Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,343 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money (26849 Views)

My Restructuring Plan For Nigeria / Valentine: 'Atiku My Val' Trends On Twitter (Photos) / Pendulum By Dele Momodu: Between Buhari And Atiku, My Candid Forecast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by okerekeikpo: 4:50pm On Oct 15, 2017
This is just to tell you that this criminal called Atiku doesn't even know what restructuring means
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:

Day never break for your side.
Read the memo: We are tired of you people and you will accept whatever we wish you to have or go and join your Nigerien brothers. This generation will not tolerate your bs anymore.
You have no allies anywhere Middle belt, South East, South South, South West are all against your stealing, backwardness laziness and arrogance.
The North has no cards to play. NONE.
LOL. Let me hear from you when the 'Restructuring' is done grin
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by YelloweWest: 5:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
vedaxcool:
grin grin grin here to watch Igbos cry and suffer deep disappointment. The guy they were hoping will channel their hatred through have let them down hard or should I say bigly
Lol. I'm not igbo but u are a parasite

1 Like

Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by Iamzik: 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2017
Nigeria is only united by oil money.

Take away oil and watch one Nigeria crumble

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by Nobody: 5:43pm On Oct 15, 2017
I wud've supported Fayose but the Yorubas here done make me change mind.
Atiku2019
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by Ujpest: 5:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
Iamzik:
Nigeria is only united by oil money.

Take away oil and watch one Nigeria crumble
I agree with you, once oil is gone, every region won't waste time in accepting restructuring... And then the oil producing states won't have much to fall back on... It's sad.
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by Charly68: 5:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
Which of this people is trustworthy? We remember PTDF cash saga,Coga and Privatisation brouhaha..what story is the man trying to tell us again..? I think the IBO's and Yorubas better wake up to present a formidable candidate who can come over to turn things around not all this bunch of clueless rulers
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by blacknp(m): 5:59pm On Oct 15, 2017
ColonelDrake:
You will find a needle in a haystack first, before you see an Hausa Fulani that will restructure Nigeria. Unfortunately, the two fucckked up party have ceded the presidential slot to the north. we are at the mercy of these backward herdsmen. oh lawd
Go and restructure your life by going back to school to equip yourself for society,only a Fool and Lazy Man believes the Federal Government will make you comfortable,what ever happened to the States and Local Government?

According to the Land Use Act which is an integral part of the Constitution of The Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 as amended all land in each state except the Federal Capital Territory is held in custody by the Governor for the People,the scripture says even the King benefits from the fruits of the Land. If you are hungry today please blame your state governors,they are very happy to deceive the blind.

If you are been blinded by ethnicity and religion I am sorry for you. Two wrongs don't make a right,even if President Buhari is biased like you claim which I doubt. Does that mean you won't thrive to move Nigeria forward?is Nigeria President Buhari's property?

Very funny how fast you people forget that just 3 years ago President Buhari was a laughing stock amongst you,you peeps bragging that he was a failure because he had lost elections repeatedly,until be defeated that ogogoro hat wearing man that let the People of the Niger Delta down.

i'll be hard pressed if you believe President Buhari cares how you and ipob stiff necked Babylonians feel but as a Good and Wise Leader the President must be accomodating.

At best Five years from now he will be out of power so let's live for the moment.
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by GODWIN78(m): 6:07pm On Oct 15, 2017
so for your mind the northerners ,are entitled for the Presidency 2019 ,you all have seen, why this country, will never know peace until we go our separate ways, that,s why they want to kill our director, just for saying the glaring truth,
nnamdi kalu, will live long,to see Biafra,
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by ZaraGift: 6:12pm On Oct 15, 2017
IamaNigerianGuy:
What is this one saying ?
This statement will go down in history as the day Atiku lost his chance to claim the presidency.
Oga it is not Nigeria's oil money. It belongs to the oil producing states which generously share it with Nigeria.
Bloody northern parasites are all the same.

