, and if he asks My protection (Refuge), I will protect him; (i.e. give him My Refuge) and I do not hesitate to do anything as I hesitate to take the soul of the believer, for he hates death, and I hate to disappoint him.[/list]

Now, Suhaibu, you may have a problem with the Bible declaring that Adam was made in the image of God (Gen. 1:26-27); but why is that despite Muslims claiming not to compare the Allah of Islam to anything, yet he is the same one declaring that he becomes the hands and legs of one of his slaves? What did your Allah see that he wants to transform himself into the hands and legs of his slaves? undecided

Suhaibu:

In Christianity, the Christians believe that God reveals Himself.
In Islam, the Muslims believe that God reveals His Will.

Well said. That is why I'm not surprised that anything goes in Islam - your Allah seems only to reveal himself as the hands and legs of his slaves, so how do you expect to know anything about him/it?
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Suhaibu(m): 2:01am On Mar 11, 2010
Am back right here. I've seen many red-herrings and straw man fallacy.

To begin with, in Quran Messiah is referred to Jesus but it is not his real name it's his title. Esa is the name of Jesus in Quran and in everywhere.
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Nobody: 2:02am On Mar 11, 2010
Suhaibu:

To begin with, in Quran Messiah is referred to Jesus but it is not his real name it's his title. Esa is the name of Jesus in Quran and in everywhere.

did you even bother to intelligently refute Viaro's facts?
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Suhaibu(m): 2:54am On Mar 11, 2010
Another hot-steam-blind Christian: You're welcome!

To begin with, Masih-al-Dijjal is not contradicting Masih-Esa (Peace be upon him).

The word Dijjal is a common Arabic word meaning "deceiving" with the definite article refers to the "Deceiving Messiah"

Since Jesus is coming at the end of the world to destroy the false Messiah ( Dijjal/anti-Christ); and since the false Messiah is also coming at the end of the world, that is why Islam beautifully contrast the two calling the later the "Decieving Messiah" (Masih al Dijjal).

I think every one with an elementary knowledge of Arabic knows that. Stop attacking straw man!

*Nowhere is Adam mentioned as being the image of God. Do you know what we call the chains of narration of Hadith? is that hadith authentic? I want answers to these false accusation.

Learn the basic Arabic before debating me,
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by viaro: 7:40am On Mar 11, 2010
@Suhaibu,

Suhaibu:

Oh school up, dude. You don't even know the meaning of 'straw man fallacy' before using the term.

Don't make me laugh. Your Quran does not say it is a 'title' but rather His Name, unless you want to deceive yourself by denying what your quran says. It doesn't matter anyways, for we know that Muslims are ready to temporarily lie to anybody through al-taqiyya.

If it merely says that the Word shall be called Messiah, then we might have taken it for granted and supposed it was a 'title'. But all the English translations of the Quran that are available to me declare that it was 'Messiah' that is His NAME rather than a 'title'. Only embarrassed Muslims today are now saying your Quran was wrong by saying it was His 'name', and should have been a 'title' instead.

Suhaibu:

To begin with, Masih-al-Dijjal is not contradicting Masih-Esa (Peace be upon him).

The word Dijjal is a common Arabic word meaning "deceiving" with the definite article refers to the "Deceiving Messiah"

First above all, please go and learn your arabic thoroughly. It was not 'Dijjal' I quoted but 'Dajjal'. Second, it was not 'Masih-al-Dijjal' that your Islamic sources call it, but rather 'Messiah, Ad-Dajjal'. Is the article 'al' or 'ad'? Do you mind taking care to not confuse yourself on your own assertions?

Certainly, there are quite a few variations by which your second messiah is called, including -

[list][li]Ad-dajjal[/li]
[li]Al-Masih Ad-dajjal[/li]
[li]the Dajjal[/li][/list]

Most often he is called simply 'Ad-dajjal' or 'the Dajjal', and in some translations of hadiths he is called 'antichrist' - which should have been sufficient if the sense to be conveyed was merely a figure who is 'the deceiver'. How Islamic theology adds 'Masih' (or 'Messiah') to the appellation of 'Dijjal' makes one wonder what kind of Messiah Muslims are looking for. If it was simply a question of 'Ad-dijjal' as 'the Deceiver' that was meant, what need then was there to have added 'Masih' ('Messiah') to his title - what role does he play as the Muslim 'messiah'?

