Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,187 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

World Bank: Buhari Debunks Claims Of North East Favour - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / World Bank: Buhari Debunks Claims Of North East Favour (1601 Views)

The Big Python We Caught Alive In North-East / Ekiti Debunks Claims Soldiers Protest In Ado / Ten Million Social Exchange Market/world Bank Grant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Bank: Buhari Debunks Claims Of North East Favour by IROHINOodua: 4:02pm On Oct 13, 2017
World Bank: Buhari debunks claims of North East favour
By Kunle Adewunmi
President Mohammadu Buhari has debunked claims that he favours the North East regarding the World Bank projects as being insinuated following the World Bank President, Jim Yong Kim interview. In a media release today made available to Irohinoodua, the President said the claims were being misinterpreted by mischief makers.
The statement signed by his image maker, Mr Femi Adesina reads "Those who specialize in a deliberate twisting of information have wailed and raged endlessly on the news item credited to the World Bank Group President, Jim Yong Kim, who disclosed in Washington DC, United States of America, that President Muhammadu Buhari had requested a concentration of the Bank's intervention efforts in the northern part of Nigeria, particularly in the North-east.

The ignorant and mischievous people, who twist everything for their vile purposes, are making it seem that it was a calculated attempt to give the North an unfair advantage over other parts of Nigeria.

The truth of the matter is that President Buhari, right from his first week in office in June, 2015, had reached out to the G-7 in Germany that Nigeria needed help to rebuild the North-east, which had been terribly devastated by insurgency. He said the country would prefer help in terms of rebuilding of infrastructure, rather than cash donation, which may end up being misappropriated. In concert with Governors of the region, a comprehensive list of needed repairs was sent to the G-7 leaders.

Also, during a trip to Washington in 2015, and many other engagements that followed, President Buhari sought the help of the World Bank in rebuilding the beleaguered North-east, which was then being wrested from the stranglehold of a pernicious insurgency. It was something always done in the open, and which reflected the President's concern for the region.

Those ululating over the disclosure by the President of the World Bank should be a bit reflective, and consider the ravages that the North-east has suffered since 2009, when the Boko Haram insurgency started. Schools, hospitals, homes, entire villages, towns, cities, bridges, and other public utilities have been blown up, laid waste, and lives terminated in excess of 20,000, while widows and orphans littered the landscape. The humanitarian crisis was in monumental proportions.

President Buhari simply did what a caring leader should do. He took the battle to the insurgents, broke their backs, and then sought for help to rebuild, so that the people could have their lives back. Should that then elicit the negative commentary that has trailed the disclosure from the World Bank? Not at all, except from insidious minds.

President Buhari has a pan-Nigerian mandate, and he will discharge his duties and responsibilities in like manner. Any part of the country that requires special attention would receive it, irrespective of primordial affinities, which narrow minded people have not been able to live above. This President will always work in the best interest of all parts of the country at all times. Let ethnic warriors sheathe their swords.

FEMI ADESINA
Special Adviser to the President
(Media and Publicity)
October 13, 2017
Re: World Bank: Buhari Debunks Claims Of North East Favour by oz4real83(m): 4:03pm On Oct 13, 2017
The president of world bank won't benefit anything by lying against our president. It is better not to react to the world bank president's statement than to make statement that insults our intelligence. Jonathan's focus was on the north all through his tenure. Pmb's focus is also on the north. We dont need a sooth sayer to tell us the already obvious!!!
Re: World Bank: Buhari Debunks Claims Of North East Favour by Hashimyussufamao(m): 4:05pm On Oct 13, 2017
wailer will wail tho, but buhari make this more easier for them

1 Like

Re: World Bank: Buhari Debunks Claims Of North East Favour by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 13, 2017
So the world bank chief dey lie
Re: World Bank: Buhari Debunks Claims Of North East Favour by Tamass: 4:08pm On Oct 13, 2017
Some miscreants will just come now and say nonsense without even reading the posts... we are the major problem of this country,until we get rid of our tribalistic preset mentality...i can assure you we are going nowhere
They have started..just take a look at the comment above mine..smh
Re: World Bank: Buhari Debunks Claims Of North East Favour by oz4real83(m): 4:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
Tamass:
Some miscreants will just come now and say nonsense without even reading the posts... we are the major problem of this country,until we get rid of our tribalistic preset mentality...i can assure you we are going nowhere
They have started..just take a look at the comment above mine..smh
the place that needs rebuilding most is Niger-delta. Niger-delta has suffered neglect since 1956 when oil was discovered in bayelsa. U can't compare it to that of north east that started not up to 15years ago. I want attention to be given to every part of the country,dont misunderstand me,but always let truth prevail. Niger-delta has contributed more and therefore deserves some attention!
Re: World Bank: Buhari Debunks Claims Of North East Favour by Tamass: 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2017
oz4real83:
the place that needs rebuilding most is Niger-delta. Niger-delta has suffered neglect since 1956 when oil was discovered in bayelsa. U can't compare it to that of north east that started not up to 15years ago. I want attention to be given to every part of the country,dont misunderstand me,but always let truth prevail. Niger-delta has contributed more and therefore deserves some attention!
I can help you confirm that bro because i reside at rivers state...very well you made your point and i agree so much with you...constructive criticism are so much welcomed in other to enhance rehabilitation and developments...i share the same view with you. My bone of contention are those that misuse the priviledge af having an android phone and an access to internet by spewing meaningless nonsense every thread....
Re: World Bank: Buhari Debunks Claims Of North East Favour by DozieInc(m): 4:34pm On Oct 13, 2017
Ok
Re: World Bank: Buhari Debunks Claims Of North East Favour by Discharge(m): 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2017
God help us all........that's all I have to say
Re: World Bank: Buhari Debunks Claims Of North East Favour by mazimee(m): 4:56pm On Oct 13, 2017
Before I opened the thread, I knew they have sent Femi Adesina to do the cleanings as usual grin grin

No matter the size of the mess Buhari would make, Adesina is always available for cleaning cheesy cheesy
Nothing is too big for him to defend grin

Adesina to the rescue

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom LG POLL: Just In…pdp In Early Lead / Does Nairaland Now Forcefully Make Members Follow Topics? / 'ice-cream' In English, Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.