Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

To The Atheists Only. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To The Atheists Only. (1362 Views)

Discussion For Nairaland Atheists Only. / Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. / Why Do The Atheists Bother If They Don't Believe? Here Is Why. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To The Atheists Only. by Martinez19(m): 1:44pm On Oct 15, 2017
Have you noticed that some people who have escaped the shackles of religion still, at times, apply the religious mindset of stubbornness and deafness to certain aspects of their lives even upholding things just because it pleases them. Let me give you some examples.

I had a friend, who is a fellow atheists, back then who was into MMM. I tried educating him on the danger of ponzi schemes but he was just stiffnecked, arrogant and certain on his participation with MMM. Despite the fact that I have researched on the topic of ponzi schemes and I was willing to share my source of information(my evidence) with him. But for where, he later lost #950000 and was weeping. I asked myself is this not somebody who bashes christians for believing in something without evidence? Here I am giving you the evidence for the scam of ponzi schemes are you are here saying being stiffnecked.

I had a cousin, an atheist, who I stayed with when he started smoking weed. I tried showing him the scientific study that weed could cause poor cognitive outcomes in the adolescent brain but he said it's bullshit. The most stupid thing he said was that people like fela, bob marley, snoop lion smoke weed and nothing happened to them. This is almost analogous to the logical fallacy of appealing to authority. Thirteen months later, he started complaining of certain mental problems which I warned him of. A cheer disregard of evidence by an atheist.

In a nut shell what I am saying is that the same critical thinking and logic we used to escape the facade of religion should be applied in all aspects of our lives because it seems that, generally, humans love to stick to ideas that makes them feel good and can go to any length to stand on it.

Critical thinking, logic, reasoning and evidence all the way.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: To The Atheists Only. by Martinez19(m): 1:49pm On Oct 15, 2017
HopefulLandlord, hahn, HardMirror, 1Sharon, Johnydon22, akintom, adepeter2027, segunojo866, catfishbilly, 0temAtum, deicide, Niflheim, dalaman, Ranchhoddas
Re: To The Atheists Only. by akintom(m): 2:48pm On Oct 15, 2017
The erroneous definition of atheism, is largely responsible for the conflict of thoughts, When it comes to perceptive expectations from persons labeled as atheist.

Really, nobody can be called an atheist. Because that would suggest a philosophical or ideological or conceptual entity.

The "RESPONSE" to the UNSUBSTANTIATED claims of existence of Gods, is what originated the label - atheist.

Since atheistic "response", isn't ideological nor conceptual nor philosophical, the "responder" can't have existential status.

So, someone can hold atheistic response, but infirmed of decency, reason and empathy in relating with other aspects of life.

My opinion!

1 Like

Re: To The Atheists Only. by Martinez19(m): 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2017
akintom:
The erroneous definition of atheism, is largely responsible for the conflict of thoughts, When it comes to perceptive expectations from persons labeled as atheist.

Really, nobody can be called an atheist. Because that would suggest a philosophical or ideological or conceptual entity.

The "RESPONSE" to the UNSUBSTANTIATED claims of existence of Gods, is what originated the label - atheist.

Since atheistic "response", isn't ideological nor conceptual nor philosophical, the "responder" can't have existential status.

So, someone can hold atheistic response, but infirmed of decency, reason and empathy in relating with other aspects of life.

My opinion!
hmmmmmm.
Re: To The Atheists Only. by superhumanist(m): 3:32pm On Oct 15, 2017
akintom:

My opinion!

Sir, I did not ask you to burst my brain with grammar this morning. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: To The Atheists Only. by superhumanist(m): 3:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
You are right bro.

Atheism means that you have escaped the shackles of believing in sky daddies. It does not mean that you have escaped other delusions.

5 Likes

Re: To The Atheists Only. by Jesuschrist419: 10:23am On Oct 16, 2017
superhumanist:
You are right bro.

Atheism means that you have escaped the shackles of believing in sky daddies. It does not mean that you have escaped other delusions.
grin sky daddies.

1 Like

Re: To The Atheists Only. by Jesuschrist419: 10:33am On Oct 16, 2017
Martinez19:
Have you noticed that some people who have escaped the shackles of religion still, at times, apply the religious mindset of stubbornness and deafness to certain aspects of their lives even upholding things just because it pleases them. Let me give you some examples.

I had a friend, who is a fellow atheists, back then who was into MMM. I tried educating him on the danger of ponzi schemes but he was just stiffnecked, arrogant and certain on his participation with MMM. Despite the fact that I have researched on the topic of ponzi schemes and I was willing to share my source of information(my evidence) with him. But for where, he later lost #950000 and was weeping. I asked myself is this not somebody who bashes christians for believing in something without evidence? Here I am giving you the evidence for the scam of ponzi schemes are you are here saying being stiffnecked.

I had a cousin, an atheist, who I stayed with when he started smoking weed. I tried showing him the scientific study that weed could cause poor cognitive outcomes in the adolescent brain but he said it's bullshit. The most stupid thing he said was that people like fela, bob marley, snoop lion smoke weed and nothing happened to them. This is almost analogous to the logical fallacy of appealing to authority. Thirteen months later, he started complaining of certain mental problems which I warned him of. A cheer disregard of evidence by an atheist.

In a nut shell what I am saying is that the same critical thinking and logic we used to escape the facade of religion should be applied in all aspects of our lives because it seems that, generally, humans love to stick to ideas that makes them feel good and can go to any length to stand on it.

