Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

Health: My Personal Experience With Sleep Deprivation - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health: My Personal Experience With Sleep Deprivation (452 Views)

Stay Away From Drugs. I Lost A Friend & My Personal Story (How I Almost Died) / My Experience With Sleep Paralysis / Why Sleep Deprivation Is Dangerous To Your Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Health: My Personal Experience With Sleep Deprivation by NgHealth(m): 10:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
To have a perfect health one must have a balanced sleep routine. Sleep is that naturally healthy method to remain sane in today’s crazy world.

Being part of a crazy world means one must sometimes despite our best judgement make unhealthy choices just to make ends meet.

As a health blogger I am well aware of the dangers of sleep deprivation especially when extended over a very long period.

But even the best of us sometimes fail not because of lack of knowledge but because of that natural tendency to take risk even when it means putting our health at jeopardy.

So, for some days now I have been burning the night candle, trying to meet deadlines at the expense of my health.
And one bad consequence that has become quite obvious is the decline of my mental health.

In summary.

I feel very distracted
Always confuse and forgetful
While there are other consequences when it comes to sleep deprivation, the mental area is what I am mostly concerned with.

I mean, my mind kept drifting off and taking too much time to recollect things. I had become even more less productive.
And these symptoms were all I needed to STOP!

Now I am on the journey to recovery. Taking afternoon nap is part of the recovery process as well while my 8 hours night rest remains a top priority.

Our health depends on how much time we give to our beds and I am writing this, so that you know its not worth it, loosing sleep so as to cover more work miles.

Eventually you will become the opposite of production even as you face a serious mental decline.

Stay healthy by sleeping healthy and all shall be well with your mental health.

http://naturallyhealthytalk.com/2017/10/14/health-my-personal-experience-with-sleep-deprivation/

(1) (Reply)

The Cure For Hepatitis B And C That You Didn't Know...{with Pic} / Nigeria Ranks 10th With Over 20 Million Obese Adults And Children / What's A Male Desensitizer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.