Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,707 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted (39216 Views)

Benue Barber Arrested For Blasphemy In Kano Speaks After His Release (Photos) / Lady Who Started Bleaching At 19 But Has Stopped Bleaching Speaks (Photos) / Lola Ogunyemi Used In ‘racist’ Dove Video Says Ad ‘misinterpreted’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by Martin0(m): 8:48pm On Oct 16, 2017
gypsey:
i have to like them i have no choice my mother does the same thing. When she travels back to Nigeria or the UK. grin until one day she tried to do the same thing while travelling with me, i called her to a corner and said mum you are embrassing me! She told me to shut up! And that she has been doing like that before i was born grin

Hahahahahcheesycheesycheesy it normal in every airport..

When my late uncle first returned from America same thing happend,he is always an addict to it,despite behaving like an American,such habit is just norman for Airline traveler's I wonder why it so?cheesy
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 16, 2017
Venerable612:

They are superior to us. I do agree with you. Africa is innately raw. You see a decent queue here in the Uk... a Nigerian man can arrive and would be impatient to wait like others. One day we were to queue to board a plane at Casablanca and we were connecting to Nigeria from the Uk. The whites amongst us were cool calm and collected waiting for their turn. Before we knew it, some women just came and went straight to the front and like a flash, everyone left their position and started rushing to board in.

I was really embarrassed that day and they were shouting at the flight attendants passing us in. I just hope one day we can teach our children patience and a modest lifestyle. Dino will be here flaunting cars, while May is there trying not to disappoint her citizens in the EU negotiations.

We need a reorientation... and I pray God just helps us
nice thought!
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 16, 2017
yinkakani:

The thing is you made a lot of sense and foolishness at the same time in your post. The foolishness came first. You're left with a little grey area there.
you know wan admit say dem dey superior. How many countries can you green passport enter without visa. Y'all be shouting racism and battling superiority terms without finding a solution to your being regarded as underdeveloped

2 Likes

Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 16, 2017
Martin0:

Hahahahahcheesycheesycheesy it normal in every airport..

When my late uncle first returned from America same thing happend,he is always an addict to it,despite behaving like an American,such habit is just norman for Airline traveler's I wonder why it so?cheesy
they just don't want to pay for excess baggage.
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by hotdealz(m): 9:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ajicold:
I don't blame them o, most ladies want to be white this days
Mehn, See as your profile pics make my heart melt. You be fine girl o.
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by Martin0(m): 9:32pm On Oct 16, 2017
gypsey:
they just don't want to pay for excess baggage.

Oh really,now I know..
Then if they don't wanna pay for excess baggage why don't dey carry for what dey can pay for?

1 Like

Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by salford1: 9:41pm On Oct 16, 2017
dominique:
I don't see what is racist about the video o. But since Dove has owned up to the accusations, issoryt.
of course it is discriminatory. The whole point is that the white woman is more attractive due to her skin colour.
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by Martin0(m): 9:42pm On Oct 16, 2017
[quote author=egopersonified post=61487147][/quote]
Nigerian spirit you call that..cheesycheesy Gypsey come and see this comment..
@nigerian-spirit hahahahcheesycheesycheesy
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by Venerable612(m): 10:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
hilroy:

Have you heard of hillbillies, rednecks and savagery white people? I'm sure you haven't. Categorically, the retar.ded idiots blowing themselves up in the name of religion are Caucasians just like their fellow Neanderthals in Europe. Let the white race get subjected to one tenth of what black race has been subjected to and see how uncultured and savagery they will be. It is funny when someone like you makes very unintelligent comment just to say absolute garbage. The number one problem with black race is that vast majority of us are suffering from mental slavery and I can smell it all over your unless post.

God bless u sir!
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by Venerable612(m): 10:54pm On Oct 16, 2017
Sanchez01:

This is a very foolish attempt at proving nothing. The whites could be superior to you and your household, it does not to some of us. The moment you realise that skin colour does not determine superiority, the better it would be for you see life from the perspective dogged Africans see.

I would have expected you to say they observe laws to the letter than we do but superior? I honestly don't know how you got into the UK but I'd suggest you start working on your self esteem.

Take a moment to study the rednecks.

