Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Alaafin Of Oyo Confirms Otunba Gani Adams As The New Aare Ona Kakanfo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo Confirms Otunba Gani Adams As The New Aare Ona Kakanfo (594 Views)

Why Alaafin Of Oyo And Aare Ona Kakanfo Can't Stay Together- Gani Adams / Installation Of Gani Adams As 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo Of Yoruba In Pictures / Gani Adams Steps Out Of Seclusion To Be Installed As Aare Ona Kakanfo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alaafin Of Oyo Confirms Otunba Gani Adams As The New Aare Ona Kakanfo by Hardekunlaay(m): 11:31pm On Oct 15, 2017
It was joy today at the palace of the Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III as the monarch announced the founder of Oodua Progressive Union, Otunba Gani Adams as the Aare Ona Kakanfo.
Late business mogul and acclaimed winner of the 1992 presidential election, MKO Abiola, was the last occupant of the office.
With the announcement, Adams becomes the 16th person to occupy the position.
Personal Assistant to Otunba Adams, Mr. Segun Akanni, confirmed the news about 7p.m on Sunday, saying ‘we just received the appointment letter this evening’.
Also, the OP’C leader in a telephone chat with Independent said he was happy to be honoured with the prestigious Yoruba traditional title.
It became obvious at the weekend, during activities lined up to mark the 79th birthday the foremost Yoruba traditional ruler, that Oba Adeyemi had made up his mind to bestow Otunba Adams with the traditional title.
On Saturday, Oba Adeyemi was overheard referring to the OPC leader as the new Are Ona Kakanfo of Yorubsland at an event which took place at the historic Atiba Hall, Oja Akesan, Oyo.
Particularly, the foremost Yoruba traditional ruler was seen pointing to Otunba Adams as the new Are, while welcoming Chief Abiola Ogundokun to the event.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Confirms Otunba Gani Adams As The New Aare Ona Kakanfo by Aol360: 11:34pm On Oct 15, 2017
The title seems too big for Gani Adam's profile.

Chief Adams is no doubt an achiever but the title is specially designated for a figure that has conquered the whole yoruba race like the Abiolas. Although I can only conclude it is a welcoming development as the position now has an occupier but I hope people's perception of him doesn't make mockery of the highly esteemed position and I equally hope he beef up to meet up expectations of the Aare of Youruba Land!
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Confirms Otunba Gani Adams As The New Aare Ona Kakanfo by Tolexander: 2:28am On Oct 16, 2017
Aol360:
The title seems too big for Gani Adam's profile.

Chief Adams is no doubt an achiever but the title is specially designated for a figure that has conquered the whole yoruba race like the Abiolas. Although I can only conclude it is a welcoming development as the position now has an occupier but I hope people's perception of him doesn't make mockery of the highly esteemed position and I equally hope he beef up to meet up expectations of the Aare of Youruba Land!
Abiola conquered Yoruba race?

how?
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo Confirms Otunba Gani Adams As The New Aare Ona Kakanfo by DanseMacabre(m): 5:36am On Oct 16, 2017
Hahahahahahahaha. Frederick Fasehun would have sleepless nights over this, though I strongly doubt the veracity of this information.

(1) (Reply)

Ondo Monarch Raises Alarm Over Threats On His Life / Justice In Ancient Yorubaland / Ex Ghanian President John Darama Pay Ooni Of Ife Courtesy Visit At His Palace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.