Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,576 members, 7,865,395 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 05:15 PM

Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires (34452 Views)

Uncontrollable Wildfires Rage In Canada As Thousands Evacuate Cities ( Pics) / Aftermath Of Russian Air Strikes In Ukraine’s Kharkiv (Graphic Photos) / Kaylen Ward Raises $60k For Victims Of Australia Wildfires In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by sukkot: 10:38am On Oct 13, 2017
lets hope my nigga egunmogaji and his 100 cars survived this

3 Likes

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by cyrilamx(m): 10:39am On Oct 13, 2017
Na yoruba slay-queen. Written as pronounced. cool
sukkot:
hashes tho ?
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 13, 2017
wamiikechukwu:

wooden house are very easy and inexpensive to build, that's why.
No, we must spend 10 million @ least in building. If we have not, we haven't built a house. Also, we must drive the latest cars grin

4 Likes

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by sukkot: 10:40am On Oct 13, 2017
cyrilamx:
Na yoruba slay-queen. Written as pronounced. cool

lmao savage
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by codemaniacs: 10:42am On Oct 13, 2017
kk

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by youngsahito(m): 10:42am On Oct 13, 2017
Trump is a badluck to America.Let Americans ends there bad ways

1 Like

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Jakumo(m): 10:43am On Oct 13, 2017
Oh my God. My home state is going up in flames, and for the first time EVER, entire residential neighborhoods are being burnt to ashes, street by street, town by town.

Global warming is inflicting some horrendous damage to the California economy, and the heat is only set to get worse in the coming years.

These currently raging fires have dispelled a long-held assumption that wildfires occur predominantly in the wild. Now, that optimistic premise is seen to be fatally flawed in the USA, where structurally 95% of residential homes are comprised of 95% wood, that goes up in a fireball, in conditions of extreme heat and high winds.

It is so tragically ironic to recall that California FINALLY emerged from a decade of severe drought just last year in 2016, only to find itself erupting into the worst fire season on record, a mere one year after that long punishing drought officially ended.

The mega-fire of 2004 in San Diego County had been burning perilously close to huge residential tracts, but they were all saved by a change in wind directions during that year's Santa Ana season that occurs when the offshore winds pick up in late fall every November.

This year the wind fanned the fires and did not relent until houses started to explode into flames street-by-street. So sad ti see. This damage.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by netflicks(m): 10:44am On Oct 13, 2017
Hell on earth... .the end is near cry
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by cyrilamx(m): 10:45am On Oct 13, 2017
Americans think they do not need God owing to their prowess in technology and science. This could happen to any country, but for me it seems God and nature might just be angry with American's ways of life and promotion of moral evils. Or how else would one describe a situation where a country within 3 months is afflicted with not less than 3 different hurricanes, Mass shootings and now wide fire? In all it still shows God is the creator and controller of the universe not any scientific ability.
pretty16:
Jesus have mercy. This wildfire disaster is something else. Loss of lives and Property. Take control lord. This is really sad.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 13, 2017
codemaniacs:

feeling great is a choice... someone does not have to be living in U.S to feel great...

the pictures are a very good example that nature can render anything useless at any time...

Nature can render any of the concrete jungles you admire worthless, when there are floods the roads are useless, farming is useless...

It is not about talking too much... it is about realizing that life is meaningless and the Earth can destroy itself at anytime no matter where you live.
all these talks is your sentiments trying to make you feel good. Nature can render anything useless, that's good to know. But bad to know is humans rendering things useless as it is with the case with Nigeria... this type of sentiments is why the politicians will keep toying with many of you. If Nature can render things useless, does it mean we should not do the right things. Hello, save your silly sentiments for another talk!

4 Likes

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Backinfront(m): 10:48am On Oct 13, 2017
majekdom2:
and it is you black man that is not full of hate. They are full of hate, yet they extend donations, scholarships and gifts to you the black man.hehehe, you will need to think again.
Silly logic. Who extends this "donations, scholarships and gifts" ? better put these crumbs who extends them? The few elites or the sick fat fools littered in America.
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by remainhidden: 10:50am On Oct 13, 2017
USA is just filled with so many apocalyptiapocalypse..
So many disasters..E just weak me

1 Like

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by UbanmeUdie: 10:52am On Oct 13, 2017
cogbuagu:
I thank God that we do not experience this kind of natural disaster here in Nigeria.

And at the same time, it makes us dull to the extent of us, not thinking of way forward to make our home a better place .

shocked

And you honestly think you have made appreciable sense to say thank God this did not happen in Nigeria

The properties and houses destroyed has got insurance cover on them all and before you blink, everything will be back to normal as if it never happened.

The only thing called irreversible loss in America is loss of life.

My condolences goes to the affected families.

However, i need you to understand that the leadership of Nigeria under president Buhari is a worse disaster compared to that California wildfire.

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 13, 2017
Backinfront:
Silly logic. Who extends this "donations, scholarships and gifts" ? better put these crumbs who extends them? The few elites or the sick fat fools littered in America.
THEY ARE BLESSED REGARDLESS!! It's left for you to deal with
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 13, 2017
Americans turn from your wicked ways!

It is well with the children of God living in that land.
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Backinfront(m): 10:57am On Oct 13, 2017
majekdom2:
THEY ARE BLESSED REGARDLESS!! It's left for you to deal with
You don't know what a blessing is. Americans are everything no one should be except brainless spineless losers. Chop facts and stay wise and strong.
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by codemaniacs: 10:57am On Oct 13, 2017
kk
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by EzeeYFB(m): 10:58am On Oct 13, 2017
Explorers:

You are so right bro, this should be the 3rd time this year in Cali. 2016, 2015&2014 also.
Pls what causes this?
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by moshino(m): 10:58am On Oct 13, 2017
Nimi22:
We are truly in the end of ages. angry angry

Wild fires in California happens every year, it's like having rainy season or dry season in Nigeria. It doesn't mean "end of ages".