But the remarkable thing is that since the whole subject of the antichrist or ad-dajjal is so important to the Muslim world, why is the Quran so silent about the Dajjal? Although I've not completed reading through the Quran, but even after asking Muslims, none of them is able to show me any verse in Allah's book that mentions Ad-dajjal or the antichrist! Why is that so? Did your Islamic Allah completely forget all about the 'Dajjal'?

Since Jesus is coming at the end of the world to destroy the false Messiah ( Dijjal/anti-Christ); and since the false Messiah is also coming at the end of the world, that is why Islam beautifully contrast the two calling the later the "Decieving Messiah" (Masih al Dijjal).

Where do you find such a contrast in your Quran? You sound like one of those muslims who conveniently takes sides with the quran when it suits them, and then deny the hadiths when it helps their al-taqiyya. So please quote me the Quran where your allah "beautifully contrasts" between your two messiahs.

I think every one with an elementary knowledge of Arabic knows that. Stop attacking straw man!

Dude, you already built a double straw man - first by your "al-dijjal" (instead of 'ad-dajjal'), and then by "beautifully contrasting" what is not in your Quran. Your arabic is neither here nor there, so what are you on about?
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by viaro: 7:42am On Mar 11, 2010
Suhaibu:
*Nowhere is Adam mentioned as being the image of God. Do you know what we call the chains of narration of Hadith? is that hadith authentic? I want answers to these false accusation.

What do you call a 'sahih hadith' in Islam? I checked up the meaning and got this -

[list]From a online Islamic-Dictionary:

Sahih
Meaning: Sound/correct/authentic. Used mainly to refer to hadiths and/or the books they were written in.
True Form: صحيح 
Grammar: word;
Explanation: The most famous sahih books are Sahih by Bukhari, and Sahih by Muslim. There are 6 recognised sahih books collectivly known as the sihah sitah (six sahihs). These books contain narrations of what Prophet Muhammed (SAW) did or said as well as other details.[/list]

[list]Islamic-Awareness classifies the hadiths this way:

The final verdict on a hadith, i.e. Sahih (sound), Hasan (good), Da`if (weak) or Maudu` (fabricated, forged), depends critically on this factor.[/list]

Now, it is obvious that the Islamic teaching that Adam is in the image of Allah is taken directly from the SAHIH hadith of Sahih Muslim - it was not from a 'maudu' (fabricated, forged) hadith that I cited, but rather from the 'authentic' Sahih Muslim hadith. Here is my previous reply again -

[list]
viaro:
However, it is also known that Islam teaches the same thing about Adam being in the image of Allah, no? For instance, at least two references in [size=14pt]Sahih Muslim[/size] hadith (S.M.) say that ~

for Allah created Adam in His own image [S.M., Book 32, Number 6325]
[/list]

Are you still denying the plain fact? Please go and learn the meaning of "sahih" before you come back to be schooled up again on your religion by a non-muslim.

Suhaibu:
Learn the basic Arabic before debating me,

I won't bother - as can be seen, you don't have any Arabic in you before confusing yourself here.
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Suhaibu(m): 1:30pm On Mar 11, 2010
@Viaro. Quran is not a book of history nor book of stories unlike bible where certain stories (most of them false) and erroneous genealogy of a Man, Jesus that has no genealogy (Luke 3:23-38; Matthew 1:1-17) and pornography also in the bible (Ezekiel 23:1-49) among others.

al Masih Dajjal or whatever the spelling might be (Dijjal/ Dujjal) denoting one single thing: "The Decieving Messiah). Quran did not mentioned Dajjal because:

He is so beneath contempt that he did not deserve a mention in the word of God (SWT). So it was left to the Prophet (PBUH) to warn the human race about the up and comming fitna. There are reams of ahadith which relate to Dajjal. And as I remember alot of them actually give a physical description, ie. black curly hair, strongly built. This would lend credence to the fact that the Dajjal may actually be a man (not just a system). Of course the system preceding the emmergence of Dajjal, would have to significantly weaken the spiritual resolve of humanity - so that the evil in all men could be then exploited to its full - so (as Shiekh Imran Hossein says) perhaps Dajjal is behind the scenes and is waiting to make his apperance. And, of course Allah (SWT) knows best.

The second is that it is a moot point to mention him, because if you follow the majestic Quran and the excellent example of the Prophet (PBUH), then the Dajjal's power will not be able to effect you anyway. It is said in the Hadith, that all rightly guided peoples on the earth at the time of Dajjal, will be able to see the word "kafr" clearly written on the forehead of the Dajjal. Also, the Prophet (PBUH) said that if anyone is confronted by Dajjal, then they should recite the first 10 verses of Surat Al-Kaf (The Cave), and Dajjal will be powerless against them.

