Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,227 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace (9090 Views)

Ramadan Beings - Sultan Declare / Saying Rest In Peace For The Dead. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Aminu212: 10:12am On Nov 08, 2017
Am afraid of surah nisah 24

Surah An-Nisa, Verse 24:
وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ إِلَّا مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ كِتَابَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأُحِلَّ لَكُم مَّا وَرَاءَ ذَٰلِكُمْ أَن تَبْتَغُوا بِأَمْوَالِكُم مُّحْصِنِينَ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحِينَ فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُم بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً وَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا

And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are (all women) besides those, provided that you seek (them) with your property, taking (them) in marriage not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.
(English - Shakir)

Explanation needed please
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by lanrexlan(m): 12:25am On Nov 09, 2017
sino:

One of the narrations states castration was what brought about the necessity for the permission, you would agree with me that castration is an extreme action to take, since sex itself isn't haram in itself. One of the narration also depicts a reasoning which a sahabah brought to explain the permission and prohibition by the Prophet (SAW).

"....Ibn Shihab said. Khalid b. Muhajir b. Saifullah informed me: While I was sitting in the company of a person, a person came to him and he asked for a religious verdict about Mut'a and he permitted him to do it. Ibn Abu 'Amrah al-Ansari (Allah be pleased with him) said to him: Be gentle. It was permitted in- the early days of Islam, (for one) who was driven to it under the stress of necessity just as (the eating of) carrion and the blood and flesh of swine and then Allah intensified (the commands of) His religion and prohibited it (altogether)..." (Sahih Muslim)
Castration is indeed an extreme case but it begs the question akhee, for how long was these sahabahs away from their wives that they were thinking about castrating themselves? Truth be told, one loves intimacy a lot, I think a or 2 weeks expedition shouldn't make any man think of castrating himself. Castration has NO cure faah.

Secondly, if mut'ah is for necessity like eating swine and alcohol, these two things are still necessities when the need arises but mut'ah isn't anymore?

sino:
All in all, the prohibition still stands.
Yes, no sunni argues this.

sino:

Well, he should be able to get you one who has been alive since the time of Ibn Abbas (ra), but i understand if you are scared sha grin
Scared ke? Do you know the meaning of my name, Zubayr? It means courageous. "Lako mo wa ni ibon" grin grin

sino:

Perhaps, and it is also possible that it was a pre-islamic practice as some claim based on history.
This is a wild guess unless you can provide evidences for it. There is no record of mut'ah during pre Islamic period that I know of.

sino:
Yeah, Umar (ra) kept terrifying and tormenting them even after he died grin grin grin
grin grin His ghost

sino:
Of course it is haram, reason I am quite amazed as to the huge promotion by the twelver shi'as who are the only group who still believe it is permitted till now, and that should raise a red flag, as well as the supposed "abuse" within their community.
Maybe and maybe not.

sino:
I watched a documentary on bbc, were they interviewed a transgender who sells his body for money in the name of mut'ah. I am not swayed by AlBaqir's arguments, because the reality and information from their books and scholars are in contradiction.
Reality and books can be in contradictions many times. Suicide bombers and the Qu'ran are in contradictions, what people see is not what is stated in the Qur'an. Same can be said with polygamy to some extent.

sino:

Here is an example:

"Salamun Alaykum,

The following question was kindly answered by Mulla Asgher.

Regards

Abbas Jaffer
Moderator - 'Aalim Network

--------------------------------------------------------------

Question:

Is it haram for a woman to make a living at mutah by marrying a man for a short period, receiving a mahr, then observing iddah and marrying another man for a short period and so on so that she is married to say half a dozen men in the year? If it is haram what makes it haram if she is observing the rules for mutah properly? And if it is not haram, does she deserve to be condemned as immoral (or do the men who marry her deserve that)?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Answer:

It is not haram for her to make a living in this way if she follows the rules of Sharia properly. Nor does she deserve to be condemned. This also applies to the men who marry her.