4 Likes

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 13, 2017
codemaniacs:

the politicians can do what they want... If there are serious protests the US you live would be one of the first to send soldiers to kill innocents people and install another tyrant....

If you think the tyrants aren't working for the US UK then you are a gullible whyte supremacist who just wants to see African countries in chaos..

it is not sentiments it is common sense...

we eat, sleep, wake up, work and are very healthy just like any other human anywhere in the world...

keep posting more trash, I like seeing whyte supremacists showing themselves.. cool cool cool
how many of you?? Rwanda, kenya are working for the whites too.. how come things are changing fast and even Ghana, Angola, mozambique. Your sentiments will keep making you silly. Leave Nigeria and go to other African countries not west now, you will see that your case is worst than wildfires and hurricanes.
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by slick1(m): 11:04am On Oct 13, 2017
The United States of America has been the centre of everything against God's purpose for creation recently so I'm not surprised if they go through these pestilences.

They support everything wrong gay, transgender, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality etc., things that God frowns at. Like Sodom and Gomorrah before them and every other city that angered God they will get their own share.

Dispute this at your own ignorance, but I know there is an Almighty God and He is merciful and slow to anger, but don't test Him.
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by codemaniacs: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2017
kk

1 Like

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by roqrules04(m): 11:10am On Oct 13, 2017
The End is near
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Dollabiz: 11:14am On Oct 13, 2017
Sad
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 13, 2017
codemaniacs:

they are not sentiments... I don't need to leave Nigeria because Nigeria only exists on paper and I can easily view videos on any other place I want to online...

Nigeria consists of 36 states with different levels of developments in each state...

I don't know what part of Nigeria or Africa you've visited or seen on TV but I'm happy with where I am and I plan on improving where I am.. leaving only drains my brain to the country I go to...

I can't leave where I am because I want to be part of solution and not just a noisemaker like you that only compares things and complains and talks badly...

you're the only one talking too much and showing sentiments.. cool cool cool
who is asking you to leave.. typical unintelligent black man without comprehensive skills. Read through the post I quoted before you mentioned me. The lady made a silly post about a natural disaster and asking a nation to repent. I asked has Nigeria repented. Silly hypocrites is what many of you are and these are who God dislikes most. Jesus said that clearly! She came up with Nigeria not experiencing disaster and I asked is the oppression and tyranny you are fgoing through better than a disaster? Read and understand. Solve your problems first before you tell another that is doing better than you how to solve her problem. Thats my point M0ron

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by ikdaddy01(m): 11:21am On Oct 13, 2017
O Lord Help dz people. They ve suffered so much disasters this year.
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 13, 2017
majekdom2:
No, we must spend 10 million @ least in building. If we have not, we haven't built a house. Also, we must drive the latest cars grin

and opress the poor.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by codemaniacs: 11:24am On Oct 13, 2017
kk
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Nobody: 11:26am On Oct 13, 2017
[quote author=slick1 post=61377998]
The United States of America has been the centre of everything against God's purpose for creation recently so I'm not surprised if they go through these pestilences.

They support everything wrong gay, transgender, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality etc., things that God frowns at. Like Sodom and Gomorrah before them and every other city that angered God they will get their own share.

Dispute this at your own ignorance, but I know there is an Almighty God and He is merciful and slow to anger, but don't one to deserve the plague that has befallen it over the years i.e war, hunger, corruption, devilish leaders, underdevelopment. Yes, Go may be angry with America but they are still blessed. You know why, a few that seek God, seeks him in truth and spirit. They are not HYPOCRITES. And God once said, he will spare a nation if he finds just one righteous soul. This is why they are still blessed. They still have a large number seeking God in truth and spirit but the case is different with Africa. Many of us claim to seek God but we don't in truth and spirit. You see a Christian who still has juju and charms in his home, you find a Christian who steals public funds. With the number of churches, one would expect us to be the number 1 continent. Hello, God is angry with America because they have turned away from pleasing him as they used to and he wants them back but God is loosing interest in Africa by the day because they are Hypocrites!
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Fidelismaria: 11:26am On Oct 13, 2017
sorry ooo

hope Dis doesn't stop LUCIFER from airing on Sunday
Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 13, 2017
slick1:

Dispute this at your own ignorance, but I know there is an Almighty God and He is merciful and slow to anger, but don't test Him.
what has Africa done to deserve the plague that has befallen it over the years i.e war, hunger, corruption, devilish leaders, underdevelopment. Yes, Go may be angry with America but they are still blessed. You know why, a few that seek God, seeks him in truth and spirit. They are not HYPOCRITES. And God once said, he will spare a nation if he finds just one righteous soul. This is why they are still blessed. They still have a large number seeking God in truth and spirit but the case is different with Africa. Many of us claim to seek God but we don't in truth and spirit. You see a Christian who still has juju and charms in his home, you find a Christian who steals public funds. With the number of churches, one would expect us to be the number 1 continent. Hello, God is angry with America because they have turned away from pleasing him as they used to and he wants them back but God is loosing interest in Africa by the day because they are Hypocrites!

1 Like

Re: Shocking Images From The Aftermath Of California's Wildfires by Lilimax(f): 11:38am On Oct 13, 2017
sukkot:
lets hope my nigga egunmogaji and his 100 cars survived this
What of CFAN too shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uganda: Bobi Wine's Supporter Kidnapped, Tortured & Dumped At Mortuary (Graphic) / Russia: Apocalypse Underwater Drones That Can Trigger ‘radioactive Tsunami' / Iran To U.S : Step Aside So You Won't Get Hit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.