It's funny how this Christian puppet are making false allegation about the religion of Jesus. O' Yes! Islam is the religion of Jesus.
You Dajjal!
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by viaro: 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2010
Suhaibu:

@Viaro. Quran is not a book of history nor book of stories unlike bible where certain stories (most of them false) and erroneous genealogy of a Man, Jesus that has no genealogy (Luke 3:23-38; Matthew 1:1-17) and indecency also in the bible (Ezekiel 23:1-49) among others.

Suhaibu, I don't think this is a place or time to display your vast ignorance about the Bible. Of course, Quran has no history you can talk about. And if you want to talk about the Quran and its fanciful web of tall tales, where is the evidence for allah's "seven earths" (Quran 65:12)? Talk about genealogy, why was Muhammad and allah equating Mary the mother of Jesus to the same person as Aaron's sister (Quran 66:12)? On the question of indecency, who was the Arab prophet that was devouring a minor at the tender age of 9 years old? (Hint: Aisha is her name - mark, her 'name', not 'title').

When you are faced with certain issues you can't deal with, you try to muddy the waters by all desperate means of deriding Christians and the Bible. Well done - are you not the same chap in the OP of this thread who said "it is not the purpose of this piece to insult or mock any religion"? And you can't wait now to jump at the slightest opportunity to do that very same thing? Some of you Muslims are no surprises, you know?

al Masih D[b]a[/b]jjal or whatever the spelling might be (D[b]i[/b]jjal/ D[b]u[/b]jjal) denoting one single thing: "The Decieving Messiah).

Oh please, focus! All the muslims I ever asked about 'd[b]a[/b]jjal' laughed at the idea of your spelling it as 'd[b]i[/b]jjal' ... only for you to return now with another one: d[b]u[/b]jjal. Nice. Next we know, you will also spell it 'd[b]e[/b]jjal' (more like dettol) or 'd[b]y[/b]jjal', or 'd[b]o[/b]jjal', or even 'd[b]@[/b]jjal' if it helps your al-taqiyya. Go on ... use up all the English vowels (a, e, i, o, u, and sometimes y) to confuse yourself on your second 'messiah' - it's your loss, not mine. grin

Quran did not mentioned Dajjal because:

He is so beneath contempt that he did not deserve a mention in the word of God (SWT).

Oh puhleease!! Where did your Ilah tell you so in the Quran? grin
What a wonderful and magical excuse!

If 'dajjal' was beneath contempt as reason for why your allah could not mention him, was it 'Iblis' (the very same shaitan or Satan) that your Allah could find more palatable to mention in the Quran? Between Iblis and 'dajjal', who should be more contemptible?

And oh, there are far more contemptible things mentioned in the Quran than worrying over Iblis, dajjal, dujjal, or dojjal ... or whatever. I don't see where your Allah explains his lack of recognisance on the subject of your second messiah 'dajjal' on the excuse of whether or not it was 'beneath contempt' - you're just singing your soprano here.

So it was left to the Prophet (PBUH) to warn the human race about the up and comming fitna.

Okay, so your Allah could not remember to remind his slaves of the Islamic religion - so it was up to Muhammad to fill in the gaps. How interesting. Problem is, there are far too many tales that Muhammad told about your 'dajjal' that even Muslims are at a loss to explicate. Wanna try some? cool

There are reams of ahadith which relate to Dajjal. And as I remember alot of them actually give a physical description, ie. black curly hair, strongly built. This would lend credence to the fact that the Dajjal may actually be a man (not just a system). Of course the system preceding the emmergence of Dajjal, would have to significantly weaken the spiritual resolve of humanity - so that the evil in all men could be then exploited to its full - so (as Shiekh Imran Hossein says) perhaps Dajjal is behind the scenes and is waiting to make his apperance. And, of course Allah (SWT) knows best.

Please don't amuse yourself - Allah does not know anything about what he did not mention on the 'dajjal'. So the acappella sung by any one of your shiekhs/sheiks does not count at all. The probability of "perhaps" being behind the scenes falls flat on its face if we have to consider that Muhammad's prophecy on the 'dajjal' has categorically failed. I should not be schooling you up on these matters, unless you are one of those muslims too eager to listen to the blarring of the PAS without reading your own Quran or hadiths.

