Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,005 members, 7,953,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:59 AM

Delta State Should Learn From Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State Should Learn From Lagos State (665 Views)

Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South / What Lagos APC Should Learn From Osun Election.pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta State Should Learn From Lagos State by tonzo(m): 12:22am On Oct 17, 2017
I want to pour out my mind about both States. I am a lagosian by birth and a Deltan by Origin.I love Delta and Lagos state.
Lagos state has transformed from a crown colony city into a mega city.The state has produced governors that have become famous for their giant strides. lateef jakande is known for creating a master plan for Lagos and also rapidly building affordable housing estates. burba maruwa known to have introduced tricycle aka keke maruwa as means of transportation and also invested in real estate .
Bola Tinubu known for his vast wealth of administration. he opened the new Lagos cities lekki,ajah,ikorudu,magodo,ikotun etc
Tinubu is known for his dexterity in anointing square pegs in square holes.fashola is known for the famous brt transport service,completion of the teslim balogun stadium, completion of the lekki ikoyi suspension bridge,construction of lekki express wayetc.Ambode rapidly transforming Badagary,constructing over 200 roads within s short time in office.Lagos is on the right part to a mega city.Lagos state has successfully created an environment that allows the private sector to drive the paste of the economy.
eko oni baje

Delta state is an oil rich state in Niger delta.The state has all the resources to surpass the success story of Lagos but ,the leaders and pattern of leadership has negatively delayed the infrastructural development of the state.

contractors handling projects in delta state need to have a change in attitude.Roads are poorly constructed and sometimes abandoned by contractors.contractors claim that the terrain of the state makes it difficult to construct standard roads.A very big lie cos the roads late governor ogbemudia of the defunct bendel state constructed are still motorable.upper erediawa,warri-npa road etc.

Delta state is one of the few states to have several higher institutions yet the government cannot harness the pool of wealth within its reach.When a government employs qualified graduates into the civil service another government will boot them out into the streets. most of the oil and gas jobs in Delta are contract jobs,qualified deltans are left to face the Shylock community leaders to get a job.after paying huge sums to get a contract job that might last within 1-3years,the hopeless employee is desperate to grab all he can grab ,after all its a contract job that comes to an end sometimes unannounced. While the permanent jobs are secured by none deltans from Lagos where most oil companies have their headquarters.

Delta state used to be a very neat state in the early 90s.presently, heaps of garbage can be sighted in popular highways within the metropolis. ie jakpan junction, effurun sapele road,some parts of DSC express way etc.

Delta state has a seaport,two air ports,a petroleum training institute and a petroleum university, stadium in all its local government, crude oil and excess gas,palm kernel,rubber trees, timber,steel company etc
.Yet,economically the state is stagnant.

we need to put Delta state on the road map to giant strides.The government, the citizens ,the community heads ,the civil servants,the legislative arm etc all have to have a change in attitude .

Delta state has all it takes to become an industrial hub and a centre of tourism and entertainment.
enough of the old slogan 'warri no dey carry last'

#Reformed Delta
#warri no dey lazy

bevudemana@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Delta State Should Learn From Lagos State by Shawnnn01: 1:03am On Oct 17, 2017
Plus OP Delta state is one of the top three major oil producing state in the country. The noise maker from the red mud enclave should learn how tactical the OP was not making senseless noise about resource country which is 100% the right of every NigerDelta.

Thank you for letting other Nigeria know that state governors should be the catalyst to grow their state. The FG can only try so much. How I wish crude oil derivatives could be uncreased to at least 40%, this would have been the most noble thing Ebele would have done for the NigerDelta.

Obasanjo from 0 brought about 13% derivates, if Jonathan had lobbied with the majority PDP in both Assemblies and brought it up to 25% there would be more wealth for the Niger Delta governors to loot and possible do something meaningful. This is not to say NigerDelta can not be successful with the 13%. We all can attest to the competition btw Amechie vs Akpabio in the last dispensation.

Can anyone tell me what all the NigerDelta governors are doing now. No one as anything remarkable to show. They keep lambasting Buhari like it is not under this same Buhari Lagos, Gombe, Kebbo are doing what we are seeing.

