Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,066 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly (20253 Views)

"Abroad Life Is Not Easy" - Man Who Cleans Skyscraper Windows Says; Shares Video / The Ranking Structure Of The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) / Lady Cleans Makeup Off The Faces Of Ladies Who Offered Her N1.5k After Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Assslayer: 10:55am On Oct 13, 2017
The Owode Ajegunle Ikorodu road Highway is clean (especially the BRT lane) today thanks to this elderly woman, imagine how long the road is, this elderly woman does it all by herself. But sadly she's rendering the service without being paid or rewarded by the Government who owns the road or the Lagos BRT operators. Everyday while going to work i see this elderly woman cleaning the road, this makes me wonder if the government assigned any Lawma worker to clean the road at all or maybe the Lawma worker assigned to clean that very area is leaving all the work for the poor woman and at the end of the month get paid by government. The government should know of course the road won't clean itself by default, someone is doing a great job and it is this poor elderly woman. You will always find this elderly woman cleaning that everyday without being appreciated or motivated by anyone, as a young man it is a slap to my face. As an elderly woman, she is doing something beneficial to Lagos and Nigeria as a whole, but as a young man that I'm what I'm doing to Lagos and Nigeria?

This Senior citizen is rendering a selfless service for over two years now without being recognized or appreciated and i feel it's time for us to appreciate her and encourage others who are rendering selfless services somewhere out there to continue.

lalasticlala, mynd44

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Homeboiy: 11:00am On Oct 13, 2017
She is next to cleanliness

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Assslayer: 11:09am On Oct 13, 2017
Homeboiy:
She is next to cleanliness

I feel she should be appreciated as an elderly woman rendering a selfless service, those who are observant enough who ply the road would attest to the fact this woman is doing a great job.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by oladeebo: 11:10am On Oct 13, 2017
op!
not only they didn't appreciated the old woman but they ignore your call to appreciate!
that's the different between the old age and youths of nowadays!
Courage!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Assslayer: 11:17am On Oct 13, 2017
oladeebo:
op!
not only they didn't appreciated the old woman but they ignore your call to appreciate!
that's the different between the old age and youths of nowadays!
Courage!

I wish Lalasticlala or Mynd44 would take this to front page, we need to start encouraging and celebrating people doing selfless service like her in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Mynd44: 11:37am On Oct 13, 2017
Assslayer:

I feel she should be appreciated as an elderly woman rendering a selfless service, those who are observant enough who ply the road would attest to the fact this woman is doing a great job.
I doubt it is a selfless service. They are called "highway managers" but we should appreciate these people cos the job is dangerous and it is also honest work

3 Likes

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Assslayer: 11:44am On Oct 13, 2017
Mynd44:

I doubt it is a selfless service. They are called "highway managers" but it is we should appreciate these people cos the job us dangerous and it is also honest work

She is not a highway manager in anyway, i have been following this woman for over two years now. Do you see her on any highway uniform, highway mangers wear reflective uniforms to signify their offices and is this the kind of broom a highway manger would use to to clean a federal road? Anyone could actually confirm the legitimacy of this piece of information, she's always on that road most times.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Assslayer: 5:46am On Oct 14, 2017
Mynd44:

I doubt it is a selfless service. They are called "highway managers" but we should appreciate these people cos the job is dangerous and it is also honest work

Mynd44 this is my facebook page and people who knows the legitimacy of this piece of information are sharing and confirming it. I and many out there would really appreciate if you could push it to the front page. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by DanielsParker(m): 8:01am On Oct 14, 2017
ok
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by osuofia2(m): 8:03am On Oct 14, 2017
Slay queens can't do this...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 14, 2017
That's what we all shoukd be doing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by aku626(m): 8:05am On Oct 14, 2017
I hope she gets recognized, recommended and taken off the streets. The streets not safe for an elderly woman

2 Likes

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by LordAA(m): 8:05am On Oct 14, 2017
Slay Queens observe

