Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,661 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

‘why People Called Me Prostitute’- Nollywood Star Omotola Speaks - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ‘why People Called Me Prostitute’- Nollywood Star Omotola Speaks (1039 Views)

People Called Her Ape, Young Lady With The Werewolf Syndrome / Nollywood Star Actresses Who Sacrificed Their Career For Marriage (photos) / Rita Daniels: I Nurtured Regina Daniels, My Daughter To Become A Nollywood Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘why People Called Me Prostitute’- Nollywood Star Omotola Speaks by Ronky001(f): 11:01am On Oct 12, 2017
Nollywood actress and producer, Omotola Jolade, has revealed how she was labeled a prostitute at the age of 15.
Omosexy, as the thespian is fondly called, said reality dawned on her at the age of 15 following the demise of her father.
The veteran actress shared her story on her Instagram page in order to commemorate the International Day of the Girl Child
She wrote, “On today’s girl child day, I’ll do an unusual post true to me. As a child, I lost my father age 12. Sponsored by a great community of Ondo men, the#Ekimogunclub, so I could continue my education.
“At age 15, I started struggling to help my widowed mother. I started working in the Entertainment Industry. While going to school, and working, faced many challenges as a female child. There were talks of being loose, perhaps being a prostitute, lack of freedom to mingle like male counterparts, rumours and fear of slander, sexual harassments.
“However, one of my early dreams was to be great at whatever I chose and be side by side the best in the World. I’m not totally there yet, but, that 12 years old iyana-ipaja little girl did take care of her widowed mum till she died, took care of her younger brothers who are in marriage stages now.
“She is taking care of herself and her own family, taking care of a few people she is privileged to be able to.
“She has worked, spoken on, been awarded on World stages, and has been compared to the people she admired when growing up, from other parts of the World
“Don’t you dare underestimate the possibilities of a Girl Child. “

Source://http:gisthubnaija.com/

Re: ‘why People Called Me Prostitute’- Nollywood Star Omotola Speaks by Nobody: 11:02am On Oct 12, 2017
cool where's Liz Benson-Ameye?

Re: ‘why People Called Me Prostitute’- Nollywood Star Omotola Speaks by naijawisdom(m): 11:05am On Oct 12, 2017
as far as there is puna
Re: ‘why People Called Me Prostitute’- Nollywood Star Omotola Speaks by Veraatabeh(f): 1:20pm On Oct 12, 2017
naijawisdom:
as far as there is puna
wat is dis one saying
Re: ‘why People Called Me Prostitute’- Nollywood Star Omotola Speaks by Woly: 3:46pm On Oct 12, 2017
Especially if the girl child gather backside like your own, come fine on top..she go see correct customer . You try madam.

(1) (Reply)

Lola And Peter Okoye Celebrate 4th Wedding Anniversary (pics) / "I Would Have Died In 1995, Going To Libya" - Olukayode Salako / Mercy Aigbe Looks Like A Barbie Doll In New Make-up Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.