Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,144 members, 7,821,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

world sight day 2017- all you need to know about half 4 Past Eye(Strabismus) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / world sight day 2017- all you need to know about half 4 Past Eye(Strabismus) (1217 Views)

Meridian Hospital Marked World Sight Day With Free Medicals / Help!!!! Am I Losing My Sight?? / World Sight Day: EEDC Offers Customers Free Eye Screening And Health Check (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

world sight day 2017- all you need to know about half 4 Past Eye(Strabismus) by killaskillz: 9:50am On Oct 12, 2017
STRABISMUS (HALF PAST 4 EYES)

Strabismus is often referred to as crossed eyes or "HALF PAST 4" locally , but it can present in several different ways. The American Optometric Association defines strabismus as a “condition in which both eyes do not look at the same place at the same time.” It can present as one eye drifting inward (esotropia), outward (exotropia), upward (hypertropia), or downward (hypotropia). This misalignment is often due to incongruities, such as the eye’s inability to focus properly on a point off in the distance.

The condition can lead to double vision, a lack of depth perception, and even loss of eyesight if left untreated

Treatments for Crossed Eyes/strabismus/half past 4
In order to improve vision, the weakened muscles in the affected eye or eyes must be put to work. Several treatments may be used alone or in combination, depending on the type, severity, and cause of strabismus, including:
Eyeglasses or contact lenses – this method may help people who have crossed eyes due to an uncorrected farsightedness
Medication (eye drops) – In some cases, as an alternative to patching, eye drops are used in the stronger (good) eye to temporarily blur the vision in the good eye. This forces use of the weaker eye.
Surgery – straightens and realigns muscles in the eyes; this method has a high success rate although it is expensive and involves more risk than other options.
Patching or covering the better-seeing eye – similar to eye drops, this method works to strengthen the weakened eye.

FOR MORE INFO VISIT ANY EYE CLINIC NEAR YOU
#WORLDSIGHTDAY
#MAKEVISIONCOUNT
#AVOIDPREVENTABLEBLINDNESS

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See How To Naturally Cure Poor Erection / I Fear For Africa, I See Dead Bodies Littered All Over Streets – Melinda Gates / Ooni Of Ife Begins Mass Fumigation With Drones (graphics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.