Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

We Can Stand Together Or Struggle Apart - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Can Stand Together Or Struggle Apart (420 Views)

Boko Haram Executes, Amir Baba-kaka ‘Governor Of Lake Chad’ In Power Struggle / Mai Mala Buni: Why El-rufai, Tinubu’s Ambitions Can’t Tear APC Apart In 2023 / Southern Cameroun Joins IPOB In Biafra Struggle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Can Stand Together Or Struggle Apart by slurity1: 6:44am On Oct 12, 2017
Five days ago not more than 30 boys and a coaching crew did it. Yes they did it against Zambia and that landed Nigeria a ticket to Russia 2018. Excellent.
I watched the 90 minute tension soaked and breathtaking game on TV,, at a point, my focus left the boys to the crowd in the stadium. As the cameras beamed n zoomed close, I looked for an Hausa man, I could not find one, Yoruba people, I couldn't locate them, Igbo kwenu seemed not to have come to watch their son Mikel. Yes, the match was played in Uyo stadium but even Akwa Ibom people stayed back. I searched thru n there was no tribe, no PDP, no APC, all the Christians in Nigeria were in Church and the Muslims in their Mosque. The politicians were busy with their 2019 project. Again, in the crowd, u could not differentiate between a Northerner n a Southerner. Everyone in that stadium in one accord n unity was looking for one thing and alas it came, GOOOOOAL !!! The shouts erupted, my neighborhood exploded, I could see joy n celebration everywhere. It didn't end there, those Zambia boys were daring and still fighting like wounded lions and then, the final whistle came. And I heard, we win. I asked who is 'we', he said Nigeria. I asked another, and another and they kept answering the same thing. I tried to argue that its not Nigeria that won and I sounded 'weird'. The guy that scored that goal was Igbo or is it Delta! I'm not too sure. That's the reason I asked who is "we'? I needed to be sure so I can give due credit to Igbo race or the Deltans. Even up to this morning, I'm still hearing we won, Nigeria is going to world cup next year.
The lesson here is that we can build this Nation if we tie it to a goal not our differences. Those differences were there within that 90 minutes and the whole nation stayed glued to their TV sets looking for that one goal. Yes we can, True we can. Let's look for one goal as a nation now n pursue it. Forget the differences, we will always have them. Great nations do have their differences but they have become great cos they strategically tied their vision n aspirations to one goal..to become great. If u can read this, don't tell me u don't know the attributes of greatness.
God bless Nigeria !!!

1 Like

Re: We Can Stand Together Or Struggle Apart by slurity1: 6:45am On Oct 12, 2017
Nigeria can do it.
Re: We Can Stand Together Or Struggle Apart by inscreAF: 7:24am On Oct 12, 2017
While i support your opinion, the truth is that there is too much injustice in the society, as long as few people own majority of the wealth of the nation while the masses are struggling, the youths spend years in school and can't get jobs, people will always agitate , today it may the Igbos, who knows who it will be tomorrow?

(1) (Reply)

Olubadan Has No Right To Challenge Installation Of 21 Obas Says Ajimobi / Key Into Operation Crocodile Smile Medical Outreach, Muslim Group Appeals / Biafra: Igbo Governors Must Also Go-skc Ogbonnia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.