Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed (23036 Views)

Offer As A Credit Officer: Please What Does It Really Involve? / Should He Accept The Job Offer Or Not? / I Stay In Ph, A Graduate, Pls I Need A Job, I Am Going Crazy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Welcomme: 9:46am On Oct 18, 2017
tishbite41:
dem don curse dis one walahi. Kai
How do u mean?
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by slumcat(m): 9:50am On Oct 18, 2017
nerodenero:
A fool at 40 is a fool forever. Your brother just confirmed this saying.
@izaray: what caught my attention most is your reaction to this Dimwit's comment who called your older brother a fool.

I expected you to lash out at him but you didn't.
You're slow to anger and that is a rare trait that most people lack. God bless your good heart.

I hope your brother takes the job, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush...

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by chieni(f): 9:50am On Oct 18, 2017
probably the pay is not OK for him
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by makunbernardjohn: 9:51am On Oct 18, 2017
Please need to get any form of employment urgently; full time, part time, contract or volunteers. Just need to do something and be leaving home. I hold HND in mining engineering, PGD education and PGD environmental planning and protection.I'm based in Abuja/Nasarawa.
Whatsap: 08185692296

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by tishbite41(m): 9:56am On Oct 18, 2017
Welcomme:
How do u mean?
I'm referring to d person who u quoted.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Welcomme: 9:58am On Oct 18, 2017
tishbite41:
I'm referring to d person who u quoted.
Forget that crazy idiot. Leaving certainty to uncertainty. Some people mumu too much.

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by jospepper(m): 10:01am On Oct 18, 2017
nerodenero:
16-1(your post)=15 posts/people agreed the decision he took wasn't right and 15 people can't be wrong.

The OP never mentioned that the dude was presently working and the way she sounded, it showed she was bothered that her brother was being selective unnecessarily and might not get another opportunity like that anytime soon. She needed advice on how to persuade him to have a change of heart, the reason she brought the news here.

I believe you now know you are the fool here since you can't reason logically, oh I forgot, you are LastMumu!
I disagree with your conclusion because the crowd is not always right. Many times people especially on Nairaland tend to build on the opinion of the first person to comment. Because many people are in support of something does not always mean it is right.

2 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by GhanaMustGoo: 10:04am On Oct 18, 2017
Papiikush:

There is a yoruba adage which says.

Put your yam on fire while searching for a knife (Eyan ma'n fi isu si ina wa òbę)

Which means you should have something doing while searching for a better offer instead of staying idle.

That's not the correct interpretation of the saying
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by ogbonti: 10:13am On Oct 18, 2017
EnEnPeecee:
but FRSC is not recruiting ooo abi you just dey find front page or is it the regular trademark that has characterized the Nigerian nepotistic job system

No advert yet some body just got an offer. This BUHARI government na wao

I beg chop yam leave the kanda....how do you know they are not hiring within inner caucuses?
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by izaray(f): 10:28am On Oct 18, 2017
slumcat:

@izaray: what caught my attention most is your reaction to this Dimwit's comment who called your older brother a fool.

I expected you to lash out at him but you didn't.
You're slow to anger and that is a rare trait that most people lack. God bless your good heart.

I hope your brother takes the job, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush...
Amen, thanks dear, that is human being for you, majority dn't kno how to address people in public places, even though its a faceless forum. Do you kno dat someone just corrected me on d spelling of maneuver And instead of him to have politely called my attention as an educated person he claimed to be. Rather, he decided to say it in an aggressive and insulting way as if i care. My dear if you follow every comment on social media, you will just end up hurting urself for nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Acidosis(m): 10:30am On Oct 18, 2017
Your brother made a RIGHT decision.

At late 40s, he is too old to start with a SSCE result. By the time he retires from that service (in about 10 years), nothing else will work! He's retiring with the lowest of the lowest ranks.

Unless you want your brother to die a "recruit", you won't advise him to take that job. At late 40s, there's still a little energy left for him to THINK and become creative.

He should not spend the remaining active years running after traffic offenders on Federal Roads. I will never encourage a man of that age to start from the lowest cadre.. You won't know the implication until he retires without any room for a single promotion.

What do you think his roles will be throughout his years in service?? I hope you're not thinking he would get an air conditioned office in Abuja just because he's close to 50??

If you like your brother, cmon, you guys will come up with something else.

3 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by benswagtt(m): 10:35am On Oct 18, 2017
Phlakes:
can u connect me with the person that helped him, I'm also a graduate nd I will gladly take that job meant for ssce holder
please tell me u were kidding...
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by izaray(f): 10:35am On Oct 18, 2017
darkenkach:

So you are indirectly saying GEJ rendered him jobless?
Wake up jor, dnt tell me you dnt kno that the PHCN privatilization during GEJ regime rendered so many people jobless including our youths. Mostly the people at the headquarters Abj and even the zone offices. Come which planet wey u dey self You dey naija so cheesy

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by izaray(f): 10:43am On Oct 18, 2017
Acidosis:
Your brother made a RIGHT decision.

At late 40s, he is too old to start with a SSCE result. By the time he retires from that service (in about 10 years), nothing else will work! He's retiring with the lowest of the lowest ranks.

Unless you want your brother to die a "recruit", you won't advise him to take that job. At late 40s, there's still a little energy left for him to THINK and become creative.

He should not spend the remaining active years running after traffic offenders on Federal Roads. I will never encourage a man of that age to start from the lowest cadre.. You won't know the implication until he retires without any room for a single promotion.

What do you think his roles will be throughout his years in service?? I hope you're not thinking he would get an air conditioned office in Abuja just because he's close to 50??