2 Likes

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by nenergy(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2017
Its strange! Honestly, she shouldn't be doing this. Its either she stays alone (no one to watch her) or she's mentally Ill. I won't allow my family member do this daily. If it were a one-time community project, great but taking daily risky without proper safety measures for over 2 years is not commendable but dangerous. She needs help!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by SweetJoystick(m): 8:10am On Oct 14, 2017
So you be Henry and at the same time assslayer? angry
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by heysquare(m): 8:11am On Oct 14, 2017
she shud be made cleaner lagos ambassador. OP u shud try to post ds on d fb page of cleaner lagos initiative and lagos state govt fb official page.
https://mobile.facebook.com/Cleaner-Lagos

1 Like

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by wahles(m): 8:12am On Oct 14, 2017
Everything for dz country na upside down
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by wahles(m): 8:13am On Oct 14, 2017
Everything for dz country na upside down! Her kids should be flogged
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by slurity1: 8:13am On Oct 14, 2017
Good to emulate

1 Like

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by ahmstrng(m): 8:13am On Oct 14, 2017
Is this how we will be looking? Is this how we will be looking? When our future is getting exchanged for a tin of milk and one mudu of garri? When women old enough to be grandmothers, who should be sitting at home with their grand babies, dress up in faded mismatched Ankara outfit and sing in the sun for a man young enough to be their son in exchange for 200 naira?
Is this how we will be looking? When corruption has become corrupted that it is the corrupt that wants to fight corruption? When justice gets stifled and suffocated with the smell of naira notes or dollars as the ‘giver’ wishes? Where the National cake is shared and the crumbs is left for us to share? When the poor man who stole bread and a small bag of semo is burnt to death and the hungry boy who stole chicken is handed a death sentence?
Is this how we will be looking? When old cargoes are still on the queue to rule the country before they take their last breath? Suffocating the young, honest ones who have the interest of the people at heart? Buying people’s conscience and sense of reasoning with contracts and ministerial appointments?
Read more http://kanzahsays.com/is-this-how-we-will-be-looking/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by claremont(m): 8:17am On Oct 14, 2017
I wish Nairaland had a dedicated philanthropy section where we can donate to selfless people like this, and to other noble causes.

However, what this woman is doing is VERY dangerous. She has no reflective jacket, no safety shoes and the way she is bending her back will lead to severe back issues in the very near future.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by juman(m): 8:18am On Oct 14, 2017
That is mad old woman.

She need care.

1 Like

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Choiszman(m): 8:22am On Oct 14, 2017
I saw her the other day and I was moved... At first I thought she was homeless or sick... Now I know better embarassed undecided

1 Like

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Millz404(m): 8:30am On Oct 14, 2017
Make dem try start to find the woman something. Which one be selflessly. The woman is indirectly asking for employment
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by obaival(m): 8:47am On Oct 14, 2017
Exercise

1 Like

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Assslayer: 8:49am On Oct 14, 2017
SweetJoystick:
So you be Henry and at the same time assslayer? angry

Assslayer yeah ! Ogbuefi in Igbo grin
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Omolecturer419(m): 8:56am On Oct 14, 2017
Please don't let us wait for govmt. What eva we hav in individual we can use it to appreciate dis woman.

2 Likes

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by ipobarecriminals: 9:02am On Oct 14, 2017
sad who told u that those Lawma street sweepers details work?Some of them usually pack/sweep roadside sand and sell it to one baba kafila,Uche and Amina for a makeshift house on top of a sewage/soak away at the back of their face me/face u house.
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Ojuororun(m): 9:02am On Oct 14, 2017
juman:
That is mad old woman.

She need care.
that is too much....be respectful guy if some1 said dis to ur own mother how u go feel...oga o some ppl are nt thinkin at al... but god bless her hussle
Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by ipobarecriminals: 9:14am On Oct 14, 2017
sad
juman:
That is mad old woman.

She need care.
undecided
juman:
That is mad old woman.

She need care.
u need daycare much

1 Like

Re: An Elderly Woman Who Cleans A Lagos Federal Road Selflessly by Reyus: 9:31am On Oct 14, 2017
That old woman needs to get off from that road. It's risky to her life and other road users.
State governments should get mechanical street sweepers as below. It not that expensive.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There A Bright Future For Biotechnologists In Nigeria? / 10 Reasons Why Everyone Needs A Bad Boss / My Friend's Mother Suspended Her From Her Company For Fighting Her Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.