The second is that it is a moot point to mention him, because if you follow the majestic Quran and the excellent example of the Prophet (PBUH), then the Dajjal's power will not be able to effect you anyway.

So, which one of the "excellent examples" of Muhammad should we follow - because as it is, I can't take a 9 year old to bed for one; nor am I prepared to mount 30 women in a day! No, on a serious note, which one of those examples should we follow? undecided
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by viaro: 3:03pm On Mar 11, 2010
It is said in the Hadith, that all rightly guided peoples on the earth at the time of Dajjal, will be able to see the word "kafr" clearly written on the forehead of the Dajjal. Also, the Prophet (PBUH) said that if anyone is confronted by Dajjal, then they should recite the first 10 verses of Surat Al-Kaf (The Cave), and Dajjal will be powerless against them.

Hahaha. . . !! Tall tales. grin Which Muslim can be 'rightly guided' by Allah when the same Allah has promised to send Muslims to hell fire by an irrevocable decree? Dude, I'm not being funny here, but you should not have tried to compare between these worldviews: "Christianity vs Islam" - there's just no reason to do so.

If I were you, I would not pay any attention to that second 'messiah' of Islam - the 'Messiah, ad-dajjal'. Whatever you Muslims think, reciting a couple of verses of any caves to the one-eyed klunk would only make a blockbuster success for his career. Since Allah did not mention anything about any 'dajjal', is it Muhammad that should know more than your Allah whom you say 'knows best'?

It's funny how this Christian puppet are making false allegation about the religion of Jesus. O' Yes! Islam is the religion of Jesus.
You Dajjal!

Steady on, now ... where are the false allegations I have made in my replies? I have buttressed my points with clear verses both from your Quran and hadiths - the SAHIH hadiths; Adam is said to be created in Allah's image (sixty cubits, said he); Allah is the hands and legs of his slaves (sahih Muslim hadiths); and the fact that you're a confused fellow with minimal Arabic who confuses between 'dajjal' and 'dijjal' and now 'dujjal'. Just where are the false allegations in all this?

Just crawl back to your desert yard - I made the mistake of taking you seriously initially; but I'd have to give you credit for your al-taqiyya ... which didn't help that much this time again - so better try next time, no?
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Suhaibu(m): 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2010
I though you know Islam. But you don't know that Hadeeth compliment Quran?
What are the sources of Shariah?
Answer me Please,

And you are absolutely correct: "no comparison between Christianity and Islam".
As Islam worship THE CREATOR (GOD AND ONLY) while the Christians worship THE CREATION (Jesus and some other gods in TRINITY).
Bravo! for that.

Christianity is a pagan religion it is not a monotheistic, Abrahamic religion.
Deal with that,
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by viaro: 4:23pm On Mar 11, 2010
Was that ^^^ all you have for your dajjal, dijjal, dujjal, etc? What happened to Allah becoming the hands and legs of his slaves? And Adam being created in Allah's image (sixty cubits)? Dude, your drama is beginning to thin out quicker than I'd expected.

Suhaibu:

I though you know Islam. But you don't know that Hadeeth compliment Quran?
What are the sources of Shariah?
Answer me Please,

Did I ever claim to know Islam or even be a Muslim? I guess you never read before rushing to click on the 'reply' botton. At least, even as a non-Muslim, I was able to see through your confusion between 'dajjal/dijjal/dujjal' etc. It is now you're hooting for the hadeeth to compliment the Quran - where were you when I cited the sahih hadiths for the points I raised in my previous replies? And where did your Allah ever ask you muslims to turn to the hadiths (whether sahih or maudu) to compliment his own quran? Would that not be admitting that your Quran was afterall not sufficient for all your drama wrapped up as 'Islam'? You often like to sing this lullaby of things which you can't show from your own Quran. Shame.

And you are absolutely correct: "no comparison between Christianity and Islam".

Good - you should have carefully thought about that before you came here to spew your garboil. Now save yourself the rest and crawl back to your desert.

As Islam worship THE CREATOR (GOD AND ONLY) while the Christians worship THE CREATION (Jesus and some other gods in TRINITY).
Bravo! for that.

