Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Christianity And Civilization Started In Africa(biblical Verses) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity And Civilization Started In Africa(biblical Verses) (343 Views)

T.B Joshua Saga: Wiseman Daniel Speaks About How Trouble Started In Synagogue / Top 20 Biblical Verses That Prove Paul Contradicted Jesus / Biblical Verses On When To Keep Shut (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christianity And Civilization Started In Africa(biblical Verses) by senatrpaichulo(m): 4:50pm On Oct 12, 2017
Ethiopia (Bible-period Africa) is mentioned so many times in the Bible that one would presume that its extensive political, cultural and economic significance in the Biblical period was common knowledge.
Below, find a few examples of the recognition given to Africa in the ancient times:

Jeremiah 13:23:
Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil.

Amos 9:7:
Are you not as children of Ethiopia unto me, O children of Israel. Have I not brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt?

Nahum 3:9:
Ethiopia and Egypt were her strength, and it was infinite; Punt and Lubim were thy helpers.

Zephaniah 3:10:
From beyond the borders of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed shall bring mine offering.

Genesis 2:13:
Ethiopia is one of the first countries mentioned in the Bible. It is associated with the garden of Eden.

Genesis 10:6-20:
Describes the kingdoms founded by the families of the founders of Ethiopia.

Numbers 12:1:
And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman.
Later on in his career, Moses was sheltered and counseled by his Ethiopian father-in-law, Jethro (Exodus 3:1, 4:18,18:1-12)

2 Kings 19:9:
And when he heard say of Tirhakah king of Ethiopia, Behold, he is come out to fight against thee: he (king of Babylon) sent messengers again unto Hezekiah…

2 Chronicles 14:9:
Ethiopian general, Zerah, led an army of thousands upon thousands with 300 chariots.
Esther 1:1, 8:9:

Ethiopia is used as a border to measure an empire.

Job 28:19:
The topaz of Ethiopia shall not equal it, neither shall it be valued with pure gold.

Psalms 68:31:
Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God.

Psalm 87:4:
I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there.

Jeremiah 38:7,10,12:
Ethiopian royal official rescues prophet Jeremiah.

Nahum 3:9:
“Ethiopia and Egypt were her strength, and it was infinite.”

Acts 8:27:
Ethiopian government official goes to Jerusalem to worship, accepts Christianity and brings it back to Ethiopia which was ruled by Ethiopian Queen Kandake (Candace).
Re: Christianity And Civilization Started In Africa(biblical Verses) by naijawisdom(m): 5:05pm On Oct 12, 2017
let me read these bible verses first before I will say more

(1) (Reply)

It Is Soft Work / Open Heaven Daily Devotional(wed. 25/10/2017) Touch Not My Annointed. / Great Grace For Revival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.