Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,722 members, 7,809,746 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

FG Ordered To Pay Actress, 2 Others N18m For Arresting And Tagging Them Prostitu - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / FG Ordered To Pay Actress, 2 Others N18m For Arresting And Tagging Them Prostitu (541 Views)

Uche Maduagwu: I Made N18m Last Year, Sold My Car To Build A House / Cubana Chief Priest Slams DJ Cuppy For Tagging Him On Pictures / Jude Okoye Celebrates P-Square's 36th Birthday With Cartoon Without Tagging Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Ordered To Pay Actress, 2 Others N18m For Arresting And Tagging Them Prostitu by IamDaniella: 3:13pm On Oct 15, 2017
FG ordered to pay actress, 2 others N18m for arresting and tagging them prostitutes

The Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS, Court sitting in Abuja, on Thursday, ordered the FG to pay N18million to Nollywood actress, Dorothy Njamenze and two other ladies whose rights it held were grossly violated by security operatives in 2011.

According to a report by Vanguardngr, the other ladies the regional court ordered FG to compensate are Justina Etim and Amarachi Jessyford. It ordered FG to pay the trio N6m each for their unlawful arrest and detention after they were declared as prostitutes in Abuja.

Justice Friday Chijoke Nwoke who delivered the lead judgment, said the ECOWAS court was satisfied that the plaintiffs were humiliated and dehumanised after they were arrested in an operation that was carried out by a joint task force that comprised of military men, police and officials of the Abuja Environmental Protection Board who claimed to have acted on FG’s directive.

The court declared their arrest as arbitrary and unconstitutional, noting that the security operatives failed to prove that the plaintiffs were commercial sex workers.

More so, the court held that FG’s action by declaring the three ladies as prostitutes, amounted to gross violation of their rights to dignity since they were only arrested for being outside in the late hours.

The ECOWAS Court agreed with counsel to the plaintiffs, Mr. Bolaji Gabari that there was no law in the Nigerian statute book prohibiting women from being outside in the late hours.

Meanwhile, reacting to the judgment, the actress, Njamenze, who wept uncontrollably at the end of the proceeding, expressed her appreciation to the court for giving her justice.

She expressed optimism that with the judgment, the government would reconsider some laws and policies that are discriminatory to women.

See photos at➡ https://www.linjust.com.ng/fg-ordered-pay-actress-2-others-n18m-arresting-tagging-prostitutes.html
Re: FG Ordered To Pay Actress, 2 Others N18m For Arresting And Tagging Them Prostitu by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 15, 2017
Lobatan. This Buhari sef
Re: FG Ordered To Pay Actress, 2 Others N18m For Arresting And Tagging Them Prostitu by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 15, 2017
Please let that money come out directly from Buhari's pocket.
He can't be using taxpayers money to settle his inefficiencies
Re: FG Ordered To Pay Actress, 2 Others N18m For Arresting And Tagging Them Prostitu by danieljessy: 3:21pm On Oct 15, 2017
case was adjourned since 2011 smh undecided
Re: FG Ordered To Pay Actress, 2 Others N18m For Arresting And Tagging Them Prostitu by NwaAmaikpe: 3:23pm On Oct 15, 2017
shocked

Okay,
The detectives may not be so far from the truth because

My grandfather told me,
All actresses are pröstitutes and
All pröstitutes are actresses.

Because they can assume any role as long as you pay them.

I'm happy for the actresses for securing such a great judgement yet sorry for them because the Nigerian government NEVER obeys court orders.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Ordered To Pay Actress, 2 Others N18m For Arresting And Tagging Them Prostitu by abelprice(m): 3:24pm On Oct 15, 2017
Are dey going to get paid cos we know buhari and his administration.... undecided undecided..
Re: FG Ordered To Pay Actress, 2 Others N18m For Arresting And Tagging Them Prostitu by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 15, 2017
tongue
Re: FG Ordered To Pay Actress, 2 Others N18m For Arresting And Tagging Them Prostitu by peterphd(m): 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Okay,
The detectives may not be so far from the truth because

My grandfather told me,
All actresses are pröstitutes and
All pröstitutes are actresses.

Because they can assume any role as long as you pay them.

I'm happy for the actresses for securing such a great judgement yet sorry for them because the Nigerian government NEVER obeys court orders.

Where have you been?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Amara And Husband Kanu Nwankwo Fit It Out In New Picture / See Why The Statue Of Fela Kuti In Lagos Is Headless / Banky W Looses Money To Scammers, The Amount Is Huge!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.