Lol, we all know that the allah of Islam is a created entity - was he not the same one that was busy declaring that he would become the hands and legs of his slaves? I notice you never want to comment on that same point that is most expressly declared in your sahih hadiths (hint: you can't deny them as they are "sahih"wink. Of all things to become, it is the hands and legs of his slaves - the same slaves he has promised to send to hell fire by an irrevocable decree, no? grin

Christianity is a pagan religion it is not a monotheistic, Abrahamic religion.
Deal with that,

Yawn. I've heard that one so many times your soprano is now a cackle. At least, your own Allah in the Quran acknowledges that Christians are more intelligent than you lot put together (Quran 5:82 - the Quran says among Christians you will find there are men devoted to learning and men who have renounced the world, and they are not arrogant) - you can live with that as well, no? grin
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Suhaibu(m): 4:43pm On Mar 11, 2010
You are arrogant of the hadith you are quoting. Now let me address the issues.
This hadeeth is proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), in which he said: “If any one of you strikes (another), let him avoid the face, for Allaah created Adam in His image.” According to another version: “In the image of the Most Merciful.” This does not imply resemblance or likeness.

What is meant, according to the scholars, is that Allaah created Adam with the ability to hear and see, and to speak when he wants. These are also attributes of Allaah, for He is All-Hearing, All-Seeing, and He speaks when He wants, and He has a Face, may He be glorified and exalted.

But it does not mean that there is any resemblance or likeness. Rather the image of Allaah is different from that of created beings. What is meant is that He is All-Hearing, All-Seeing, and He speaks when He wants, and He created Adam also able to hear and see, with a face and hands and feet. But man’s hearing is not like Allaah’s hearing, his seeing is not like Allaah’s seeing, his speaking is not like Allaah’s speaking. Rather Allaah has attributes that befit His majesty and might, and man has attributes that befit him, attributes that are finite and imperfect, whereas the attributes of Allaah are perfect, with no shortcomings, infinite and without end. Hence Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“There is nothing like Him, and He is the All‑Hearer, the All‑Seer”

[al-Shoora 42:11]

“And there is none co‑equal or comparable unto Him”

[al-Ikhlaas 112:4]

So it is not permissible to strike the face or say “May Allaah deform your face”.

End quote. Majmoo’ Fataawa al-Shaykh, 4/226

Another thing that will help to explain the meaning of this hadeeth is the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “The first group to enter Paradise will be in the image of the moon” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3245; Muslim, 2834.” What the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) meant here is that the first group will be in human form, but because of their purity, beauty and brightness of face they will look like the moon, so they are likened to the moon, but without resembling it. So just because a thing is said to be in the image of a thing it does not mean that it is like it in all aspects.

The Prophet’s words, “Adam was created in His image” means that Allaah created Adam in His image, for He has a face, an eye, a hand, and a foot, and Adam had a face, an eye, a hand, and a foot… but that does not mean that these things are exactly the same. There is some similarity, but it is not exactly the same. Similarly the first group to enter Paradise are likened to the moon, but they are not exactly the same. This confirms the view of Ahl al-Sunnah wa'l-Jamaa'ah, who say that none of the attributes of Allaah can be likened to the attributes of created beings, without distorting or misinterpreting, or discussing how or likening Him to His creation.

The verse you quoted is right. Of course among Christians there are good and sincere men that aren arrogant. That is why we have high number of converts. If you look in Europe, the growing number of Christians revert, you will be overwhelmed.
Quran is so right in every side. I hope you are not among the arrogant ones.

That is why Quran is a complete book that touches not only Muslims but all Mankind; covering all generation.
What number of people do bible cover? some 2.1 billion only?
incomplete memoir.

Pretty enough.
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by viaro: 5:31pm On Mar 11, 2010
Suhaibu:

You are arrogant of the hadith you are quoting.

Do you know the meaning of "arrogant"? How could I be 'arrogant of' something I quoted, please tell me? I wonder where you guys just get your cheap education from these days.

Now let me address the issues.
This hadeeth is proven from the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), in which he said: “If any one of you strikes (another), let him avoid the face, for Allaah created Adam in His image.” According to another version: “In the image of the Most Merciful.” This does not imply resemblance or likeness.

So, in what sense does that substantially deviate from the same points I made in citing both Sahih Muslim verses as earlier - quoted again below:

viaro:
. . . at least two references in Sahih Muslim hadith (S.M.) say that ~

(a) Allah created Adam in His own image with His length of sixty cubits

(b) When any one of you fights with his brother, he should avoid his face
for Allah created Adam in His own image
[S.M., Book 32, Number 6325]

So, in what way did my citations differ from the very same thing you tried to quote and yet left no references? Other than that, I don't see how you have refuted the point I made - because you are the very person in this thread who categorically DENIED the fact when you stated --
[list]
Suhaibu:

[/list]

I then answered your fallacious and categorical denial on that very fact, by pointing you to the authenticity of the SAHIH hadith cited from Sahih Muslim.

