Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

“APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki (33410 Views)

Just In: Abayomi Ayeola Lagos Reps Member Is Dead / Osun Election: APC Is Like An Orphan Struggling In Ife – Babajide Omoworare / Aisha Buhari Returns From UK, Says Buhari is Happy With Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

“APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by ChangetheChange: 5:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
In an interview with Daily Trust newspaper, Nigeria’s senate president Bukola Saraki spoke on some of the issues facing the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) party as well as speculations that he is grooming his son to become governor of Kwara state just as his own father groomed him.

Saraki said:

The party is drifting and not a rallying point for members. There is “no APC member that will tell you he is happy with the state of affairs of the party.” He said a ruling party should definitely see more activities than is presently happening with the APC.
The issues in the party are not as a result of any crisis but relate to “the administrative aspect and the national to provide leadership in driving the party.
The party is running out of time.

He argued that the reasons why there are lots of speculations that his spirit is no longer in the APC is because the party is docile and dormant. “If the party goes back to what we all know it to be, holding NEC, and having caucus meetings, spirit and no spirit things will stop.”

On whether his emergence as senate president contributed to weakening the party, Saraki said: “The last meeting the party held with regard to the zoning of the national officers, senate president was zoned to north central. It was after that the party started to do different things, shifting its position. The point I’m making is that that’s over two years. Is that the reason why the party cannot move ahead? My own point is that the executive of party just needs to wake up and start managing the party.”

On rumoured moves to groom his son to become Kwara governor, Saraki said there is no such plan. “I am sure my son doesn’t even want to hear politics at all. You know it is not easy for children who are born to politicians especially in this time. When I was much younger, we were insulated from some of the political issues because well, we didn’t read the newspapers, we didn’t know what was happening. I reluctantly went into politics, go and check. Once or twice I was given the form to run for House of Reps, I remember I just travelled and turned off my phones and disappeared for months. After seeing what my father had been through, I thought to myself that this is not for me.”

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/i-m-not-grooming-my-son-for-kwara-saraki.html

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by eezeribe(m): 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
Party that was established on lies and selfish interests would not only drift apart but crumble like a pack of cards...

174 Likes 18 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by PointZerom: 5:07pm On Oct 16, 2017
Good news

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by temitemi1(m): 5:10pm On Oct 16, 2017
Nigerians are not happy too...

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by BreezyCB(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2017
People are not happy

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by Nbote(m): 5:22pm On Oct 16, 2017
How can dey b happy wen all d govt do is lie and all d party do is defend d lies and at a point members can't kip up with d lies and have used up all d lies.. If members are not happy u can den Imagine if Nigerians are

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by LUGBE: 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2017
Is well, how can any of you be happy, when your alleged change is fraud

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by bedspread: 6:02pm On Oct 16, 2017
grin
Heaven and hell HAS DISOWNED u all

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by eleojo23: 6:02pm On Oct 16, 2017
No Nigerian is happy with the state of the country.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by ekems2017(f): 6:02pm On Oct 16, 2017
APC!!!!!! CHAIN

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by mickeyenglish(m): 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
U don't mean it!! APC?? drifting?? Eehn, u sef turn Vin Diesel drift along with them na.. No be fast and furious 2019 ona dey rehearse.. Bunch of driftkings..

Post No Bill

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by NwaAmaikpe: 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
shocked

My dear friends Sarrki and Madridguy are happy.
Despite being owed at BMC since February.

That is what we call Unflinching Loyalty.

128 Likes 15 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by sKy007: 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
Only the cabal and CPC members are happy
ACN, ANPP and nPDP are the ones not happy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by mccoy47(m): 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
Saraki has always been PDP at heart!

On rumoured moves to groom his son to become Kwara governor, Saraki said there is no such plan. “I am sure my son doesn’t even want to hear politics at all.

7 Likes

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by TheKingIsHere: 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
You are wrong.

The ignorant zombies like sarrki and omenka are very happy with what is happening.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by fatymore(f): 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
Yes no one is happy.. But Just tell us you are stylishly trying to decamp to PDP...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by Ibrahim9090: 6:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
Space Booked

1 Like

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by blackbeau1(f): 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
So?
Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by designer01(m): 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by 1Rebel: 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
grin
Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by udejiga17(m): 6:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
When deciet is the other of the day...who go happy...all of u are bunch of failures

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by fSociety: 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
Sai baba

2 Likes

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by Nwadina77: 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
U are indirectly telling us that the govt of Buhari is drifting n clueless. Many of us already know that

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by EmekaBlue(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
There is no joy as d chief dullard remains up there

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by greatiyk4u(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
Who cares
Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by admax(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
Lol....says the man that started the whole back biting game!

APC was formed to wrestle power from PDP (Best decision ever) but they weren't ready to rule.

I can't wait for 2019!

5 Likes

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by jiinxed: 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
cheesy

1 Like

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by NigerDeltan(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
Ghen ghen
Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by brainpulse: 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
Because it's not corruption as usual

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by Youngadvocate(m): 6:05pm On Oct 16, 2017
Is this one a surprise?

Which sane Nigerian expects APC to last longer? A party that was a child of the circumstance; a circumstance which met the forceful desperation of the North and the greed of Southern political elites especially from the West; a party which eventually ascended to power through unprecedented stretch of blood-spilled, radical propaganda.

But I am sure, the north who are by far more politically crafty than our Southern political elites are already seeking alternative platform to ensure power is retained in the North.

With APC decimated, they may be turning over to the PDP who're to have a Northern candidate for the Presidential election in 2019. In as much as the President comes from the North, they're satisfied.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: “APC Is Drifting; No Member Is Happy” – Saraki by DaudaAbu(m): 6:06pm On Oct 16, 2017
mccoy47:
Saraki has always been PDP at heart!

and he is part of the reason APC is drifring apart

He expects free looting and enhanced constituency peojects

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Banky Wellington To Contest House Of Reps Seat Under PDP / Top Nigeria Customs Officers Enmeshed In Multi-billion Corruption Scandal / Why We Haven’t Released El-zakzakky – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.