Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

I Dey Disapointed- No Nigerian Player In The Africa 11 In Glo Caf Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Dey Disapointed- No Nigerian Player In The Africa 11 In Glo Caf Award (790 Views)

Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet / 2013 Glo-CAF Awards (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Dey Disapointed- No Nigerian Player In The Africa 11 In Glo Caf Award by Nobody: 10:35pm On Mar 11, 2010
I DEY DISAPOINTED- NO NIGERIAN PLAYER IN THE AFRICA 11 in glo caf award

WAITING DEY DO NIGERIA PLAYERS
Re: I Dey Disapointed- No Nigerian Player In The Africa 11 In Glo Caf Award by MrCrackles(m): 11:00pm On Mar 11, 2010
ActiveMan:

I DEY DISAPOINTED- NO NIGERIAN PLAYER IN THE AFRICA 11 in glo caf award

WAITING DEY DO NIGERIA PLAYERS

Ask Amodu. . . . .
Re: I Dey Disapointed- No Nigerian Player In The Africa 11 In Glo Caf Award by Nobody: 11:24pm On Mar 11, 2010
no award for Nigeria embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: I Dey Disapointed- No Nigerian Player In The Africa 11 In Glo Caf Award by hustla(m): 12:07pm On Mar 12, 2010
where the list dey?
Re: I Dey Disapointed- No Nigerian Player In The Africa 11 In Glo Caf Award by enomakos(m): 2:28pm On Mar 12, 2010
which nigerian player go de there,man to tell u the truth we did not have good players as we use to
Re: I Dey Disapointed- No Nigerian Player In The Africa 11 In Glo Caf Award by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 12, 2010
African Footballer of the Year 2009
Didier Drogba (Chelsea and Cote d’Ivoire) - Winnner
Michael Essien (Chelsea and Ghana)
Samuel Eto’o Fils (Inter Milan and Cameroon)

Any player of African origin playing within or outside Africa and excels above all in terms of achievement and performance during the year under review. The following is the basic criteria:
- The performance of the player at national and international levels
- The consistency of his performance
- His sports achievements
- His charisma and influence
- His popularity

Best African player on the continent 2009
Uche Agba (Heartland FC and Nigeria)
Mputu Mabi (T.P. Mazembe and DR Congo) - Winner
Abdelmalek Ziaya (Entente Setif and Algeria)

Any player of African origin who plays on the continent. His performance is based on either in the continental club championships (CC and CL), African Nations Championships, local championships among others.

National Team of the Year 2009
Algeria - Winner
Cote d’Ivoire
Ghana

Any national team to have excelled and performed exceptionally above all. Must have qualified for a major competition during the year under review and achieved the ultimate as well.

Club of the Year 2009
Heartland FC (Nigeria)
Stade Malien (Mali)
T.P. Mazembe (DR Congo) - Winner

The topmost club in the continental club championships (CC and CL) and must have exhibited high playing standard, tactical and technical play as well as fair play.

Young Player of the Year 2009
Dominic Adiyiah (AC Milan and Ghana U-20) - Winner
Kermit Erasmus (Feyenoord and South Africa U-20)
Sani Emmanuel (Bodens BK and Nigeria U-17)

The Young Player of the Year must be Under 23 years. He must show exceptional qualities and achieve an extraordinary feat with his club or national team in major competitions.

Coach of the Year 2009
Diego Garzitto (T.P. Mazembe)
John Obuh (Nigeria U-17)
Sellas Tetteh (Ghana U-20) - Winner

The coach of the Year is rewarded to any coach working in association with an African team. It may be a non-African coaching an African team, national team or club. He must have guided the team to a major feat in a major championship during the year under review.

Best Supporters Club
South Africa Supporters Club - Winner

The most behaved supporting group of either a national team or club side. The group must exhibit sportsmanship of the highest standard as well as fair play in their activities. They must also spur on the club or team to a major championship success.

CAF Best XI
Goalkeeper – Muteba Kidiaba (T.P Mazembe and DR Congo)
Defenders – John Pantsil (Fulham and Ghana), Nadir Belhadj (Portsmouth and Algeria), Wael Gomaa (Al-Ahly and Egypt)
Midfielders – Alexander Song (Arsenal and Cameroon), Michael Essien (Chelsea and Ghana), Seydou Keita (Barcelona and Mali), Yaya Toure (Barcelona and Cote d’Ivoire)
Attackers – Tresor Mputu (T.P. Mazembe and DR Congo), Samuel Eto’o (Inter Milan and Cameroon), Didier Drogba (Chelsea and Cote d’Ivoire)

It is made up of the best 11 players on the field of play.
A player is named in the CAF Best XI based on his performance for his club and country in all competitions locally and internationally during the year under review. He must have been the most exceptional in a particular position on the field of play and his contributions to the cause of his team must be exemplary.

African Legend Award
Stephen Keshi (Nigeria)
Jules Bocande (Senegal)
Osvaldo Saturnino de Oliviera “Jesus” (Angola)

It is an award given to a retired footballer who has achieved a legendary fame during his playing career and after hanging up his boots.

Fair Play Award
Al Hilal fans - Winner

Is an award given by CAF to players who performed fair play in their games or were involved in a specific incident of fair play or the spectators were given for their good behaviour for a long period of time.

Platinum Award
His Excellency John Evans Atta Mills – President of the Republic of Ghana

It is an award given to the head of state of the hosting country

http://www.cafonline.com/football/news/4943-glo-caf-awards-2009-criteria-and-results.html
Re: I Dey Disapointed- No Nigerian Player In The Africa 11 In Glo Caf Award by PurestBoy(m): 4:27pm On Mar 12, 2010
This is injustice done to us just because our Presido is sick. Mikel Obi should be in the list instead of Song and Obafemi too should be there. Chei!, this is injustice oo

(1) (Reply)

World's Oldest Marathon Runner, 100, Reveals Secrets Of His Success / Arsene Wenger Is Lining Up A Second Move For West Brom's Peter Odemwingie / Fifa Happy With Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.