What do you want his to do since the federal government have attacked his business
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by GODWIN78(m): 6:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
we ain't going name vote come 2019,if at all election will hold,cus I,don't. see it,
Biafra all the way.
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by CioAngels(f): 6:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
With what is happening now and Atiku coming to be voted for, i have my reservation about him. He is talking about restructuring and others to buy the south and some north, that is, if we are wise as things are. if he wins, he will start another story by then it will be permanent one chance. They are one, speak in one voice, even the killing of none Fulani's, the northerners supported they supported the fulani herdsmen to kill, we should think twice.
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by billyG(m): 6:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
Jolar101:

And so? Calling you afonja does that signify hates? Indigenous People Of Biafra don't hates any afonja. Person no dey jock with afonja again?
so na joke?u loves afonjas wih all ya heart.
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by PAJUN: 7:15pm On Oct 15, 2017
Let all the state seeks God intervention over restructuring issue
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 15, 2017
life2017:
Former vice president Atiku Abubakar has reacted to a disclosure by World Bank president, Jim Yong Kim, that President Muhammadu Buhari sought the institution’s support for Northern states.

In a Facebook post on Saturday, Atiku stated that news of assistance to Nigerians by international organisations was commendable.

The Waziri Adamwa said he’s “glad to hear the President of the World Bank Group, Jim Yong Kim and the IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde reiterate some of the points I’ve made recently in the ongoing conversations on restructuring as it relates to investing more in human capital, infrastructure, education for our people, etc.

“I’m also glad to learn of the work both organizations are doing, in partnership with the Federal Government to boost and stabilize our economic growth.”

Atiku, however, shared a link of a speech titled ‘Restructuring for a united and progressive Nigeria’ he deliveredat the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN).

It reads in part: “My vision of Restructuring, will not make some States richer and others poorer. Restructuring is a win win for all Nigerian states.

“So let me make it clear beyond any possible doubt: the Restructuring I am proposing will not reduce the share of our nation’s oil revenues that any state currently enjoys. However, if we are to grow our revenues we need to change the way we think of our resources and nurture them for the benefit of all.]

“Let us start by not thinking as if our resources consist only of oil. Oil is not infinite. In fact, within the industry, the oil majors and multinationals are looking for ways to further invest in alternative energy because, in the next 10-20 years, the proportion of the energy market share that fossil fuels hold will shrink and almost vanish even as that of alternative energy is set to rise dramatically.”

Meanwhile, Governor of Borno State, Kashim Shettima, has risen in defence of President Buhari.

Shettima said 5 governorsn including 3 from the South, were present when Buhari​ ​in July 2015,​ ​asked Kim​ ​to support rebuilding of the Northeast which has suffered massive destruction​ ​as a result of Boko Haram insurgency,

http://dailypost.ng/2017/10/14/atiku-reacts-buharis-call-world-bank-focus-northern-nigeria/amp/

angry

United States Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee
Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations
Investigations Subcommittee Holds Hearing on Keeping Foreign Corruption Out of the United States: Four Case Histories
Thursday, February 4, 2010
WASHINGTON – Corrupt foreign officials and their relatives have used gaps in U.S. law and the assistance of U.S. professionals to funnel millions of dollars in illicit money into the United States, an investigation by the Senate’s Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations has found.

“For the United States, which has so much riding on global stability, corruption is a direct threat to our national interest,” said Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., subcommittee chairman. “That’s why the United States is engaged in a relentless, worldwide battle to stop the flow of illegal money into and within places like Iraq and Afghanistan. Laundered money is used to train and provide support for terrorists and terrorism. If we want to credibly lead efforts to stop illegal money abroad, we’ve got to stop it here at home as well.”

A 330-page bipartisan report to be released by Levin and subcommittee ranking member Sen. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., at today’s hearing shows that politically powerful foreign officials, and those close to them, have found ways to use the U.S. financial system to protect and enhance their ill-gotten gains. The report exposes how those powerful individuals – known internationally as “politically exposed persons” or PEPs – have used the services of U.S. lawyers, lobbyists, real estate and escrow agents, and other professionals who currently have no obligation under U.S. regulations to establish anti-money laundering (“AML”) programs, know their customers, or evaluate the source of funds transferred into the United States. Banks, in contrast, are subject to AML obligations and for the most part have honored them. But glaring gaps have undermined the overall effectiveness of U.S. AML laws.

