Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Can Our Religious Institutions Productively Affect Our Economy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Our Religious Institutions Productively Affect Our Economy? (255 Views)

WE DISTRIBUTE LEAFLETS &FLYERS FOR RELIGIOUS INSTITUTIONS IN LAGOS, NIGERIA / Do You Agree? Our Religious Leaders Contributed To The Downfall Of Nigeria / Stop Institutionalizing Poverty, Catholic Priest Tells Religious Institutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Our Religious Institutions Productively Affect Our Economy? by Sabergol99(m): 6:45pm On Oct 14, 2017
It does not matter what side of the divide your'e on; Atheist, Christian, Muslim or Other, religion remains a bit part of our national life - at least for now. I see no point wasting futile effort pointing out defects in every religion, as some of my like-minded comrades do. Instead, i've come to accept certain things the way they are. Now, some of the biggest influencers in our society today remain our religious leaders. They literally can do no wrong in the eyes of followers. My question is, why do we limit such extraordinary influence to the pursuit of vanities and 'unending spiritual satisfaction'. As the CEO of IROKOTV put it, "Religious leaders may hold the magic wand to our economic fortunes". Imagine a Nigeria where pastors are at the forefront of the 'BUY NIGERIA' campaign, where mega religious bodies are involved in the discovery, funding and promotion of entrepreneurship - kinda similar to what Tony Elumelu is doing but with greater worldwide influence. Where trade facilitation and market penetration are promoted by children along with inter-regional cooperation. The possibilities are endless and the potential, limitless. We are already the most religious society on the planet, it's high time some major economic good came out of it.

(1) (Reply)

Reglion / Should Married Christians Wear Wedding Rings? / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.