Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis (23931 Views)

Dr. Maduka Distributes Free Fuel To Keke Operators In Awka / Celebration In Owerri As INEC Declares Emeka Ihedioha Winner / Okorocha Plans To Erect Statues For Ojukwu, Mbakwe, Michael Okpara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Mushrafah(f): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
I hope he provides them with a much better means of livelihood if not he will end up doing more harm than goog
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by talk2percy(m): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
Please help me and tell this 419 guvnor and eze china roads.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Adaowerri111: 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2017
zoo taxislol
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Isobug: 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
Waste of time as far as Rochas and I are concerned

Ekeukwu Marketers are witnesses
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by KINGSO4LFY(m): 4:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
just observing this is very serious
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by muller101(m): 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2017
Ban all of them . I Am in full support
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by tochivitus(m): 4:20pm On Oct 12, 2017
Why not give these taxis to the keke operators to avoid unemployement, after all Jonathan did it (SURE-P)
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Nobody: 4:22pm On Oct 12, 2017
Heat go kill person inside taxi angry.

1 Like

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by EternalTruths: 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
Tomorrow one illiterate Afonja will be asking how come so many Igbos rally around Nnamdi Kanu.

With few more wickedness of this nature, IPOB don't need to preach Biafra before getting supporters.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 4:26pm On Oct 12, 2017
Very stupid move by the governor. I don't know why he has sworn to make life difficult for people. I stay in Owerri, and keke is the primary means of transport inside and outside the city. I sometimes charter keke from anywhere I am to my house at between #300 to #500. How am I gonna be able to do that with taxi?
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by EternalTruths: 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2017
muller101:
Ban all of them . I Am in full support

Don't complain when they sign up with IPOB.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by totorimi: 4:36pm On Oct 12, 2017
That man has real lofty intentions just that our people are used to poverty mentality.

They should give the man a chance to make the changes he promised. What is Okada and Keke napepe doing in a city. They should be confined to the rural areas where they are mostly needed and not the city. The governor should not look back on his reform programs, at the end the people will finally appreciate.

He should be open, sincere and focussed. God will help him. He should do enduring projects that will stand the test of time.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by joenor(m): 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2017
To me if that what the state need presently, he should focus on building bridges, good network roads, Hospital and light.... not keke, I wonder what most of our governor are thinking.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Talkwell: 4:39pm On Oct 12, 2017
Ericaikince:
This protest just made me believe this

This is False na,if you said 50K(profit included) I would agree.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by EternalTruths: 4:42pm On Oct 12, 2017
totorimi:
That man has real lofty intentions just that our people are used to poverty mentality.

They should give the man a chance to make the changes he promised. What is Okada and Keke napepe doing in a city. They should be confined to the rural areas where they are mostly needed and not the city. The governor should not look back on his reform programs, at the end the people will finally appreciate.

He should be open, sincere and focussed. God will help him. He should do enduring projects that will stand the test of time.

How many industries has he built or invited through Public Private Partnerships.?

Okorocha is a daft..
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by EzeeYFB(m): 4:44pm On Oct 12, 2017
Mztarstrechy:
Keke operators today staged a protest in Owerri over Governor Okorocha's plan to ban and replace them with taxi cabs operators.According to them,300 taxi cabs cannot stop 50,000 Keke- keke operators.See photos below

cc; Lalasticlala, mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/10/keke-operators-protest-in-owerri-over.html?m=1
this are hard times oo, total ban go too harsh, leave dem for street use its ok, taxi or uber can take over major roads, well sha make dem sef provide d taxis at lower rates to d drivers, run am like uber imo (that's a cool name tho) n d drivers pay govt 15k every week, life go too sweet na.

1 Like

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by joystickextendr: 4:47pm On Oct 12, 2017
Okay
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 12, 2017
wonder how the taxis will operate with bad roads over there.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by blessedmeme: 4:54pm On Oct 12, 2017
People we look onto have turned to our nightmare. Imagine
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by OlaMiki: 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2017
mumu commentator
tunatrezy:
Good people useless government
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Rekyz(m): 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2017
He used and dumped you guys. Everyone is stranded in Owerri main town today. If you no get car, better no comot.
Rocha's is such an IDIOT!
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by eziokwubundunuwa: 4:59pm On Oct 12, 2017
COdeGenesis:
u cant ban keke. restrict them to streets and let the taxi's take major routes. There is also need for route restructuring, the keke's can pass through streets to get to their destination and also avoid major roads to reduce congestion. This should work. You cant ban keke ,it's senseless and wicked considering the economic situation

They were not banned but restricted from very few major roads. Just like the Monkey pox misinformation these ones are simply misinformed.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Rekyz(m): 5:00pm On Oct 12, 2017
OlaMiki:
mumu commentator
Stop displaying your stupidity here. Imo state has good people and useless government. I mean a government as useless as you are.

2 Likes

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Rekyz(m): 5:01pm On Oct 12, 2017
OlaMiki:
mumu commentator
Stop displaying your stupidity here. Imo state has good people and useless government. I mean a government as useless as you are.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Rekyz(m): 5:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
eziokwubundunuwa:

They were not banned but restricted from very few major roads. Just like the Monkey pox misinformation these ones are simply misinformed.
And 300 taxis are yo serve as replacement? Do you live in Owerri?
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by Rekyz(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
talk2percy:
Please help me and tell this 419 guvnor and eze china roads.
Don't even mention China here. Those Aboki roads? No adequate compaction, no proper levels etc. Rocha's isn't fit to be LGA chairman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by WowSweetGuy(m): 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2017
these times r too hard
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by eziokwubundunuwa: 5:17pm On Oct 12, 2017
Rekyz:
And 300 taxis are yo serve as replacement? Do you live in Owerri?

I don't need to live in Owerri to be informed that it's only along these routes

Control roundabout to Hardel junction

Okigwe roundabout to Wetheral by Emmanuel college,

Amakohia to okigwe Road flyover

Warehouse to Akwakuma junction.

Keke can ply every other route for now until there is need to give further restrictions within Onitsha road, Egbu road, Port Harcourt road and Aba road.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by HITTED(m): 5:19pm On Oct 12, 2017
wellmax:
Which set is this group. ?? Who sponsored them? Cos last time I checked the Keke operators were happy with him.

https://www.nairaland.com/4055055/rochas-okorocha-sings-keke-napep
Sorry, that was September 14.
Re: Keke Operators Protest In Owerri As Okorocha Plans To Replace Them With Taxis by wellmax(m): 5:21pm On Oct 12, 2017
HITTED:

Sorry, that was September 14.

Whats there to be sorry about? Yes its Sept whatever, but they were all celebrating him, so what happened

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Security Chiefs To Go As Governors Seek New Ideas / Soludo: More Than Half Of Anambra People Live Outside State / Tambuwal Consults Obasanjo, Mark, Danjuma Over 2023 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.