Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

This User Posted "My Son Smokes Marijuana". What's The Solution? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This User Posted "My Son Smokes Marijuana". What's The Solution? (428 Views)

My Son Looks Like 7up's Fido Dido, Help!!!! / Thousands Of Smokers Celebrates Annual Holiday Of Marijuana In The U.S.(Pics) / Marijuana: What You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This User Posted "My Son Smokes Marijuana". What's The Solution? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 17, 2017
As seen on yahoo answers, a yahoo user asked a question and totally got me thinking "what's the best way to prevent teens from smoking as a parent?"

This is very rampant in our society but most parents are not aware of this because of work schedule.

The question thus asks:

My son is 16, we live in a state where marijuana is legal for people 21 years old, and my son smokes weed. It started a couple weeks ago, when I found a bag of marijuana under our couch. My son told me, and still stands by that it wasn't his weed. Today I looked in his room, and I what looked like an ounce of marijuana. I confronted my son about it, and he thinks what he did is entirely okay. He says that he works hard and it's a tough at school, and marijuana helps keep the edge off. For now I've taken it away, and my son told me that he should be given the money he paid for it, or he should have it back. He's not grounded, but I told him that I don't want to know in the future if he smokes weed. Should I ground him? Or should I let him smoke marijuana?

Source: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20171012025417AAP7DpM&page=6&submit=y

Re: This User Posted "My Son Smokes Marijuana". What's The Solution? by makimberlly01(f): 3:50pm On Oct 17, 2017
Re: This User Posted "My Son Smokes Marijuana". What's The Solution? by MMA1979(f): 8:56pm On Oct 17, 2017
It is better you seat your son down and speak to him in a clam and understanding manner. Most children are influenced by peers and most time take what they see/heard in a wrong way. Grounding him is not stopping him. You are not always with him, so it it better you speak to him using example of someone/people you know who has issue while into smoking. Again, it is always good to always pray for our child/children as the society has so made it that people get carried away so easily forgetting their background. God bless you.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

When Doctors Can No Longer Help! / American Lawmaker Betty Price Wants Everyone With HIV To Die Already / We Effectively Treat Stroke, Fibroids & Arthritis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.