Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Help Me Out! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me Out! (846 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Out! by aadewale(m): 6:31pm On Feb 19, 2007
Hi Nairalanders,

A virus has infected my computer. It has locked my home page to quicknews.com and has also disabled RUN. Now I cannot go to registry nor edit anything there. Command prompt from RUN is also not accessible again.

If I can get RUN back I will be able to edit the registry.

Does anybody know how I can enable RUN. PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Re: Help Me Out! by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 21, 2007
it does more than that,cause i know the virus.it's also disabled your task manager and folder options.
somewhere on your system, hopefully the desk top,you will probably see a file 'new folder'.it's not a folder, it's an application! its 105 kb .i will attach the instructions from trend Micro for removal of the virus. i was unable to reset my folder options though, no matter how i tried.
also, u need process explorer, which is a fantastic third party task manager
and regtoy.i used regtoy to renable run.you need to do that cause you have to run regedit.
if you are running mcafee, it will detect that the virus has infected lssass, but it won't b able 2 do anything.you need process explorer to kill new folder exe process and lssass exe before it can be deleted.
i wish i knew how to restore my folder options, the methods i've tried won't work, Good luck!!!

you can get process explorer from sysinternals.com
google regtoy
go to this link
http://de.trendmicro-europe.com/consumer/vinfo/encyclopedia.php?LYstr=VMAINDATA&vNav=1&VName=WORM_SOHANAD.AC

it will give u all d info about the virus and how u can remove it.i didn't quite follow their instruction, though.cheers
Re: Help Me Out! by nawa1(m): 4:08pm On Aug 29, 2007
get another harddesk, transfer all ur important files (backup ur files), format and reload ur operating system.

that is what i did.

(1) (Reply)

Best Computer Blog Website / Detect Arp Poisoning(arp Spoofing) & Arp Flooding / I Need Free Web Browser For My Fone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.