I still remember telling my senior cousin that mmm is dangerous but the guy shouted at me referring to me as a small kid that knows nothing. The funny thing is that my cousin is a pastor. I warned him but he still put 884,000 naira in MMM after investing that money the following week MMM froze participant account. My brother come and seeing fasting and praying, I couldn't sleep at night because my cousin was busy fighting demons for his frozen mmm account. After loosing all that money the same guy invested in another ponzi scheme called Ghw that crashed in July. What a pity that people don't learn from mistakes

6 Likes

Re: To The Atheists Only. by Martinez19(m): 10:44am On Oct 16, 2017
Jesuschrist419:
I still remember telling my senior cousin that mmm is dangerous but the guy shouted at me referring to me as a small kid that knows nothing. The funny thing is that my cousin is a pastor. I warned him but he still put 884,000 naira in MMM after investing that money the following week MMM froze participant account. My brother come and seeing fasting and praying, I couldn't sleep at night because my cousin was busy fighting demons for his frozen mmm account. After loosing all that money the same guy invested in another ponzi scheme called Ghw that crashed in July. What a pity that people don't learn from mistakes
I observed that, normally, human being can be stubborn in believing things that suits them or make them comfortable despite evidence and warning, not just in religion but in other aspects of life.

1 Like

Re: To The Atheists Only. by Jesuschrist419: 12:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
Martinez19:
I observed that, normally, human being can be stubborn in believing things that suits them or make them comfortable despite evidence and warning, not just in religion but in other aspects of life.
yes boss.
Re: To The Atheists Only. by Deicide: 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2017
Haha Nice thread grin And also true
Re: To The Atheists Only. by HardMirror(m): 7:40am On Oct 21, 2017
Martinez19:

I love this topic. Athiests should be logical in all, not just religion

1 Like

Re: To The Atheists Only. by hopefulLandlord: 7:43am On Oct 21, 2017
HardMirror:

actually religious people are very logical in everything except their preferred religion

3 Likes

Re: To The Atheists Only. by HardMirror(m): 7:45am On Oct 21, 2017
superhumanist:
You are right bro.

It would be foolish to exclusively be free from religious fantasies and remain illogical in other Mathers of life. Mmm and the 2014 ebola outbreak really exposed Nigerians for the "illiterates" they are.
Funny how everyone was bathing with brine even doctors and nurses did. What a shame
Re: To The Atheists Only. by HardMirror(m): 7:48am On Oct 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

actually religious people are very logical in everything except their preferred religion
I disagree. Religious people are making mostly illogical in many things, being a ripple effect of their religious beliefs

1 Like

Re: To The Atheists Only. by adepeter2027(m): 7:51am On Oct 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

So true
Re: To The Atheists Only. by hopefulLandlord: 8:06am On Oct 21, 2017
HardMirror:

I disagree. Religious people are making mostly illogical in many things, being a ripple effect of their religious beliefs

what I mean is that as much as they illogically chose their belief, they tend to employ more skepticism in other issues especially issues not influenced by religion

1 Like

Re: To The Atheists Only. by Jesuschrist419: 8:31am On Oct 21, 2017
HardMirror:

https://www.nairaland.com/4107900/atheists-christians-muslims-deists-all#61280906 check this guy link about our beliefs
Re: To The Atheists Only. by akintom(m): 9:25am On Oct 21, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

what I mean is that as much as they illogically chose their belief, they tend to employ more skepticism in other issues especially issues not influenced by religion
Based on my studied observation, religious conditioning traps most faith adherents, from formative years. Therefore, the illogical behavior, permeates significant areas of their life.

Albeit, this observation can only be understood by folks, who are knowledgeable in this area and know how folks vacillate within conscious and unconscious spectrum of awareness.
Re: To The Atheists Only. by AHCB: 10:45am On Oct 21, 2017
HardMirror:

logic is something not many people are good at, be them atheist or theist.
Re: To The Atheists Only. by Martinez19(m): 7:39pm On Oct 21, 2017
HardMirror:

It would be foolish to exclusively be free from religious fantasies and remain illogical in other Mathers of life. Mmm and the 2014 ebola outbreak really exposed Nigerians for the "illiterates" they are.
Funny how everyone was bathing with brine even doctors and nurses did. What a shame
people where even chewing kola nuts. Lol
Re: To The Atheists Only. by superhumanist(m): 8:51pm On Feb 10, 2018
akintom:

Based on my studied observation, religious conditioning traps most faith adherents, from formative years. Therefore, the illogical behavior, permeates significant areas of their life.

Albeit, this observation can only be understood by folks, who are knowledgeable in this area and know how folks vacillate within conscious and unconscious spectrum of awareness.

Whats up?
Re: To The Atheists Only. by akintom(m): 10:52pm On Feb 12, 2018
superhumanist:

Whats up?
am good.
Re: To The Atheists Only. by superhumanist(m): 8:36am On Feb 13, 2018
akintom:
am good.

I thought you left nairaland
Re: To The Atheists Only. by akintom(m): 10:28pm On Feb 14, 2018
superhumanist:

I thought you left nairaland
nope. Still much around.

(1) (Reply)

JUST IN: Popular Nigerian Pastor Shot Dead In Port Harcourt Two Days / Christianity Encourages The Slave Mentality Of Black People / Plea For A Christian Moderator For A Christianity Section

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.