Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,598 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 AM

Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. (5124 Views)

Advice Needed :is The Playstation 3 Still A Worthy Buy In 2015? / Use Your Nokia 900 To Hack The Playstation 3! / The Playstation 3 Review From An Actual Owner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 9:08pm On Mar 12, 2010
God of War III is without any doubt one of the best games you will ever play, so how is it possible that it only uses about half the power of Sony's machine?

Well, you'll have to ask the game's director for details on that. In a great interview with UGDB, GoWIII head boss Stig Asmussen spoke in-depth about the process of making this epic masterpiece, and although we keep thinking the game has pushed the PS3 to its limits (you'll think so, too, when you see it), Asmussen says they've still got a long ways to go. "Absolutely, we can do much more with it," he said. "I don’t know if we are even close to 50% of PlayStation 3’s power at this point." How nuts is that? What else could they possibly do, ? Well, as we now know, SCEA doesn't plan to inundate the shelves with God of War titles; Asmussen makes this clear again in the interview, saying he hopes Sony doesn't want them to do that. And then, after mentioning that the inclusion of a co-op multiplayer mode isn't out of the question, Asmussen was asked about the project of his dreams. His reply:

"Actually, recently I figured out what my dream project will be. As I said, I’m really inspired by Heavy Rain right now, and the one thing that Quantic had done really well is that they have succeeded to make a game appropriate for people that are 25 and plus years old. I’m not talking of just the violence and intimacy here, but for emotions and psychology – things that the older audiences are more concerned about. Right now, the industry has a big group of people that are making straight, plane games and considerable part of the market should start thinking on how to attract the older audience."

Did anybody just get chills thinking what a team like SCEA could do with the concepts and inspiration derived from Quantic Dream, ? Wow. Two very different development teams with two very different projects but both are immensely skilled, and the possibilities might be limitless. So many people have already been blown away by Heavy Rain; it's great to see it having a significant impact on other developers, too.

while Developers are yet to use the full potentials of PS3, Project Natal is eating off a whooping 30% of the XBOX 360. PS move only uses 1-2MB memory of the PS3. update, CPU usage for the PS MOVE is very Minimal and insignificant. cheesy grin

you can read the full interview here.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 9:25pm On Mar 12, 2010
Interesting, the PS3 is so ridiculously powerful that a $44 million game doesn't max it out, despite wonderous detail.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 9:37pm On Mar 12, 2010
to even say that its possible to run GOW on Xbox is a huge insult to Kratos. Try putting the disc in an Xbox, you can see Kratos ripping the Xbox from inside out. lol
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by ritchboy(m): 10:31pm On Mar 12, 2010
to even say that its possible to run GOW on Xbox is a huge insult to Kratos. Try putting the disc in an Xbox, you can see Kratos ripping the Xbox from inside out. lol

the magnitude of your ignorance is immeasurable!
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 2:52am On Mar 13, 2010
ritchboy:

the magnitude of your ignorance is immeasurable!
Cry me a RIVER grin

All my statements are Vailid, until a 360 game can reach the graphical height of Uncharted 1 which probably used only 30% of the PS3, then m sorry Xbox is as good as Crap.

When Sony said Ps3 only does everything, i had a little element of doubt, but after seeing that PS3's does wii and Natal combined with the 'MOVE' i had no choice but to believe the slogan, 'It Only Does Everything, '
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by ritchboy(m): 12:02pm On Mar 13, 2010
Kosovo
u are so clueless, i am crying you an ocean of pity.
So you believe GOW3 uses less than 50% of the ps3, and the 360 isnt powerful enough to run it. In other words, you are saying the ps3 is more than twice as powerful as the 360. . . You should be stoned to death! cheesy grin
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 2:33pm On Mar 13, 2010
ritchboy:

Kosovo
u are so clueless, i am crying you an ocean of pity.
So you believe GOW3 uses less than 50% of the ps3 and the 360 isnt powerful enough to run it. In other words, you are saying the ps3 is more than twice as powerful as the 360. . . You should be stoned to death! cheesy grin
Final Fantasy 13 answers your Question,
     inferior version on 3 disc for the xbox 360 yet, it has compressed video and audio, Graphic is no where near the PS3 Version. runs at 570p.

the Ps3 version comes in one Disc, uncompressed video and Audio. Graphics is very detail. Gameplay runs at 720p while cutscenes runs at 1080p,

The Good news, Final fantasy isn't anywhere close to Uncharted 2 or GOWIII, and the xbox360 ruining the experience of FF13 lays this issue to rest.