You only just returned here to swallow your hogwash and then post me a cosmetic from some muslim trying his very best to impress his low IQ on some tafsir sliced up here and there. Instead of pretending that you're the 'scholar' trying to explain the contrivance about Adam being in Allah's image, why don't you respectfully leave us the link from where you stole it? Have you heard of the word plagiarism before? That apprentice 'tafsir' you dribbled in here has been recycled too many times on so many Muslim websites - just two would do for example:

(a) hidayahnet:
'Allah created Adam[a.s] in His own image'

(b) Gypsy Scholar:
'Mankind made in the image of Allah?'

Next time you want to steal quotes and pretend it is your own scholarship, look left and right before you cross the road - most of the people on Nairaland will smart you up on your celebrated plagiarism.

The verse you quoted is right. Of course among Christians there are good and sincere men that aren arrogant. That is why we have high number of converts. If you look in Europe, the growing number of Christians revert, you will be overwhelmed.

Lol, dude - we know what is happening in Europe. Muslims are only increasing on account of immigration and not large conversions. Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia:

[list]Other analysts are skeptical about the given forecast and the accuracy of the claimed Muslim population growth, since sharp decrease in Muslim fertility rates[24] and the limiting of immigrants coming in to Europe, which will lead to Muslim population increasing slowly in the coming years to eventually stagnation and decline. Others point to overestimated number and exaggeration of the Muslim growth rate[/list]

For an analysis of this exaggerated Muslim claims, see Islam: Truth or Myth?

In all this, you're swung now from Allah creating Adam in his own image, and from your dijjal/dujjal, to an unrelated subject: exaggerated Muslim claims of growth in Europe. Well done. I just notice that anytime you're whipped on your own claims, you desperate appeal to something else - especially when you have to plagiarise articles so to fill pages and appear 'scholarly'. I doff my hat. grin

Quran is so right in every side. I hope you are not among the arrogant ones.

Please show me how Quran can be right in claiming that Allah created "seven earths" (Quran 65:12). That one, I want to know.

That is why Quran is a complete book that touches not only Muslims but all Mankind; covering all generation.

Please stop making noise. Quran is an incomplete book - that is why you guys will not find any 'dajjal/dijjal/dujjal' in the Quran and have to scuttle round looking to any number of hadeeths to fill the gap. Where in the Quran do you read that Allah created Adam in sixty cubits? Complete - NOT! grin

What number of people do bible cover? some 2.1 billion only?
incomplete memoir.

And you Muslims are busy plagiarizing the Bible for your less number distributed among your Muslim goons looking for 72 virgins, no?

Pretty enough.

Thanks - now you can sob. Heavily. grin
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Suhaibu(m): 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2010
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I didn't know that this rat didn't know the meaning of REFERENCE and CITATION.

I made it clear that Adam's creation is not as literally as it is in God rather the likeness in attribute like seeing and hearing but that which befit Adam (attributes that are finite and imperfect) in contrast with God's attributes (that are finite and imperfect).

The way you don't see things even when they are clear reminds me of a verse in THE NOBLE QURAN:

"Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path)" (2:18).

And Jesus:

"Are ye also yet without understanding?" Mat 15:16.

The image in the bible is so literal and down to earth where the God himself supposedly said the bible:

"Let's make Man in to our image" Genesis 1:26.

I don't know your denomination but most of the Christians as a result of this verse they believe that god became man; that is i form of Jesus.
Do you believe he (Jesus) is God?

*You don't know anything happening in Europe if you are denying the conversion of Christianity in to Islam.
See this:

http://rupeenews.com/2008/07/21/growing-muslims-in-europe-50000-brits-convert-every-year/ and this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Europe

Answer me before I answer your question about the creation of earth.
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by viaro: 7:30pm On Mar 11, 2010
Suhaibu:

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I didn't know that this rat didn't know the meaning of REFERENCE and CITATION.

How have you demonstrated the meaning of either terms? I wasn't expecting you'd be reasonable - unstable posters often exclaim the way you do and yet show nothing.

I made it clear that Adam's creation is not as literally as it is in God rather the likeness in attribute like seeing and hearing but that which befit Adam (attributes that are finite and imperfect) in contrast with God's attributes (that are finite and imperfect).