Wasalaam"
In all narrations, the Nabi NEVER made mut'ah a form of profession, because people have turned it into a profession doesn't make it right.

sino:

I don't know how you would understand the above, but it's very disturbing! By the way this would mean this woman would have to be in a place easily accessible to the men (are they on expedition? or maybe they are on travel...), so as to contract mut'ah with her, I wonder why we should condemn prostitution, if the above is allowed in Islam?!
Wallah, very disturbing but yet it is not a yardstick to judge the prescription in the books. The above has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the deen of Islam. You don't turn a necessity to a business making venture.

sino:

Arabs are known for their perversion, Islam came to restructure their lives, I have close relatives who have mentioned how perverted some of them can be even during the month of hajj... The reason why I said the duration of the expedition is irrelevant, the Prophet (SAW) was among them during those periods, he had better information and the divine wisdom to permit it, and I would aslo trust that divine wisdom, especially when it correlates with the Ideals Islam came to preach, when he prohibited it forever!
The Qur'an even exposed their perversion when they broke the law of 'no sex' during the nights of Ramadan. But their perversion is outta this world ooo grin So mut'ah is only for Arabs?! undecided undecided

sino:

AlBaqir mentioned that mut'ah is a solution to widows and divorced women, but he also mentioned that women can control their desires better than men, so it is still not a solution for these women, because what they need is a father figure for their children and a man to take care of their needs, but if the children keep seeing different men come in and out severally, what would that be teaching them?! And if she doesn't have children, how would changing men like clothes help her find security and comfort?!

There are so many baggage that comes with this mut'ah, but I guess it doesn't matter, once the men's desires are satisfied, it all good and dandy!
See logic! This analysis of yours made sense, and I have no reply. cheesy cheesy

sino:
Wa anta, jazakallah khayran, many thanks.
Ameen, most welcome.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by lanrexlan(m): 12:25am On Nov 09, 2017
Empiree:
And there many out there offering this common prayer "May God grant you your desires". Chai, sometimes i don't know if to say ameen to that du'a. I get confused.

BTW, Yoruba self get rich language coined in Arabic and English. "DESIRE" perfectly worded in yoruba "disaya" Di Si Aya still gives the same meaning. Incredible!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Stop joor, disaya is used for physical attributes (a woman's chest) and not the same with desire. Or am I missing something??
AlBaqir:

# Wallahi.

Qur'an says concerning the word of an infallible Prophet:

Surah Yusuf, Verse 53:

"And I do not declare myself free, most surely (man's) self is wont to command (him to do) evil, except such as my Lord has had mercy on, surely my Lord is Forgiving, Merciful."

# The fact that not every self is the recipient of that mercy, I believe many other things a put in place as gift to weaker souls. Here's an Hadith sahih in both Sunni and Shia books:

Imam Tabari documents:

"....

Al-Hakam said: " `Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, said: `If `Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, had not forbidden
mut'ah, none would have committed zina except a wretched person."

# I think am done on this thread unless my attention is called again.

Thanks for your time and maturity display. May Allah bestow you more wisdom.

Wa Salam alaykum
Wallah, I really get the aspect you are driving from, our souls aren't at the same level and same is our urges and control over lower desires.

You are most welcome dear akhee.

Allahumo ameen. I pray the same for you too

Wa alaykum Salaam Warahmatulah Wabarokatuh
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by lanrexlan(m): 12:26am On Nov 09, 2017
sino:

With this work, You fit get the six packs wey you dey been look for o wink cheesy

nb: sisters are looking for brothers with six packs nowadays o grin grin grin
Akhee, leave matter for matthias jare. No sister would prefer six packs to a 6 digits monthly salary or six cars except she is the daughter of a body builder. grin grin

So lemme hit the books and hit the ideas that would be bring money grin

2 Likes

Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 12:32am On Nov 09, 2017
lanrexlan:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Stop joor, disaya is used for physical attributes (a woman's chest) and not the same with desire. Or am I missing something??
dont let ssisiee and all other alhajas see you typed this cheesy shocked shocked

I guess someone else can clarify. Me no know other meaning o
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 12:34am On Nov 09, 2017
Aminu212:
Am afraid of surah nisah 24

