Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,590 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition (2251 Views)

Win $10,000 In Webnovel 2021 Spirity Awards Spring [Tencent Pictures] / "Scared Scars: A 100 Poetry Collection Vol. 1" Free 100 Copies Giveaway / More Answers From War Of Words Season 7 (slam Poetry Competition) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Divepen1(m): 5:46am On Oct 12, 2017
I saw this competition on Commonwealth's website..

And here it is
* You'll require a code. It is 46620
Keeping in mind the Foundation´s ethos, which is that the word is the tool of coexistence between different cultures, religions and ideologies, the V Edition of competition is open, under the motto:
The Word, bridging the gap between different cultures and religions” . The rules of the competition are as follows:
1. The 5th Edition of the International Prize for Micro-Stories is organized by the César Egido Serrano Foundation.
2. Writers from anywhere in the world may participate.
3. Originals whose theme will be free (two per author, maximum) will be written in any of the following languages: Spanish, English, Arabic or Hebrew.
4. An overall first prize of 20,000 dollars is awarded for the best story in any of the languages authorized in the contest.
5. Three prizes of $ 1,000 each will be awarded for the best stories in each of the other remaining languages admitted in the contest, that are not winners of the main prize.
6. The stories cannot exceed 100 words. They will be sent exclusively by completing the online form that will be found on the website of the Foundation: www.fundacioncesaregidoserrano.com The texts will be original, unpublished in all media (paper, blogs, electronic publications, etc...) and must not been awarded prizes in any other contest. Those who do not meet this condition will be disqualified.
7. The deadline for submission of originals will end at 24h (Spanish peninsular time) of the International Day of the Word as a Bond of Humankind (motto of the Foundation), on November 23rd, 2017.
8. The jury will make a selection of the finalists it deems appropriate. The list of finalist titles will be published on the website of the César Egido Serrano Foundation.
9. The César Egido Serrano Foundation reserves the right to publish the finalist stories.
10. The decision of the jury will be final.
11. The registration in this contest is an agreement in the total acceptance of its rules.
12. Texts that do not comply with any of the rules will be disqualified.
13. While filling your information, a code would asked of you, use 46620

http://writertain.com/2017/10/12/win-20000-in-a-100-word-competition/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by mikeayus(m): 6:13am On Oct 12, 2017
nice
Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by policy12: 6:39am On Oct 12, 2017
$20000 Oyinbo appreciate brain, if na naija na only dose wey dey open their chest and yang dem dey give ds kind money.

2 Likes

Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Sveen: 10:33am On Oct 12, 2017
"The Word, bridging the gap between different cultures and religions" is this the topic or ....?

cc. divepen1
Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by itsandi(m): 2:06pm On Oct 12, 2017
Interesting... Read cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!

1 Like

Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Divepen1(m): 3:03pm On Oct 12, 2017
Sveen:
"The Word, bridging the gap between different cultures and religions" is this the topic or ....?

cc. divepen1
No... That's not the topic...
Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Sveen: 3:49pm On Oct 12, 2017
Divepen1:
No... That's not the topic...
pls what is? cos i don't think it's speculated.
Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Divepen1(m): 4:12pm On Oct 12, 2017
Sveen:
pls what is? cos i don't think it's speculated.
You have the right to write on anything.
Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by MystiqueReine(f): 7:19am On Oct 13, 2017
what are we supposed to put in the ID/passport part
Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Divepen1(m): 8:39am On Oct 13, 2017
MystiqueReine:
what are we supposed to put in the ID/passport part
Not necessary
Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Nobody: 2:52am On Oct 14, 2017
Divepen1:
I saw this competition on Commonwealth's website..

