Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Osun Weightlifter Helps Nigeria To Win 9 Gold Medals At The Continental Champio - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osun Weightlifter Helps Nigeria To Win 9 Gold Medals At The Continental Champio (1631 Views)

"The Gold Medals Are Starting To Peel Off" Said Tokyo Olympians / Ava And Mia Mikel Obi Show Their Winning Medals At Sports Day In School / Female Weightlifter’s Hand Snaps Into Two While Attempting 110kg Lift (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Weightlifter Helps Nigeria To Win 9 Gold Medals At The Continental Champio by Thevirus: 7:02am On Oct 12, 2017
State of Osun young female weightlifter, Islamia Yusuf again wrote her name with golden pen in the book of record as she assisted Nigeria to win 9 nine gold medals in the African weightlifting Championship in Entebbe, Uganda.

Islamia who was one of the few weightlifters selected by the Nigerian Weightlifting Federeration after few day training exercise in Abuja surprised the officials by winning 3 out of 9 gold medals which Nigeria won in the continental championship where over 15 countries participated .

With this feat, the 15 year-old secondary school student has become the African champion in this category, a springboard towards representing the continent at the world stage.

Reacting to the performance, head of Osun weightlifting coach Mr Kola Afinni and two weightlifting coaches in the State Messrs Rufus Adeyemi and Odogwu John appreciated the governor, State of Osun Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola for providing all logistics support in making her travelling possible.
For more detail, click here:http://thevirusnewsonline.com/?p=749

1 Like

Re: Osun Weightlifter Helps Nigeria To Win 9 Gold Medals At The Continental Champio by Tolexander: 7:28am On Oct 12, 2017
State of Osun young female weightlifter, Islamia Yusuf again wrote her name with golden pen in the book of record as she assisted Nigeria to win 9 nine gold medals in the African weightlifting Championship in Entebbe, Uganda.
Kudos to him.

But me no dey see female weightlifter o. Na male weightlifter I see for the picture o.
Re: Osun Weightlifter Helps Nigeria To Win 9 Gold Medals At The Continental Champio by LionInBoxOffice(m): 8:12am On Oct 12, 2017
a 15 year old girl? Wow! We can all be useful.
Re: Osun Weightlifter Helps Nigeria To Win 9 Gold Medals At The Continental Champio by Muyiwaipere(m): 12:31am On Apr 13, 2019
a
Re: Osun Weightlifter Helps Nigeria To Win 9 Gold Medals At The Continental Champio by Nobody: 3:06am On Apr 13, 2019
LionInBoxOffice:
a 15 year old girl? Wow! We can all be useful.

Sorry I have to disagree on the age. If she was truly 15, we would heard or read about her precocity.
It’ll be easier to believe if she was a footballer but at 15! She has already developed all the muscles and physique necessary to execute the ‘snatch’ and the ‘clean and jerk’ techniques in weightlifting!!

We are not talking of lifting a 50kg or a bag of cement here but lifting a set of bells and har above head with the squats, straightening up withthose monsters above her without her young spines and shoulders not giving way!!

I don’t believe that the girl in that photo is anything less than 20.

(1) (Reply)

Messi - I Will Win The BALLON D'OR After My Fourth Euro Boot / 20 Businesses You Can Do That can Generate You 10k Every Single Day / See Jay-jay Okocha's Luxury Car Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.