2 Likes

Re: Delta State Should Learn From Lagos State by Freeworldbutfre: 6:20am On Oct 17, 2017
tonzo:
I want to pour out my mind about both States. I am a lagosian by birth and a Deltan by Origin.I love Delta and Lagos state.
Lagos state has transformed from a crown colony city into a mega city.The state has produced governors that have become famous for their giant strides. lateef jakande is known for creating a master plan for Lagos and also rapidly building affordable housing estates. burba maruwa known to have introduced tricycle aka keke maruwa as
means of transportation and also invested in real estate .
Bola Tinubu known for his vast wealth of administration. he opened the new Lagos cities lekki,ajah,ikorudu,magodo,ikotun etc
Tinubu is known for his dexterity in anointing square pegs in square holes.fashola is known for the famous brt transport service,completion of the teslim balogun stadium, completion of the lekki ikoyi suspension bridge,construction of lekki express wayetc.Ambode rapidly transforming Badagary,constructing over 200 roads within s short time in office.Lagos is on the right part to a mega city.Lagos state has successfully created an environment that allows the private sector to drive the paste of the economy.
eko oni baje

Delta state is an oil rich state in Niger delta.The state has all the resources to surpass the success story of Lagos but ,the leaders and pattern of leadership has negatively delayed the infrastructural development of the state.

contractors handling projects in delta state need to have a change in attitude.Roads are poorly constructed and sometimes abandoned by contractors.contractors claim that the terrain of the state makes it difficult to construct standard roads.A very big lie cos the roads late governor ogbemudia of the defunct bendel state constructed are still motorable.upper erediawa,warri-npa road etc.

Delta state is one of the few states to have several higher institutions yet the government cannot harness the pool of wealth within its reach.When a government employs qualified graduates into the civil service another government will boot them out into the streets. most of the oil and gas jobs in Delta are contract jobs,qualified deltans are left to face the Shylock community leaders to get a job.after paying huge sums to get a contract job that might last within 1-3years,the hopeless employee is desperate to grab all he can grab ,after all its a contract job that comes to an end sometimes unannounced. While the permanent jobs are secured by none deltans from Lagos where most oil companies have their headquarters.

Delta state used to be a very neat state in the early 90s.presently, heaps of garbage can be sighted in popular highways within the metropolis. ie jakpan junction, effurun sapele road,some parts of DSC express way etc.

Delta state has a seaport,two air ports,a petroleum training institute and a petroleum university, stadium in all its local government, crude oil and excess gas,palm kernel,rubber trees, timber,steel company etc
.Yet,economically the state is stagnant.

we need to put Delta state on the road map to giant strides.The government, the citizens ,the community heads ,the civil servants,the legislative arm etc all have to have a change in attitude .

Delta state has all it takes to become an industrial hub and a centre of tourism and entertainment.
enough of the old slogan 'warri no dey carry last'

#Reformed Delta
#warri no dey lazy
My brother our leader in Delta State is caused. They have made the youth dumb.

bevudemana@yahoo.com
Re: Delta State Should Learn From Lagos State by juman(m): 6:22am On Oct 17, 2017
They need another set of leaders to govern delta state.

Ibori and his gang have nothing tangible to offer the state.
Re: Delta State Should Learn From Lagos State by xtianh(m): 6:34am On Oct 17, 2017
A very wonderful post OP. This is an eye opener for all of us. Our states can be better if the available resources no matter how small it is can be well harnesed and managed by the state governors.

This is the time to turn back to our state governors and ask them necessary questions.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Delta State Should Learn From Lagos State by tonzo(m): 11:41am On Oct 17, 2017
Shawnnn01:
Plus OP Delta state is one of the top three major oil producing state in the country. The noise maker from the red mud enclave should learn how tactical the OP was not making senseless noise about resource country which is 100% the right of every NigerDelta.

Thank you for letting other Nigeria know that state governors should be the catalyst to grow their state. The FG can only try so much. How I wish crude oil derivatives could be uncreased to at least 40%, this would have been the most noble thing Ebele would have done for the NigerDelta.

Obasanjo from 0 brought about 13% derivates, if Jonathan had lobbied with the majority PDP in both Assemblies and brought it up to 25% there would be more wealth for the Niger Delta governors to loot and possible do something meaningful. This is not to say NigerDelta can not be successful with the 13%. We all can attest to the competition btw Amechie vs Akpabio in the last dispensation.

Can anyone tell me what all the NigerDelta governors are doing now. No one as anything remarkable to show. They keep lambasting Buhari like it is not under this same Buhari Lagos, Gombe, Kebbo are doing what we are seeing.
my brother we need to ask our governors lots of questions.
Re: Delta State Should Learn From Lagos State by tonzo(m): 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
I pray delta Will get it right in 2019

(1) (Reply)

Which Nigerian Political Party Will Produce The Next President? / Zamfara Governor Spends N500 Million On Gusau Emir’s New Palace / You Are Crude, Hungry And Uncultured: FGGP Blasts Femi Fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.