Surah An-Nisa, Verse 24:
وَالْمُحْصَنَاتُ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ إِلَّا مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُكُمْ كِتَابَ اللَّهِ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأُحِلَّ لَكُم مَّا وَرَاءَ ذَٰلِكُمْ أَن تَبْتَغُوا بِأَمْوَالِكُم مُّحْصِنِينَ غَيْرَ مُسَافِحِينَ فَمَا اسْتَمْتَعْتُم بِهِ مِنْهُنَّ فَآتُوهُنَّ أُجُورَهُنَّ فَرِيضَةً وَلَا جُنَاحَ عَلَيْكُمْ فِيمَا تَرَاضَيْتُم بِهِ مِن بَعْدِ الْفَرِيضَةِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ عَلِيمًا حَكِيمًا

And all married women except those whom your right hands possess (this is) Allah's ordinance to you, and lawful for you are (all women) besides those, provided that you seek (them) with your property, taking (them) in marriage not committing fornication. Then as to those whom you profit by, give them their dowries as appointed; and there is no blame on you about what you mutually agree after what is appointed; surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.
(English - Shakir)

Explanation needed please
Thats whats being unravelled since the beginning of this thread. You gonna have to read from page 0 shocked
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 12:38am On Nov 09, 2017
lanrexlan:
s for it. There is no record of mut'ah during pre Islamic period that I know of.

Thats right. I have posted it earlier. Nana Aisha(ra) narrated the four(4) types of marriages 'pre-islam'. Mut'ah was not mentioned
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 12:44am On Nov 09, 2017
sino:

AlBaqir mentioned that mut'ah is a solution to widows and divorced women, but he also mentioned that women can control their desires better than men, so it is still not a solution for these women, .
Myself would have disagreed with him. Mut'ah is definitely not. If you watched the video i posted earlier, the Sheikh provided solution to widows and divorced women.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by AlBaqir(m): 4:26am On Nov 09, 2017
sino:

AlBaqir mentioned that mut'ah is a solution to widows and divorced women, but he also mentioned that women can control their desires better than men, so it is still not a solution for these women, because what they need is a father figure for their children and a man to take care of their needs, but if the children keep seeing different men come in and out severally, what would that be teaching them?! And if she doesn't have children, how would changing men like clothes help her find security and comfort?!

There are so many baggage that comes with this mut'ah, but I guess it doesn't matter, once the men's desires are satisfied, it all good and dandy!

lanrexlan:

See logic! This analysis of yours made sense, and I have no reply. cheesy cheesy

Empiree:
Myself would have disagreed with him. Mut'ah is definitely not. If you watched the video i posted earlier, the Sheikh provided solution to widows and divorced women.

For the record, here's my statement once again:
AlBaqir:

2. A divorcee or widow with for example 4 - 5 children, not even ready of going back into any so-called marriage which is usually gonna be polygamous. All she thinks now is herself and proper upkeep of her children. And as human being, nature demands once in a while. What is Islam solution to her problem?

# I like the moral submission you guys are trying to present here. Unfortunately, @bold on sino's comment, that was your thinking and fears.

Believe it or not, I know of these two cases below:

1. My Uncle, a Sunni Man. He lost his wife about 15 years back. He has 4 children. He's a driver with no regular income yet by fire by thunder he is supporting his children. By His Creator, he can NEVER manage another wife. Astaghfirullah, series of Zina was going on until he found an independent woman of exactly similar case like his. The woman has 5 children to take care of. Both are independent on their own. They keep on seeing each other but are not married to each other in the definition of marriage, and both have been together for ages now.

2. A Shia man. His case was like that of Sahabi Zayd and Zaynab bint Jahsh. His wife being from a well to do family does not submit and the man's income is nothing to write home about. Their home is more or less hell. They have 4 kids. It got to a stage the husband was being starved sexually for years. Family members, friends and scholars intervened at several intervals. Nothing changed. No financial muscle to support a second wife.

At the end, this man met an independent widow with 3 kids. The woman needs nothing financially, and also not a husband with set of responsibilities and obligations. Both go into Mut'ah. I have known them for more than 10 years now.

* Its easy for a widow with no kids to find a suitable husband and start afresh.