If you like your brother, cmon, you guys will come up with something else.
Wow, tnks load. The same reasons his friends were giving to us too. His in his late 40s not 50. What a matured advice, thanks alot sir. kiss
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Horlawoomey(m): 10:48am On Oct 18, 2017
If you know your worth, you shouldn't settle for less. Unfortunately in Nigeria the saying above will not go down well with many people because a lot of things are upside down already.

I won't advice him to take the job against his will as many people today are working in shitty places because of the fear of poverty and hunger, people go to where they don't like, doing what they detest and will keep on checking on the clock every minute before closing. That is an horror that can happen to a human who has an average of 65years to live on earth.

He should focus on what he can do with his hands, talent or abilities and not just what will bring food to his table, something he can do without much stress, something that will give him fulfilment even when no one is there to praise him. Everybody deserve to be happy.I go with his logic, a lot of us are just being lazy.

3 Likes

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Rozaytee: 10:58am On Oct 18, 2017
leave am Na by d time hunger go wiyer am... him go know... at 40 still jobless and choosy... ok na
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Acidosis(m): 11:05am On Oct 18, 2017
izaray:
Wow, tnks load. The same reasons his friends were giving to us too. His in his late 40s not 50. What a matured advice, thanks alot sir. kiss
You're welcome my sister. Even if all available options fail, I think you've made commendable steps. I'm proud of you

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by TEYA: 11:26am On Oct 18, 2017
nerodenero:
16-1(your post)=15 posts/people agreed the decision he took wasn't right and 15 people can't be wrong.

The OP never mentioned that the dude was presently working and the way she sounded, it showed she was bothered that her brother was being selective unnecessarily and might not get another opportunity like that anytime soon. She needed advice on how to persuade him to have a change of heart, the reason she brought the news here.

I believe you now know you are the fool here since you can't reason logically, oh I forgot, you are LastMumu!
I quite agree with LastMumu, you are actually a fool. He graduated long ago, accepting an entry level job for a graduate is bad enough let alone for a secondary school graduate. Not everyone will do that. LastMumu is very right about your foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by izaray(f): 11:30am On Oct 18, 2017
chieni:
probably the pay is not OK for him
Yea, i think the pay should be 40k accepting it as an ssce holder, then with his Bsc, maybe 120k, it would have been much better with an ND. But his a uni graduate not Polytechnic, and his a family man. Tnks dear.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by rayobaba(m): 11:51am On Oct 18, 2017
ultimate73:
Tell him not to accept it, a better offer will come before he clocks 70.

Alai nikan se
Epic, i don laff en !

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by mikehelp: 11:53am On Oct 18, 2017
He should never collect the job,better be late than never
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Olalekanbanky1(m): 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
nerodenero:

Mr man wetin concern u? I still see no reason why u shud call him a fool. Are u d one feeding him or he begs for money from u?

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Olalekanbanky1(m): 12:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
EnEnPeecee:
but FRSC is not recruiting ooo abi you just dey find front page or is it the regular trademark that has characterized the Nigerian nepotistic job system

No advert yet some body just got an offer. This BUHARI government na wao

Dey there dey wait for advert bros

1 Like

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Phlakes(f): 1:26pm On Oct 18, 2017
onyeawka80:
U may regret later. Trust me. U will be frustrat
ed.
it's better than sitting at home atleast
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Phlakes(f): 1:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
benswagtt:
please tell me u were kidding...
I'm serious
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by onyeawka80(m): 1:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
Phlakes:
it's better than sitting at home atleast
Sure dats for d short run. trust me on the long run u wuld be frustrated and want to jump out. its a long time not just a contract job.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Phlakes(f): 1:41pm On Oct 18, 2017
onyeawka80:
Sure dats for d short run. trust me on the long run u wuld be frustrated and want to jump out. its a long time not just a contract job.
I understand but you know its just frustrating when u have no job
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by Owenmarvis(m): 1:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
Phlakes:
can u connect me with the person that helped him, I'm also a graduate nd I will gladly take that job meant for ssce holder
ooh my God na so joblessness of Nigeria reach? May God help us
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by onyeawka80(m): 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2017
Phlakes:
I understand but you know its just frustrating when u have no job
sure! but not for a career job like the military and its like. I knw much abt dem
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by mechanics(m): 2:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
Maybe the age limit is the problem, for one to get a fresh federal job at that age won't be easy o, because govt will want to start with someone not too old, so he may not tell you the actual problem.
Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by oyejideogunjumo: 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2017
izaray:
A brother of mine got a very good chance yesterday, but rejected the job offer, due to his higher qualitification.

This guy should be close to his late 40's. He was offered a FRSC job yesterday, but the job qualification was meant for an SSCE

or ND holder. And his a graduate of a university, so he rejected the offer. Saying, uniform jobs are not always easy to

man-over after accepting with a lower qualification, then later try to put in his degree, and his considering his age too.

My good people, pls wat's ur own advice on dis Knowing how difficult it is to get a good job in our coutry.
Actually it is not easy to used grade to higher strata if you get engages with a lower certificate BUT considering his age,he has made a mistake. He can get that and quit later if he gets a satisfying offer. No organisation takes people of age of his nowadays.
If not yet late let him for back pls

Re: Should He Accept The Job Offer As A University Graduate? Pls Advice Needed by SimonRose(m): 3:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
nerodenero:
A fool at 40 is a fool forever. Your brother just confirmed this saying.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Was The Condition They Gave You That Made You Reject A Job Offer? / Never Look Down On Menial Jobs / How To Be A Nurse In UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.