And here it is
* You'll require a code. It is 46620
Keeping in mind the Foundation´s ethos, which is that the word is the tool of coexistence between different cultures, religions and ideologies, the V Edition of competition is open, under the motto:
The Word, bridging the gap between different cultures and religions” . The rules of the competition are as follows:
1. The 5th Edition of the International Prize for Micro-Stories is organized by the César Egido Serrano Foundation.
2. Writers from anywhere in the world may participate.
3. Originals whose theme will be free (two per author, maximum) will be written in any of the following languages: Spanish, English, Arabic or Hebrew.
4. An overall first prize of 20,000 dollars is awarded for the best story in any of the languages authorized in the contest.
5. Three prizes of $ 1,000 each will be awarded for the best stories in each of the other remaining languages admitted in the contest, that are not winners of the main prize.
6. The stories cannot exceed 100 words. They will be sent exclusively by completing the online form that will be found on the website of the Foundation: www.fundacioncesaregidoserrano.com The texts will be original, unpublished in all media (paper, blogs, electronic publications, etc...) and must not been awarded prizes in any other contest. Those who do not meet this condition will be disqualified.
7. The deadline for submission of originals will end at 24h (Spanish peninsular time) of the International Day of the Word as a Bond of Humankind (motto of the Foundation), on November 23rd, 2017.
8. The jury will make a selection of the finalists it deems appropriate. The list of finalist titles will be published on the website of the César Egido Serrano Foundation.
9. The César Egido Serrano Foundation reserves the right to publish the finalist stories.
10. The decision of the jury will be final.
11. The registration in this contest is an agreement in the total acceptance of its rules.
12. Texts that do not comply with any of the rules will be disqualified.
13. While filling your information, a code would asked of you, use 46620

http://writertain.com/2017/10/12/win-20000-in-a-100-word-competition/

Please, could I get the right/permission from you to publish this on my FP page?

Also, the link you gave didn't direct me to fill any form, just a spanish language I couldn't even comprehend.
Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Divepen1(m): 7:34am On Oct 14, 2017
Jhaytee4all:

Please, could I get the right/permission from you to publish this on my FP page?

Also, the link you gave didn't direct me to fill any form, just a spanish language I couldn't even comprehend.
Yes you can...

I don't know how. I'll check into it

1 Like

Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 14, 2017
Divepen1:
Yes you can...
I don't know how. I'll check into it
Ok, then.
Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Divepen1(m): 5:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
Please who else got a message from these people...

I just got a message that reads:

Ambassador of the Spanish language in your country

Dear friend,
Considering the interest and affection that been shown to us in recent years for the Spanish language, and the enthusiasm in awakening the love for our language in you country.
The César Egido Serrano Foundation and th Museum of the Word in plenary session ha agreed to name you Ambassador of the Spanish language of our country in the wor
Sending you the corresponding title and appointment:

Jhaytee4all
MystiqueReine
Sveen

Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 18, 2018
Divepen1:

Dear friend,
Considering the interest and affection that been shown to us in recent years for the Spanish language, and the enthusiasm in awakening the love for our language in you country.
The César Egido Serrano Foundation and th Museum of the Word in plenary session ha agreed to name you Ambassador of the Spanish language of our country in the wor

Jhaytee4all
MystiqueReine
Sveen

i actually did not... was it sent to your mail?

i eas interested with that... but at the end, it got me frustrated. :-(
Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 18, 2018
Divepen1:

Dear friend,

Jhaytee4all
MystiqueReine
Sveen

I got the message... But I can't find anything useful after going through the link attached.
Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Nobody: 1:59am On Feb 19, 2018
skillful01:

I got the message... But I can't find anything useful after going through the link attached.

lol.. the same thing had actually happened to me at the initial stage.
Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by odufalut: 9:40am On Feb 19, 2018
I got the same message too

Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Heromaniaa: 9:39pm On Aug 29, 2018
Seems the organisers have abandoned this competition..
Re: Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition by Heromaniaa: 3:38pm On Dec 02, 2018
I heard the short list was announced on November23

(1) (Reply)

Who'll Save James (A Book On Corruption) By Sulaiman Lukeman / How I Became My Father’s Concubine (episode 4) / DROGBA - A Short Story ( Written In Pidgin English)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.