Four Case Histories. The report presents four case histories, each with multiple stories exposing the tactics being used by PEPs to use our financial system to protect and enhance their illicit funds. They include the following:

• $110 Million. Teodoro Obiang, the 40-year old son of the President of Equatorial Guinea, is currently under investigation by the Justice Department for corruption and other misconduct. Between 2004 and 2008, Mr. Obiang used U.S. lawyers, bankers, and real estate and escrow agents to move more than $110 million in suspect funds through U.S. bank accounts, including $30 million to purchase a residence in Malibu and $38.5 million to purchase an aircraft.

• Third Party Accounts. Mr. Obiang used shell company, attorney-client, and law office accounts controlled by his attorneys to bring suspect funds into the United States and conduct transactions through U.S. banks without their knowing of his activity, including at banks that had made it clear they did not want his business.

• Lost Escrow Business. An escrow agent who refused to complete the purchase of a $38.5 million Gulfstream jet without information on the source of the funds being supplied by Mr. Obiang, lost out to a competitor willing to complete the transaction with no questions asked.

• $18 Million Through Lobbyist Account. Omar Bongo, President of Gabon for 41 years until his death last year, and his eldest son, Ali Bongo, Minister of Defense until he took his father’s place as President of the country, amassed substantial wealth while in office, amid the extreme poverty of its citizens. In 2006, $18 million in funds from Gabon were wired to the U.S. corporate bank accounts of a U.S. lobbyist who then distributed the funds within the United States and across the globe as directed by President Bongo in connection with two projects to support his regime, buying U.S.-made armored cars and C-130 military cargo planes. Among the funds the lobbyist distributed was $9.2 million which he wire transferred to an account for President Omar Bongo – not in Gabon – but in the country of Malta.

• $1 Million Shrink Wrapped. In 2007, President Omar Bongo brought $1 million in shrink-wrapped $100 bills into the United States under cover of diplomatic immunity without declaring the cash to U.S. authorities as required by law. His daughter, who told her bank that she was an unemployed student, deposited the cash in a U.S. safe deposit box and later into her bank account.

• U.S. Trust Accounts. President Ali Bongo’s wife formed a U.S. trust under her maiden name, and used the trust to open U.S. bank and securities accounts in California.

• Offshore Wire Transfers. Jennifer Douglas, a U.S. citizen and the fourth wife of Atiku Abubakar, former Vice President and former presidential candidate in Nigeria, helped her husband bring more than $40 million in suspect funds into the United States from 2000 to 2008, through wire transfers from offshore corporations. The Securities and Exchange Commission has alleged in a 2008 civil complaint that Ms. Douglas received $2.8 million in bribe payments from a German conglomerate, Siemens AG, which has acknowledged making the payments.

• Arms Dealer. Pierre Falcone, a notorious Angolan arms dealer with a history of run-ins with the law and who is currently serving a 6-year prison sentence, had open access to more than 30 U.S. bank accounts in Arizona for 18 years.

• Central Banker. Aguinaldo Jaime, former head of the Central Bank of Angola, tried twice to transfer $50 million in Angolan government funds to a private account in the United States, only to have the transfers reversed by U.S. financial institutions who became suspicious. The corruption concerns raised by his actions caused Citibank to close all accounts for Angolan government agencies and to close down its office in Angola.

• Private Angolan Bank. Banco Africano Investimentos (“BAI”), a $7 billion private Angolan bank which caters to PEPs, gained access to the U.S. financial system through HSBC in New York, despite troubling information about its ownership and failure to provide a copy of its anti-money laundering policies and procedures.