The ps3 version was even gimped so that there could be some similarities btw both version angry.
                        who's  getting owned??,

PS,  ps3 is just in it's third year,  If Naughty Dog can say Uncharted 3 would be way better than 2. . it therefore means that developers are still just scratching the surface of the PS3. Ken Kutaragi was right,  'the power of the cell'. xbox720 had better come out before Killzone 3 makes the xbox360 look like the wii cheesy    O.M.G . . . Grand torismo 5 isn't even out. shocked shocked shocked

So you believe GOW3 uses less than 50% of the ps3,

Anything Sony Santa Monica's Studios says. I believe 100%. During the era of PS2, No body thought a game like GOW2 was possible on the console. They came and blew everyone away. the game sits comfortable as the Best PS2 game amongst over 1500 ps2 games. NOW! you cry me a RIVER. Dont Forget that this is just their first PS3 tittle,  they will definitely optimize their engine for any game they want to develop.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 3:05pm On Mar 13, 2010
UGDB: God of War III is almost ready to hit the stores on 16th of March in US and three days later in Europe. Looking back can you tell us what the most difficult part of the development process was?

SA: [/b]The most difficult part was definitely the encounters that we call “titan encounters”, [b]where we basically build creatures that are as tall as a skyscraper and Kratos is walking on top of them. As you may already know they are like moving levels, but they walk, they talk and you will be fighting enemies on top of them. Doing that kind of stuff was incredibly hard, because we had no reference for that in other games… The closest to these encounters is Shadow of the Colossus, but there the characters are really small compared to the titans in God of War III. So, this definitely was the most complex thing that I’ve done in my career.

UGDB: If we assume that God of War I was epic and God of War II was twice as epic, where does God of War III stand?

SA: Maybe you expect from me to say “three times as epic”, but God of War III is much more about the memorable moments. We have a lot of big moments in the game. I think that we have some parts of the game that are incredibly epic. I can say that there are some sequences in the game that are so epic that when you play them, you will agree that you have not seen anything like that in any game done before.

UGDB: With God of War III we saw your studio make use of the real power of the PlayStation 3; do you think that it is possible to go even further with the team’s next title?

SA:
Absolutely, we can do much more with it. I don’t know if we are even close to 50% of PlayStation 3’s power at this point.

UGDB: Wait… 50?! shocked

SA:
Yes, absolutely!

you can read the full interview here.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by ritchboy(m): 3:24pm On Mar 13, 2010
Kosovo
the only thing FF13 tells us is that BDs have larger capacity than DVD DLs(like we didnt know already?) and u are ranting like an intoxicated megalomaniac. If i start listing the number of 360 games that obliterate the ps3 version, this server would crash.
Of course you believe any piece of rubbish you read, as long as its pro-PS. If Sony tell you ps3s reduce global warming, you'd believe them. Are you not the same gorilla that said the ps3's processor is better than an Intel Core i7?
If you think the ps3 is anywhere near twice as powerful as the 360, you obviously need medical attention.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 3:39pm On Mar 13, 2010
Kosovo
the only thing FF13 tells us is that BDs have larger capacity than DVD DLs
YOU LIE.
how come 3discs didn't make it look the same?,  Thinking that Bluray was the reason for the visual annihilation is Dumb. It's the Power of the CELL. CELL. CELL. CELL.
  THANK you.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by ritchboy(m): 7:22pm On Mar 13, 2010
Kosovo
as usual, you are still not making any sense. How do you know 3 discs are sufficient for making it look as good as the ps3 version. Are you the lead programmer of the game? If 3 discs do the trick, why is the audio compressed? What point are you trying to make? That FF "isnt possible on the 360" as well? You must be having a laugh.
My friend, go and read a book!
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 7:49pm On Mar 13, 2010
kosovo:

while Developers are yet to use the full potentials of PS3, Project Natal is eating off a whooping 30% of the XBOX 360. PS move only uses 1-2MB memory of the PS3. cheesy grin

The 30% figure (which is mere conjecture by the way) refers to CPU usage. What kind of man compares CPU usage with memory usage?!