# The reality is, look through your environment, family members and other societies, those two cases or similar cases and conditions are very much alive but we keep quiet and judging them from a far.

In those two examples I cited above, the difference is one officially did Mut'ah, and one did not, but both look very much alike.

# Lastly, there's a 3 months + waiting period for woman in Mut'ah. So, its not the exaggerated "changing clothe" situation.
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 4:56am On Nov 09, 2017
^

na wa o
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by Empiree: 1:52am On Nov 11, 2017
{NEW vid} Speaking of marriage from 26 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glQhjS0rm9I
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by sino(m): 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2017
lanrexlan:
Castration is indeed an extreme case but it begs the question akhee, for how long was these sahabahs away from their wives that they were thinking about castrating themselves? Truth be told, one loves intimacy a lot, I think a or 2 weeks expedition shouldn't make any man think of castrating himself. Castration has NO cure faah.

Secondly, if mut'ah is for necessity like eating swine and alcohol, these two things are still necessities when the need arises but mut'ah isn't anymore?
I do not know how long the duration was before they asked for castration, and yes, castration is indeed and extreme action to take. Again, like the popular parlance, "konji na bastard" lipsrsealed

Why mut'ah is different is due to the statement of the Prophet (SAW) prohibiting it forever, there was no clause, it was necessity that brought about it in the first instance, therefore, prohibition becomes absolute! As already presented, Alcohol or swine are to save lives, and in our present society, I doubt you would ever need to take such....

lanrexlan:

Yes, no sunni argues this.
Indeed.

lanrexlan:

Scared ke? Do you know the meaning of my name, Zubayr? It means courageous. "Lako mo wa ni ibon" grin grin
Interesting, okunrin meta ati abo grin grin

lanrexlan:

This is a wild guess unless you can provide evidences for it. There is no record of mut'ah during pre Islamic period that I know of.
I came across it in a particular article but no reference to the source of the information.

lanrexlan:

grin grin His ghost
You can say that again grin grin grin

lanrexlan:

Maybe and maybe not.
Well, it is only the twelvers that still believe mut'ah is permissible, even other shi'ah sects say it is prohibited!

lanrexlan:

Reality and books can be in contradictions many times. Suicide bombers and the Qu'ran are in contradictions, what people see is not what is stated in the Qur'an. Same can be said with polygamy to some extent.
Which should mean there is a problem somewhere. The Qur'an teaches that when in such quagmire, return to the Qur'an and the Prophet (SAW), so the Qur'an didn't give us such permission for mut'ah, it shouldn't be implied, and we have on authentic record that the Prophet (SAW) prohibited it! What then do we seek?!

lanrexlan:

In all narrations, the Nabi NEVER made mut'ah a form of profession, because people have turned it into a profession doesn't make it right.
Yes I agree, so also being a solution to widows and divorcees, it wasn't stated as such too!

lanrexlan:

Wallah, very disturbing but yet it is not a yardstick to judge the prescription in the books. The above has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the deen of Islam. You don't turn a necessity to a business making venture.

But that is what is obtainable and publicly practiced amongst the twelver shi'as

lanrexlan:

The Qur'an even exposed their perversion when they broke the law of 'no sex' during the nights of Ramadan. But their perversion is outta this world ooo grin So mut'ah is only for Arabs?! undecided undecided

But at least, they were having sex with their wives, and the Qur'an explicitly permitted us (married) to continue because we are meant to be safe haven for each other.

Those with the Prophet (SAW) at the time of permission were most likely to all be Arabs, the reason I brought up their perversion.

lanrexlan:

Okay

lanrexlan:

Ameen, most welcome.
Ma sha Allah!
Re: Declare Them Adulterers So That You Can Rest In Peace by sino(m): 12:14pm On Nov 14, 2017
Empiree:

I see bro, I haven't watched the video o, I do have a hard time watching videos online sometimes, especially when I am at work. In sha Allah, I'll find the time to watch some of the videos you have presented here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Suggested Time-table For Ramadan / Ruling On Naming A Daughter After Her Mother / Are You Ready For Ramadan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.