Did you read me anywhere saying that it was a "literal" interpretation? Please show me where I used the word "literal"? The one thing I said on your quoting Genesis 1:26 was this:

[list]
viaro:

However, it is also known that Islam teaches the same thing about Adam being in the image of Allah, no? For instance, at least two references in Sahih Muslim hadith (S.M.) say that ~

for Allah created Adam in His own image
[S.M., Book 32, Number 6325]
[/list]

In that reply, did I use the term "literal" to imply what you are arguing? Thanks for convincing me that you don't have basic education - I made a mistake hoping better for you. It was not only that you DENIED the fact of what is taught in Islam - but where you couldn't deny it further, you turn to twist it on the fallacy of "literalism". The lie is yours, since I did not argue what you want to deceive yourself to make out from my post.

Suhaibu:

The way you don't see things even when they are clear reminds me of a verse in THE NOBLE QURAN:

"Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path)" (2:18).

I was not a Muslim, so the question of "return" is damn illiterate. That is why there still is so much confusion in the Muslim world.

And Jesus:

"Are ye also yet without understanding?" Mat 15:16.

Certainly, that verse should help you think and get some understanding. So far, your denying the same thing that you only returned to twist shows how far gone from 'understanding' you are.

The image in the bible is so literal and down to earth where the God himself supposedly said the bible:

"Let's make Man in to our image" Genesis 1:26.

You're a dunce! grin  You want to make it literal by force, because your al-taquiyya no longer helps you deny what your hadeeths were saying. At least, the Genesis 1:26 which you quote does not talk about "sixty cubits" that Muhammad was busy deceiving you guys with.

I don't know your denomination but most of the Christians as a result of this verse they believe that god became man; that is i form of Jesus.
Do you believe he (Jesus) is God?

Haha . . . now you're a confirmed dolt or altogether a cheap liar. The Incarnation is not predicated on Genesis 1:26 - no wonder you have been falling all over yourself to both lie, deny what your hadiths say, and then return to fill the gaps for your allah. Please go back to school and school up.

*You don't know anything happening in Europe if you are denying the conversion of Christianity in to Islam.
See this:

http://rupeenews.com/2008/07/21/growing-muslims-in-europe-50000-brits-convert-every-year/ and this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Europe

Answer me before I answer your question about the creation of earth.

I have shown you the analysis of what exactly is happening in Europe about the exaggerated claims of Muslims with their al-taqiyya. So, what's news about you returning again with the same exaggerations?

Let me show you the sort of exaggeration that Muslims make - in the first link (rupeenews), someone by the name of 'Moin Ansari' alleges that the British Home Secretary Jack Smith "even suggested setting up an Islamic University in Britain given the overwhelming population of the Muslims in that country." Now, please show us a source for this claim which Ansari dubiously hangs on the neck of Jack Smith - where did the Home Secretary make such a suggestion?

Besides, it was easy to spot the obvious LIE in that article - because the British Home Secretary in 2008 was Jacqui Smith (not "Jack Smith"wink. Please educate yourself by checking up with Wikipedia to see the list of Home Secretaries since 2001. No responsible news correspondent with any reputable news agency would have made such a blunder, dude! This is how you shameless Muslims go about deceiving and lying to yourselves all over the place. grin

Please go round again and steal more lies from Muslim goons - they are all over the place. As many as you steal them to wave in our faces, viaro will help expose your shameless, barefaced duplicity!
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 11, 2010
This is an expose on allah's love for falsehood. He taught his slaves quite well.

Is it any surprise that the same bible says the devil is a liar and FATHER of all liars? grin
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by mustang44: 2:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
Suhaibu: @Viaro. Quran is not a book of history nor book of stories unlike bible where certain stories (most of them false) and erroneous genealogy of a Man, Jesus that has no genealogy (Luke 3:23-38; Matthew 1:1-17) and pornography also in the bible (Ezekiel 23:1-49) among others.

al Masih Dajjal or whatever the spelling might be (Dijjal/ Dujjal) denoting one single thing: "The Decieving Messiah). Quran did not mentioned Dajjal because:

He is so beneath contempt that he did not deserve a mention in the word of God (SWT). So it was left to the Prophet (PBUH) to warn the human race about the up and comming fitna. There are reams of ahadith which relate to Dajjal. And as I remember alot of them actually give a physical description, ie. black curly hair, strongly built. This would lend credence to the fact that the Dajjal may actually be a man (not just a system). Of course the system preceding the emmergence of Dajjal, would have to significantly weaken the spiritual resolve of humanity - so that the evil in all men could be then exploited to its full - so (as Shiekh Imran Hossein says) perhaps Dajjal is behind the scenes and is waiting to make his apperance. And, of course Allah (SWT) knows best.