Kosovo, you really should be ashamed of yourself for that brainless comparison. You're showing everyone here that you just do not understand technology.

kosovo:

YOU LIE.
how come 3discs didn't make it look the same?, Thinking that Bluray was the reason for the visual annihilation is Dumb. It's the Power of the CELL. CELL. CELL. CELL.
THANK you.

3 DVDs is not equal to one Blu-Ray. And most of the issues with the port to the Xbox 360 were with compressed audio and video. All other visual issues were due to Square Enix not having enough time to fit the PS3 Optimized Crystal Engine to the 360's architecture.

Why make a big deal out of the superiority of the pS3 version over the 360's version? Why did you keep mute when the clear consensus was that Bayonetta on 360 was markedly superior to that on the PS3?
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 2:25am On Mar 14, 2010
Why make a big deal out of the superiority of the pS3 version over the 360's version? Why did you keep mute when the clear consensus was that Bayonetta on 360 was markedly superior to that on the PS3?
Everything is Falling apart for the XBOX360. The poor port of bayyonetta was due to the fact that Platinium games made the game specifically for the 360 and gave it to SEGA to do a Port. SEGA destroyed the entire experience,  But bayonetta isnt anywhere close to the GOWIII, and that speaks volumes.

Plantinum games is making up for that by making the PS3 the lead Consol for thier upcoming shooter, EA's medal of hornor is using the PS3 as the Lead console, team Bondi have recently complained about the 360 and it's incapability to run LA Noire. Capcom has similar issues when they cried out that lost planet lost contents due to the 360. Cryengine was made with the PS3 in mind. Optimized for the PS3 complex cell. Thinking that the $600 Million Sony invested in the CELL was a waste is totally DUMB!  WAIT TILL GRAND TORISMO COMES OUT.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by Mobinga: 4:36am On Mar 14, 2010
texazzpete:

The 30% figure (which is mere conjecture by the way) refers to CPU usage. What kind of man compares CPU usage with memory usage?!

Kosovo, you really should be ashamed of yourself for that brainless comparison. You're showing everyone here that you just do not understand technology.

3 DVDs is not equal to one Blu-Ray. And most of the issues with the port to the Xbox 360 were with compressed audio and video. All other visual issues were due to Square Enix not having enough time to fit the PS3 Optimized Crystal Engine to the 360's architecture.

Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by vowiski(m): 11:38am On Mar 14, 2010
Kosovo Probably made a mistake on the comparison of the CPU AND RAM.
  But the MOVE CPU usage is no where near the USAGE OF Project NATAL.
When SONY is freeing up 70 MB RAM for Developers, Microsoft is busy reducing the power of the 360.

I  think God of war developers can Play with the recent release of 70MB. 70MB is huge,  but there was no time to incorporate in into GOW3. it's as Simple As that. Santa Monica's are one of the best developers around and i believe everybit of what they say. When U1 came out something was said, but U2 came out and blew everyone away.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 12:05pm On Mar 14, 2010
ritchboy:

Kosovo
as usual, you are still not making any sense. How do you know 3 discs are sufficient for making it look as good as the ps3 version. Are you the lead programmer of the game? If 3 discs do the trick, why is the audio compressed? What point are you trying to make? That FF "isnt possible on the 360" as well? You must be having a laugh.
My friend, go and read a book!
  THE POWER OF THE CELL. period.
Wasn't it the same Microsoft that said Bluray was not needed,  that Digital is the future,  Sony already has DD locked down. PSPgo was just a test. heard of PS CLOUD?

,  Aron Greenberg said FF13 on the 360 shows the power of the 360, and we all can see  what the power of the 360 can do. wink
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by audacious: 8:36am On Mar 15, 2010
kosovo:

Everything is Falling apart for the XBOX360. The poor port of bayyonetta was due to the fact that Platinium games made the game specifically for the 360 and gave it to SEGA to do a Port. SEGA destroyed the entire experience,  But bayonetta isnt anywhere close to the GOWIII, and that speaks volumes.

Plantinum games is making up for that by making the PS3 the lead Consol for thier upcoming shooter, EA's medal of hornor is using the PS3 as the Lead console, team Bondi have recently complained about the 360 and it's incapability to run LA Noire. Capcom has similar issues when they cried out that lost planet lost contents due to the 360. Cryengine was made with the PS3 in mind. Optimized for the PS3 complex cell. Thinking that the $600 Million Sony invested in the CELL was a waste is totally DUMB!  WAIT TILL GRAND TORISMO COMES OUT.

