Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,099 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

These 5 Phrase Could Be The Reason Why Your Cv Always Hits The Trash Can - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / These 5 Phrase Could Be The Reason Why Your Cv Always Hits The Trash Can (777 Views)

Never Put These 5 Things On Your CV When Applying For A Job In Nigeria / Without A Job Yet? Learn These 5 Top Skills And Get A Job!!! / Ten Mistakes You Must Avoid In Your CV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

These 5 Phrase Could Be The Reason Why Your Cv Always Hits The Trash Can by Articlewritter(m): 7:09pm On Oct 13, 2017
THESE 5 PHRASE COULD BE THE REASON WHY YOUR CV ALWAYS HITS THE TRASH CAN

Sometimes, lack of experience and skill is not what gets your CV evicted, but the use of clichéd words and phrases that make hiring managers cringe.
While it is important that you use buzzwords to highlight your skills and competencies, you must be careful how you use them. If a recruiter or hiring manager opens your CV and it is no different from that of the previous person, you can be sure he will jump past it. He wants to see the uniqueness in you. He also wants to be convinced that you are the right candidate, and a bunch of repetitive jargons won’t do the magic.
Here are 5 worst overused buzzwords you should banish from your CV:

1. “I am highly motivated”
Motivated to do what? Almost every jobseeker consider themselves motivated, so 90% of CVs hiring managers come across contain this phrase.
If you must showcase this on your CV as a strong skill, be specific and clearly demonstrate what you mean. For example, you can talk about how keen you are to create solutions and how you love to come up with new ideas.

2. “I am results oriented”
This is another generic phrase you will find in almost every CV.

Source: https://yasofficials..com.ng/2017/10/these-5-phrase-could-be-reason-why-your.html
Re: These 5 Phrase Could Be The Reason Why Your Cv Always Hits The Trash Can by BiafranBushBoy: 7:14pm On Oct 13, 2017
Then what should we put then?

Typical Nigerian. Spot problem without offering a solution.

4 Likes

Re: These 5 Phrase Could Be The Reason Why Your Cv Always Hits The Trash Can by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:
Then what should we put then?

Typical Nigerian. Spot problem without offering a solution.
Lol. Even some of the interviewers are confused. You wonder how simple words and synonyms will deny anyone an interview opportunity. Not even a job.

1 Like

Re: These 5 Phrase Could Be The Reason Why Your Cv Always Hits The Trash Can by BiafranBushBoy: 7:26pm On Oct 13, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. Even some of the interviewers are confused. You wonder how simple words and synonyms will deny anyone an interview opportunity. Not even a job.

The problem is that everyone wants to write these days...

Therefore, creating confusion in the minds of those who might see this.

If a Job descriptions requires a Graduate who is result oriented, what is wrong in me attaching it to my resume?

I think all these rules applies to those who are looking for drab jobs!!, not my field.

1 Like

Re: These 5 Phrase Could Be The Reason Why Your Cv Always Hits The Trash Can by Articlewritter(m): 7:37pm On Oct 13, 2017
The phrase is not what to be using in your CV USE the site to see collect one to use
Re: These 5 Phrase Could Be The Reason Why Your Cv Always Hits The Trash Can by Articlewritter(m): 7:40pm On Oct 13, 2017
Use the source site to see the collection.
Re: These 5 Phrase Could Be The Reason Why Your Cv Always Hits The Trash Can by Andy2274: 9:38pm On Oct 13, 2017
Forget all these nonsense you people are posting about cv. Nigeria Recruiters and HR are extremely heartless. You need one person but will invite 100 people for test and interview and at the end you will still go and bring your relative that doesn't know anything.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu Foundation Recruitment | Apply Now / Adexen Recruitment Agency Latest Job Recruitment (20 Positions) / Can Anyone Confirm This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.