Recommendations. To combat the abuses, the report makes several recommendations, including:
•World Bank PEP Controls. Implementing stronger controls on PEP accounts as laid out in a recent World Bank report, including by requiring banks to use reliable databases to screen clients for PEPs, requiring beneficial ownership forms for bank accounts so hidden PEPs are exposed, and conducting annual reviews of PEP accounts to detect suspicious activity.
•Beneficial Owners. Requiring U.S. corporations to identify their beneficial owners, in order to thwart the use of shell companies with hidden PEP owners.
•Ending Exemptions. Ending the exemptions Treasury granted in 2002 to the Patriot Act’s anti-money laundering requirements, so that real estate and escrow agents will have to know their customers, evaluate the source of their funds, and turn away suspect clients. Also requiring Treasury to instruct banks to subject attorney-client and law office accounts to greater oversight and stop their use to shield PEPs from scrutiny.
•Immigration and Visa Criteria. Toughening immigration and visa rules to make foreign corruption a legal basis for barring entry into the United States and for removing PEPs already here. Increasing law enforcement support for Presidential Proclamation 7750 to identify corrupt foreign officials who should be barred from the United States.
•Stronger FATF Recommendations. Encouraging U.S. professional organizations to issue anti-money laundering and anti-corruption guidance to their members.

“Stopping the flow of illegal money is critical, because foreign corruption damages civil society, undermines the rule of law, and threatens our security,” said Levin.
Media Contact
Tara Andringa, 202/228-3685
Print
Email
Related Issues
•U. S. Practices Contributing to Foreign Corruption
•Shell Companies

Google map of the Dirksen Senate Office Building
U.S. Senate Committee on Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs
340 Dirksen Senate Office Building
Washington, DC, 20510
(202) 224-4751
Get Directions
Contact The Committee Privacy Policy
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by Ahmedhussain3463: 7:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
bakynes:

History will forever remember the founding fathers of Igbo origin, Azikiwe, Ironsi and Nzegwu as the originator of Nigeria's problem. They will never admit it to it but that is the truth. Their greed by truncating a working system to suit them is what we are suffering for now in the hands of the Northerners.
lol.bt d south easterners will never accept this, they will tell u is nt an igbo coup.i swear that coup was the genesis of nigeria problem that coup was not needed at all.
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
Then, my support for you Atiku, is over.

There is no hope in sight, I thought there was hope for Nigeria.

Since I see no possible hope and no candidate understands how to make all States autonomous economically and technologically, I am no longer interested in visiting the Politics Section.

Being here is a waste of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by bakynes(m): 8:04pm On Oct 15, 2017
Ahmedhussain3463:
lol.bt d south easterners will never accept this, they will tell u is nt an igbo coup.i swear that coup was the genesis of nigeria problem that coup was not needed at all.
They claim it was not an Igbo coup but a coup dominated by Igbos, masterminded by Igbos with only other tribes as foot soldiers should be called what? Help me ask them.

Their original plan was to lay siege in all 3 regions and take over power but why was no single gun shot heard in the Eastern region but they lay siege in the 2 other regions, killing their premiers and top military leaders? Help me ask them.

Why did Zik choose to travel on his vacation around that time and was due to return home weeks before the coup and never returned? Well we already know Ifeajuwa (one of the masterminders of the coup) was his cousin.
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by chuks34(m): 1:20am On Oct 16, 2017
Well, according to my own view about this situation looking at it from a good point of view, and also making sure I do not offend other people or contradict their opinion, what I want
to say is that...I don't know what to say
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by okenta2017: 1:23am On Oct 16, 2017
ColonelDrake:
You will find a needle in a haystack first, before you see an Hausa Fulani that will restructure Nigeria. Unfortunately, the two fucckked up party have ceded the presidential slot to the north. we are at the mercy of these backward herdsmen. oh lawd

The north is not only Hausa/Fulani. There are many presidencial materials in the north that are not Hausa/Fulani,

They are intelligent and they don't make noise. When they get the ticket all these stupid noise about we the north

will stop.
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by okenta2017: 2:14am On Oct 16, 2017
Bede2u:
greed because we know business? Lol u guys have a twisted mentality. Why i am happy is that ur views doesnt reflect the views of ss peeps. That is why since 1960 we have been voting in similar patterns with ss guys and generally formed strong ties of politics, business, religion and marriage.
Its only a matter of time and the old eastern and midwestern regions will unite again.
Dont forget edo and delta peeps regected to be in western region and formed their own region with zik's NCNC winning most seats. And with an igboman osadebey becoming first premier

I am happy and proud to be Igbo from SS whatever any body says about Igbo is his own personal opinion., so speak for your state and

Person A lot of people don't seem to understand that Igbo is in both SE and SS. Sometimes you people don't reason

Like human. When good luck was in power his support base was were..