He he he, it's no longer "wait till Heavy Rain and Gran Torismo come out"
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by ritchboy(m): 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2010
^^^
Heavy Rain is turning out to be an innovative, but ultimately average game! cheesy
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 7:02pm On Mar 15, 2010
audacious:

He he he, it's no longer "wait till Heavy Rain and Gran Torismo come out"
  very Funny,  according to sony, Heavy rain sales was way beyond their expectations. Heavy rain has just created a genre in the gaming industry and alot of developers are thinking toward that direction. 'interactive story'

@ritchboy , Heavy rain is not an average Game,. Thank you.

Grand Torismo is Sony Driving force. That game alone can sell 2 million consoles, it's the best driving simulator anywhere and it's only possible on the Playstation Franchise, Kaz is one of the most respected developer out there, a perfectionist,
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by audacious: 8:55pm On Mar 15, 2010
kosovo:

very Funny,  according to sony, Heavy rain sales was way beyond their expectations. Heavy rain has just created a genre in the gaming industry and alot of developers are thinking toward that direction. 'interactive story'

@ritchboy , Heavy rain is not an average Game,. Thank you.

Grand Torismo is Sony Driving force. That game alone can sell 2 million consoles, it's the best driving simulator anywhere and it's only possible on the Playstation Franchise, Kaz is one of the most respected developer out there, a perfectionist, 

Yeah yeah, "according to sony". They (and you) hyped killzone 2, disappointment followed. They hyped Heavy rain, same old same old, we waited for both of em and we'll wait for Gran Torismo too (I ain't holding my breath though cos it'll also sell way beyond Sony's expectations  grin )
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 11:55am On Mar 16, 2010
@audacious, how was killzone2 a disapointment? i recently saw a comparism between crises2 and killzon 2, graphically and visually killzone 2 which is over 1 year older blew it out of the water. If sales determine quality that mean wii fit is best game ever.

Heavy rain is not the ' same old game' as u put it, Heavy rain just created a gnere for it self, a game with over 2000 script and multiple scenerio is like nothing else in the gaming industry.

Everybody knows, Grand Torismo is BIG, only the Demo has sold close to 5, million copies, NO Grand torismo game has sold less than 10 million coplies,

Dont bring Halo sales into the Picture, becos thats xbox biggest game. as HALO is to XBOX, so aslo Grand Torismo is to PLAYSTATION. Grand Torismo is bigger than the name Halo.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by audacious: 4:59pm On Mar 16, 2010
kosovo:

@audacious, how was killzone2 a disapointment?

Errm, because it flopped and didn't turnout to be the killer PS3 App (which it was so hyped as for such a long time)

kosovo:

Heavy rain is not the ' same old game' as u put it, Heavy rain just created a gnere for it self, a game with over 2000 script and multiple scenerio is like nothing else in the gaming industry.

And what Genre might that be?. Role play?, interactive game? (if you take a moment and get the fan boyism out of the way you would see that it's all hype and marketing. Nothing in Heavy Rain is new), after all the 2000 scripts and multiple scenario stuff it still turned out like all the other hyped PS3 Games, failed to be the killer app.

kosovo:

Dont bring Halo sales into the Picture, becos thats xbox biggest game. as HALO is to XBOX, so aslo Grand Torismo is to PLAYSTATION. Grand Torismo is bigger than the name Halo.

Ha ha haaaaa, no PS3 game has (can) come close to it, you know that and thanks for mentioning it, I didn't even have to!

@Kosovo as I've said earlier, we waited for Killzone2 and Heavy Rain. We'll also wait for Gran Turismo.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by lexyman(m): 5:30pm On Mar 16, 2010
gow3 is the bomb! you can call me to pick up a copy .lexyman:08023321050
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 5:57pm On Mar 16, 2010
@audacious
Ha ha haaaaa, no PS3 game has (can) come close to it, you know that and thanks for mentioning it, I didn't even have to!

I can not find the energy to argue between Halo and Grand Torismo series, Like i said earlier, No Grand Torismo game has sold less than 10 million copiles **cough Halo ODST cough has not even crossed the 4 million mark. Grand torismo 5 can easily sell 15 million copies lifetime considering the fact that the demo can sell close to 5 million copies, that wont be hard for the full game with over 1000 cars, 3D, FULL HD, MOTION CONTROL etc,

Killzone 2 was just the second game in the franchise, it only helped build dedicated fanbase. just like uncharted 1, iT helped BUILD a fan base, Uncharted 2 came and it has sold over 4 million copies wining thousands of awards. Halo is nothing but a milked franchise, the fact that Halo Reach can still compete visually an graphically with Killzone 2 Speaks volumes.