God bless u sir!
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by Empiree: 4:27am On Oct 17, 2017
dominique:
I don't see what is racist about the video o. But since Dove has owned up to the accusations, issoryt.
There are optional materials they could use to market their product. A giant company like that knows how sensitive people can be. Sometimes they are just looking for trouble or want to be heard or are seeking attention when they portrayed White and Black in ads like this.

Race issue is so sensitive. Anyways, i don't like Dove. It is so hyped far as i am concerned but fake. The first time i used it my body felt slippery and not soapy. I am talking about when Oprah Winfrey used to advertise for them. I don't know now. I stopped using it since then.
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by Wallace2107: 6:49am On Oct 17, 2017
Neymar1095:
The earlier we realise the whites are superior to the blacks the better because racism will never stop.
ur inferiority complex is like zee world...extraordinarily everyday grin
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by makahlj2: 7:35am On Oct 17, 2017
Neymar1095:
The earlier we realise the whites are superior to the blacks the better because racism will never stop.

What? Are you crazy?
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by makahlj2: 7:43am On Oct 17, 2017
Ajicold:
I don't blame them o, most ladies want to be white this days

I don't understand, how would anyone want to look like Albino? Whites resemble dead people, and white skin looks diseased. Phew!
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by makahlj2: 7:49am On Oct 17, 2017
ajl:

Superior! I am sure that's what you are teaching your kids, if you have one. Please talk for yourself. Their collective circumstances may give them superior advantage but that's not the same as being intellectually superior. Their present circumstances is a result of decades of evil and non-evil perpetuations. At some point in the past, people of colour ruled this world but no condition is permanent.

Seconded. I can confirm that most white Americans are insanely dumb and ignorant.

1 Like

Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by makahlj2: 7:54am On Oct 17, 2017
salford1:

The whole point is that the white woman is more attractive due to her skin colour.

Why don't you marry an Albino? She has the same "attractive" skin color

1 Like

Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by DJperdurabo: 8:20am On Oct 17, 2017
chloride6:
They sell a skin lightening product,how do you expect them to exhibit the potency of their product?

I don't see any body lashing white people at the beach trying to get a tan.

Isn't that "racism " in your own terms.

Lighten your skin if you want to lighten your skin abeg.

Black is beautiful , black is beautiful, why don't you paint your house black?

What is appealing to everyone is different.

You don't get it!

It's not about the product that folks are concerned about but the subliminal message passed across in advertising it. This concern is all the more warranted given that the firm in question has a history of doing this.

Well, I don't live there hence can't truthfully say I know what they are feeling but I do know that "he who wears the shoes..." you know the rest.
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by shumuel(m): 9:40am On Oct 17, 2017
dominique:

shocked you don't see what ? Don't defend Dove joor, even a kid would understand that pix.

It simply means: ''Bleach your black skin to white ''undecided grin
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by Ajicold(f): 9:48am On Oct 17, 2017
makahlj2:

I don't understand, how would anyone want to look like Albino? Whites resemble dead people, and white skin looks diseased. Phew!
lol..dead people?
Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by expozey(f): 10:03am On Oct 17, 2017
emsheddy:
You nailed it bro. And that's why I keep asking, how did I end up as a Nigerian! Its sad and pathetic. We have lost modesty, patience, calmness amongst other endless list of things. Seems God is not even interested in naija matter again. Our prayers for changes ain't getting answers.
I think God might become interested when we the people show enough interest and determination to get things done, and right too. The nations we envy are a result of the hardwork of their citizens. We must also strive to do the same. God will not come down from heaven, as He has given us all that pertains to life and rightful living. My two cents

1 Like

Re: Model Lola Ogunyemi Speaks Out On Racist Ad, Says Ad was Misinterpreted by mikolo80: 9:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
Venerable612:

This is a very interesting quote. I don't think Racism is something we can do away with, but I suppose it's more mental now than physical.
yes you can. Just start fixing Your Own shit and you win respect. But as long as we keep struggling to enter white man's land.. ... They will remain superior to us

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tailor Told Lagos Lady That Her Clothe Was Missing... / This Plus-Size Male Mannequin Got People Talking / Student Burnt While Contesting For Mr University Of Nigeria In Enugu Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.