1 Like

Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by okenta2017: 3:22am On Oct 16, 2017
NtoAkwaIbom:

there is a difference between leading and dominating, If he shows some exemplary skills by coordinating others to work well, and thinking about others welfare, everyone will love to celebrate him, but if he cuts corners, snitches on the others, dies extra things to get the boss to give him special treatment.. then at the end of the dat he will end up dominating while the rest will hate him.

every ethnicity loves the Yoruba, they are just easy goin, the don't see themselves as better than every other person, and dey don't wish to dominate... the problem with the northerners is that they are quick to anger.. all regions will happily side with Yoruba because dey know that there's some form of equality there and dey don't spend time hating on others as we know who.

Go knows I will happily fight and kill, and train my posterity and every Ibibio person I see to never ever allow the Ibibio Nation to be merged with You guys, do in essence, I don't need your friendship 1 single bit... so you guys can start by readjusting your maps to include just ur five States... so that you guys can stay there and dominate only yourselves.

this is 2017, the world does not do Domination and superiority. Negotiation and Diplomacy are the words of the era.

I am happy you are saying all these so that all those youth jumping up and down for Biafra should know where they stand.

If we the old men had told them to restrict themself to their own people they will throw abuse at us. We know the

roll every tribe played during the war. When Odili was campainig for governorship in rivers, these same people

Swore that an Igbo man will never be a governor in river state but odili won. Most of these people who shout

SS up and down don't even know the tribes that makes up south south. They keep thinking that IIgbos are only in

SE. I am proudly an Igbo man from SS. If you don't want an Igbo man to become a president and you are sure you are from

SS which I doubt. I will advice you to go and get your voters card and let see how it plays out. Some of

the tribes you describe and their way you portrayed shows you still have to learn more.about Nigerian

people.. You should be talking about restructuring that will include resources controll to the federating

State and not whose ass you will prefer to lik.
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by nnamdivijay(m): 3:54am On Oct 16, 2017
When the Igbos don't like the hausa and fulanis and vise vasa what would they do that will be good in their eyes
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by TVTKOKO(m): 5:15am On Oct 16, 2017
Atiku.. Atiku... Atiku o k oo

Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 16, 2017
billyG:

so na joke?u loves afonjas wih all ya heart.
Like I said, Indigenous People Of Biafra are peace loving Biafrans. We are only demanding for referendum not virus.
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by orisa37: 7:47am On Oct 16, 2017
This is a plan to reexploit and recoup more resources from the ss.
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by billyG(m): 8:16am On Oct 16, 2017
Jolar101:

Like I said, Indigenous People Of Biafra are peace loving Biafrans. We are only demanding for referendum not virus.
bros,hate speech is worst than virus!
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by Nobody: 8:17am On Oct 16, 2017
life2017:
Restructuring actually mean different thing to different persons.

It does not.

Wen we say restructure, we know what we mean.
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 16, 2017
billyG:

bros,hate speech is worst than virus!

Especially the one Buhari used to massacred unarmed Electorates and copper. Even the one of 97% and 5%. Oh I will make this country ungovernable - Buhari, after 2011 election.
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by BakireBulmaker: 9:58am On Oct 16, 2017
ColonelDrake:

Let them have at least 8 years na...

One day, oil will no longer be cash cow. Nigeria will restructure at all costs. smiley
Re: Atiku: My Restructuring Does Not Involve Change In Current Sharing Of Oil Money by somehow: 10:23am On Oct 16, 2017
During this period the south held sway, why did they not restructure? It's easy to blame others!
ColonelDrake:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidential Poll: Buhari Asks Tribunal To Grant Access To Inspect Materials / Buhari Used Ministerial List To Distract Nigerians – Atiku’s Spokesman / Seeking For Investors Abroad Waste Of Time, Obi Tells FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.