Sony recent purchase of mEDIA mOLECULES - develpoers of Little Big Planet shows Sony love for diversity, other than Milking the HALO franchise,

Also considering the fact that this is the first Grand Torismo to hit the Ps3, ALL i can say is that. . . IT WOULD BE MASSIVE.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by ritchboy(m): 6:26pm On Mar 16, 2010
Audacious
you just nailed it: most PS3 games are ALL HYPE NO SUBSTANCE.
LittleBigPlanet, Killzone 2, Heavy Rain, MAG (and to some extent MGS4) etc are anywhere between mediocre and rubbish when you consider the hype that they had.
Kosovo wouldnt know this because he hasnt played ANY of those games. He just reads articles online.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 6:35pm On Mar 16, 2010
@ritchboy
Like i have been saying, i have been gaming since when i was 5, possibly at that time you couldn't even handle a game Pad.  tongue i am miles ahead of you in the gaming world, my Gaming site would live! soon. still in talks with the major parties involved, takie
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 6:39pm On Mar 16, 2010
It is pathetic that you guys think Halo is the only game on the planet,

Now lets play sales. . .

Banjo Kazooie 0.7 million
Ninety-Nine Nights 0.48 million
Ace Combat 6 0.72 million
Lost Odyssey 0.92 million
Blue Dragon 0.63 million
Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 0.2 million
Too Human 0.74 million
Scene-It 0.55 million
Scene-It box office smash 0.46 million
Chromehounds 0.4 million
Shadowrun 0.39 million
You're in the movies 0.43 million
Lips 0.5 million
Prey 0.28 million
Tenchu Z 0.33 million
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise: 0.33 million
MotoGP '06, 0.26 million
Ninja Blade 0.17 million
Viva Piñata: Party animals 0.17 million
The Idol Master: 0.07 million
Leisure Suit Larry Box office Bust 0.07 million
Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad 0.05 million
Lips #1 Hits: 0.04 million
Ridge Racer 6 0.2 million

Timed exclusive flops

Ninja Gaiden 2 0.96 million
Tales of Vesperia 0.45 million
Alone in the Dark 0.39 million
Vampire Rain 0.15 million
Eternal Sonata 0.24 million
Overlord II 0.18 million
Overlord 0.41 million
Infinite Undiscovery 0.54 million
Star Ocean IV 0.55 million
Last remnant 0.59 million
Beautiful Katamari 0.26 million
C&C3:RA 0.29 million

Multiplat 360 flops

SFIV PS3 = 1.45 million, 360 = 1.29 million
DMC4 PS3 = 1.26 million, 360 = 1.17 million
VF5 PS3 = 0.5 million, 360 = 0.2 million
Batman Arkham asylum PS3 = 1.26 million 360 = 1.06 m
Burnout Paradise PS3 1.12 million X360 1.09 million
Dynasty Warriors 6 PS3 0.62 million X360 0.27 million
Bladestorm PS3 0.22 million X360 0.09 million
Tekken 6 PS3 0.56 million X360 0.26 million

sales track is a little bit old but there should not be much difference btw then and Now. Adding up 100k-250k to each can do the magic
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by audacious: 7:53pm On Mar 16, 2010
kosovo:

I can not find the energy to argue between Halo and Grand Torismo series

No one brought up halo, you did, remember?

kosovo:

@ritchboy
Like i have been saying, i have been gaming since when i was 5, possibly at that time you couldn't even handle a game Pad.  tongue i am miles ahead of you in the gaming world, my Gaming site would live! soon. still in talks with the major parties involved,  takie

Well La-di-da!, My dad had a console consisting of "Pong based games" before I was born (that's pre-Atari and the Commodore 64, in-case you don't know). Gaming since you where 5 doesn't make you a Video games expert.

I own a 360, I had the choice of buying a 360 or a PS3 but I went for the 360 because it was more appealing to me. You don't see me dissing the PS3 or the Wii just because I prefer my Xbox360.