The second is that it is a moot point to mention him, because if you follow the majestic Quran and the excellent example of the Prophet (PBUH), then the Dajjal's power will not be able to effect you anyway. It is said in the Hadith, that all rightly guided peoples on the earth at the time of Dajjal, will be able to see the word "kafr" clearly written on the forehead of the Dajjal. Also, the Prophet (PBUH) said that if anyone is confronted by Dajjal, then they should recite the first 10 verses of Surat Al-Kaf (The Cave), and Dajjal will be powerless against them.

You Dajjal!

DO NOT BE RIDICULLOS! HOW WAS ISLAM THE RELIGION OF JESUS? JESUS LIVED AND LEFT THIS WORLD BEFORE MUHAMMAD INVENTED ISLAM. MUSLIMS ARE VERY FUNNY PEOPLE, THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE TO SAY WHEN THEY ARE ASKED TO PROVE THAT THE QURAN IS TRUE IS TO SAY THAT THE BIBLE IS CUROPT, THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER THING TO SAY. OR THEY WILL SAY THE CURRENT BIBLE IS NOT ORIGINAL. IF YOU ASK MUSLIMS THE WEAR ABOUT OF THE ORIGINAL BIBLE THE WILL TELL YOU THE JEWS AND CHRISTIANS LOST IT. IF YOU ASK THEM HOW DID THEY KNOW, THEY WILL SAY BECAUSE MUHAMMAD SAID SO. MUSLIM, MAKE UNA STOP TO DEY HALLUCINATE ABEG!
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by mahdino: 10:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
davidylan:

you didnt . . . this is the thread in question just in case you developed selective amnesia - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-410594.32.html

What is the term "Christ" doing in the quran? What is its relevance to islam?
Brother, shuaib has explain to u but u refuse to accept, because of the idealogy u are brought up with. U see christians think that the word masih which was translated to christos and later to christ that is another name for saviour or kind of, totally wrong ,masih or christ simply means annoint or appoint and the word christ was not only use for Jesus in the bible, it was also use for pots and pans. U keep arguing that christ is the name of Jesus in the quran , wrong. Are u telling me because God said he shall be called masih, then that is his name? No. God knows people will call him masih his title that does not mean is a name.
God title Abraham as his friend, title Ishmeal as his sacrifice, title Moses as his voice, title Jesus as his annoit, adam as his selected e.t.c
Re: Christianity V Islam: The Concept Of God by mahdino: 10:11pm On Oct 28, 2013
mustang44: DO NOT BE RIDICULLOS! HOW WAS ISLAM THE RELIGION OF JESUS? JESUS LIVED AND LEFT THIS WORLD BEFORE MUHAMMAD INVENTED ISLAM. MUSLIMS ARE VERY FUNNY PEOPLE, THE ONLY THING THEY HAVE TO SAY WHEN THEY ARE ASKED TO PROVE THAT THE QURAN IS TRUE IS TO SAY THAT THE BIBLE IS CUROPT, THEY DO NOT HAVE ANY OTHER THING TO SAY. OR THEY WILL SAY THE CURRENT BIBLE IS NOT ORIGINAL. IF YOU ASK MUSLIMS THE WEAR ABOUT OF THE ORIGINAL BIBLE THE WILL TELL YOU THE JEWS AND CHRISTIANS LOST IT. IF YOU ASK THEM HOW DID THEY KNOW, THEY WILL SAY BECAUSE MUHAMMAD SAID SO. MUSLIM, MAKE UNA STOP TO DEY HALLUCINATE ABEG!

If anyone of us has a previlage of meeting Moses and u ask him that oh! Great prophet was is the name of ur religion? We know he is not going to say Jew, but will say my religion is the religion of total submission to God's will. One word for submission to God's will in Arabic is Islam

Also if u have a chance of meeting Jesus in his second coming and u ask him oh! Jesus what is the name of ur religion? We know he will not say Christian because a Christian is the of person that say's he is following Christ. So if we ask Christ himself the name of his religion he will say my religion is the religion of total submission to God's will. One word for that in Arabic is Islam

(1) (2) (Reply)

The 5 Richest Pastors In Nigeria / Christ Our Solid Foundation / Prayer And Enthusiasm Brings Favorable Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 173
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.