Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,381 members, 7,822,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Wait For Me - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Wait For Me (550 Views)

THE LONG WAIT / Don't Wait For Me / The Sex Wait (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wait For Me by lalaponcus(m): 3:49pm On Oct 16, 2017
I could tell you to trust in me.
Tell you, in my baritone voice, that I would take care of your fees.
Tell you to confidently take the jamb form without any fear of tomorrow.
Tell you to forgo any thoughts of going to stay under a master with the purpose of learning a skill.
Tell you that you are precious to me like my children because you are my brother's child.

I could tell you to wait for me.

Tell you to bring down the lever and shut the gates of your heart.
To keep loving a fragment of me embedded in still pictures and in short memories embedded in your mind.
To keep remembering the taste of our first kiss at Elegushi beach while the waters washed on our bare feet.
To keep remembering the sound of my infectious laughter whenever you ticked my ribs.
To never forget the sight of me bending on one knee, placing a diamond studded ring in your fingers and hoisting your waist high while our friends laughed hysterical.
To never forget that I swore on everything to make you my queen for all ages and to make your home, my lair till I die.

I could tell you to wait for me.
But I will fail you at most times.

Fail you because of the fact that I am a human being.
One that may not be able to control every circumstances that occurs to me.
One who can easily be swayed by the changing social and economic tides that rock the nations.
One who can easily replace the good memories with new ones.
One that can easily fall into the snare of other people's even though I have taken the best precautions.

I could tell you to walk with me.
But I am afraid that I will run away when you need me the most.
For a mortal man cannot carry another man's load on his head and drag his by the hands.
For a mortal man cannot open his eyes wide and watch as another man brings a needle close to it.
For a mortal man cannot in good faith cook a pot of pounded yam for you while he sets a bowl of garri in front of his children.
For a mortal man cannot in good faith leave his wife and kids in crocodile-infested waters while he ferries you across to safety.
For a mortal man cannot in good faith pray that you take first position in class while his child languishes in second position.
For a mortal man cannot raise his fists to fight a military man for your sake if you are not related to him or have anything to offer.
For a mortal man will be content with feeding you but will cringe at the thought of loosing his job just so you can be employed in his firm.

Wait on Jesus instead ore mi.
Him, who can never leave or forget you at anytime.
Him, who has loved you and will continue to love you for eternity.
#Bashorun

Okontas.com

(1) (Reply)

DIY Guide: How To Write A Press Release / God's Perfect Child By Chrysanthemum / Flee! (Flash fiction)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.