If I was financially buoyant I would own all 3 consoles because it pains me that I miss out on the other exclusives; specifically Metal Gear Solid 4 and god of war III (because I owned a PS2 and would love to finish the stories), I don't like the wii because of the games but won't mind owning one as I miss the Mario games cos i grew up on them,

I don't know how hard it is for you to understand that we've all got choices and you can stick to yours without shoving it up all our throats!, I would never understand the beef you've got with the xbox, I guess that's just what Fanboys do.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by ritchboy(m): 12:00am On Mar 17, 2010
Kosovo
this is the internet, any dimwit can claim to be a grandmaster at anything. Your case is particularly amusing, cos your opinions about games suggest you are the exact opposite of a grandmaster, i.e a grandignoramus cheesy
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by kosovo(m): 6:50am On Mar 17, 2010
Funny how everyone completely ignored the sales track . .  I thought all 360 games sells over 10 million copies,  but . . .but. . . sales . . .LOL.

ALL consoles Man can make i have had every one of them, so i see no reason for all these long talks.

A little history lesson.

This is 2010 and the third year of the PS3, most people do not know what happens every third year of the playstation brand, this is what happens, it goes mains stream and double it sales, it happened with the PS1, the PS2 and the PSP, It happening now with the PS3.

Now to the future.

2010 is going to be even worse for Microsoft. Graphically and Visuallythe 360 has been a colossal failure like no console has before compared to its competitor. The only console in history to have graphics hardware so weak that it is stuck hyping minuscule imagined or manufactured differences in mostly mediocre multiplatform games. You have to be lying under the rocks to think that the 360 is going to suddenly start pumping out impressive graphics that are anywhere near PS3 levels in 2010, if Microsoft's entire army of developers haven't been able to do so for the past four years.

And with only Rare, Lionhead, and Turn 10 for first party developers, Microsoft has almost nothing other than milking the old Halo franchise to combat the Sony PS3 exclusive juggernaut that is in full force now and won't stop for another six or seven years.

What is crazy is to think that the PS3 has done all this while being more expensive than the PS2 was at launch and only now has reached the 299 launch price of the PS2.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 12:04pm On Mar 17, 2010
@Kosovo
I really hate it when you lie to make a dubious point. it makes you look really foolish.

kosovo:

i recently saw a comparism between crises2 and killzon 2, graphically and visually killzone 2 which is over 1 year older blew it out of the water.

Crysis 2 isn't out yet, and Crysis 1 boasts far better graphics than Killzone 2. And Crysis is way older than Killzone 2.
Re: Oh my GOD!!! GOWIII Uses Only 50% Power Of The Playstation 3. by texazzpete(m): 12:19pm On Mar 17, 2010
kosovo:

Funny how everyone completely ignored the sales track . .  I thought all 360 games sells over 10 million copies,  but . . .but. . . sales . . .LOL.

You mean like how the Xbox version of Bioshock 2 was the 2nd highest selling game in the US for February, while the PS3 version failed to make the top 10 list?

kosovo:

This is 2010 and the third year of the PS3, most people do not know what happens every third year of the playstation brand, this is what happens, it goes mains stream and double it sales, it happened with the PS1, the PS2 and the PSP, It happening now with the PS3.

By the third year of the PSP, it was already an also-ran in the sales battle with the Nintendo DS.
As for doubling sales, i see no evidence of that. The Xbox 360 handily outsold the PS3 in the North American market by over 100K units.
And that's even with your precious Heavy Rain.

kosovo:

2010 is going to be even worse for Microsoft. Graphically and Visuallythe 360 has been a colossal failure like no console has before compared to its competitor. The only console in history to have graphics hardware so weak that it is stuck hyping minuscule imagined or manufactured differences in mostly mediocre multiplatform games. You have to be lying under the rocks to think that the 360 is going to suddenly start pumping out impressive graphics that are anywhere near PS3 levels in 2010, if Microsoft's entire army of developers haven't been able to do so for the past four years.

The Xbox 360 can easily pump out graphics on par with the PS3. Unlike Sony devs, most Microsoft first party devs do not deliberately focus on graphics. They get the games out on time. Not everyone is given the luxury of 4-5 year development cycles to spend time tweaking the graphics for bragging rights.

kosovo:

Mediocre multiplatform games like Bayonetta and Resident Evil 5, eh?
And the Xbox 360 GPU is more than a match for the Nvidia GPU in the PS3.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NGX Clan Is Recruiting!!!! / Ps4 Slim With Fifa 20 For Sale 125k. / Art Of War 2 Liberation Of Peru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.