Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,905 members, 7,817,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death (30014 Views)

Idris Adepoju: Salawa Abeni Remembers Her First Son 20 Years After Death (Photo) / Sandra Bassey's Mother Dies, 5 Years After Death Of Father (Photos) / Bongi Dube Electrocuted On Stage During A Performance In Duban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by EKOSuperior(m): 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
Big Boys Don't Cry
Shembel is the way
That's the way it is
Remember me
Hold on
Crazy World
House of Exile
Victims
Slave
It is not easy
Guns and roses
Group area act
Can't blame you
My world
Choose your friend
Mask
You've got no right
Let Jah be praised
Jah live
I have got Jah
Jah save us

He is a perfect musician, all his music teaches one good thing or the other, very inspirational and enjoyable, as a matter of fact he is my best musician even at death, I'm his biggest fan in Nigeria. Rest in peace Lucky Philip Dube. May Jah Rastafarri grant your soul eternal rest.
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by EKOSuperior(m): 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
Big Boys Don't Cry
Shembel is the way
That's the way it is
Remember me
Hold on
Crazy World
House of Exile
Victims
Slave
It is not easy
Guns and roses
Group area act
Can't blame you
My world
Choose your friend
Mask
You've got no right
Let Jah be praised
Jah live
I have got Jah
Jah save us

He is a perfect musician, all his music teaches one good thing or the other, very inspirational and enjoyable, as a matter of fact he is my best musician even at death, I'm his biggest fan in Nigeria. He died on my birthday Rest in peace Lucky Philip Dube. May Jah Rastafarri grant your soul eternal rest.
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by lekpaciouse(f): 9:53pm On Oct 18, 2017
I really missed you my lucky Dube,you siad no woman no cry now you are making me to cry for you.RIP man
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by micheal43(m): 10:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
Dracula!!
House of Exile..
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by sanusikebbe(m): 11:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
A true legend of Reggae, to me, only second to Bob Marley. I enjoy most of his songs- Crazy World, The Way It Is, Prisoner, Kiss No Frog, Victimsonly to mention a few.

1 Like

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 19, 2017
chukwukahenry:
the south african idiots that killed him thought he was a Nigerian but....... Anyway keep resting in the lord
Now go and check your facts then repost. Let me help you. Look for the family spoke persons report 3 years after his death, compare that to the police report, Drum magazine and City Press.

If you continue being obsessed about them killing your people, you are giving them more fuel. Drop it
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by BOUNTYDOG(m): 12:25am On Oct 19, 2017
Big boys don't cry
My signature I got from his song
Honestly shortly.before his death I thought to myself that he's the only.existing good.musician and not long after he was killed

BIG BOYS DON'T CRY
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by BOUNTYDOG(m): 12:27am On Oct 19, 2017
sanusikebbe:
A true legend of Reggae, to me, only second to Bob Marley. I enjoy most of his songs- Crazy World, The Way It Is, Prisoner, Kiss No Frog, Victimsonly to mention a few.

Yea true Marley is number one
I like his style more than marleys
His voice, beats
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Bossman(m): 1:53am On Oct 19, 2017
I love all of his songs. No doubt my favourite artiste. The is no other like him. The message in his song is what I really like about them. He is always singing and looking out for the poor, oppressed, common man, etc.

Continue to rest in peace Lucky Dube.
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by topsam1(m): 2:34am On Oct 19, 2017
Rest in Heaven Rasta

1 Like

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Rejoice777: 3:18am On Oct 19, 2017
Too many people hate apartheid... Why do u Like it?.... ...indiana man we gonna jamming 2geda as one...

U be my Romeo and i'll be ur Juliet...

R I P Lucky Dube
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by OliveCynosure(f): 5:25am On Oct 19, 2017
10years already??
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by nas00(m): 5:57am On Oct 19, 2017
Nothing but respect for Lucky Dube.

Some of my favorites:

-Soul Taker

-Remember me

-House of Exile

-Mickey mouse freedom

-Slave

-Different colours

-Blessed is the hand that giveth

-Respect

-Shembe is the way

-Together as one

May his soul continue to rest in perfect peace.

#Dube
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by onyidon22(m): 6:09am On Oct 19, 2017
My favouurite among his songs is guns and roses
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Lionessza(f): 6:25am On Oct 19, 2017
Ejomax77:
cos most of the females I know don't wanna have anythin to do with raggae.

I wouldn't say most, perhaps many would be the appropriate word cry. Anywho, I love his music and I grew up with it played in almost every house I visited. Plus there's no way I wouldn't know a lot about him, he is one of my country's greatest and beloved sons , it was infuriating losing him the way we lost him.

1 Like

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by AuroraB(f): 6:38am On Oct 19, 2017
Soulsymbol99:
Heard that the guy dat shot him is frm Mbaise grin
Wisdom wee not kee you shocked
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by kinharold(m): 7:06am On Oct 19, 2017
The death of Lucky Dube is a great loss to Africa and the rest of the World and a huge embarrassment to South Africa. Rest in Peace Dube
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by wizod(m): 7:13am On Oct 19, 2017
nony43:
I don't like his kind of music, and I am not an Indomie generation
Doctor, somebody's brain needs recycling here.
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Khaytunechi: 7:38am On Oct 19, 2017
Not an easy pick but I'll say Soul Taker,, Trinity,, Remember Me,, Release Me,, Slave,, Respect,, etc etc

Dube's jams are just the same-- potent lyrics,, great messages!

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Khaytunechi: 7:40am On Oct 19, 2017
Trinity.. Romeo..

I love Feel Irie too!
Rest In Peace Jah man,, you live forever..

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by succyreal(m): 7:44am On Oct 19, 2017
Nuff respect to Lucky PHILIP DUBE. JAH GUIDE.
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Lionessza(f): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2017
kinharold:
The death of Lucky Dube is a great loss to Africa and the rest of the World and a huge embarrassment to South Africa. Rest in Peace Dube

How was his death an embarrassment to South Africa?

3 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by maxysmith(f): 9:24am On Oct 19, 2017
Thanks
Fourwinds:
you are pretty... nice lyrics
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Rozaytee: 10:27am On Oct 19, 2017
luck dube- together as one
lucky dube- House of exile
lucky dude - remember me
lucky dube- blesses is the hand that giveth
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Rozaytee: 10:27am On Oct 19, 2017
luck dube- together as one
lucky dube- House of exile
lucky dude - remember me
lucky dube- blessed is the hand that giveth
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 19, 2017
kinharold:
Lucky Dube was musically irrelevant when he died but his death was a great loss no doubt.How can death be an embarrassment? We know you hate SA with all your heart but pls don't expose your stupidity on a public forum

2 Likes

Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
OSESUNATE:
Ogbeni, it was a Nigerian in S/Africa that killed him

Google is ur best friend.
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by fabregas04(m): 3:42pm On Oct 24, 2017
Sholakanye:

Bro, that bassline kills me everytime, never gets old.

Yeah.
Man of Sorrow very lovely bass line too.
I think the bass line is something like
MI SO LA
LA DO LA SO LA
MI LA LA LA FA
LA DO DO FA
MI MI TI MI .

I hope I'm correct.
no you are not, may be u shld listen to the track over again.
Something like
SO.MI.DO:MI
MI.MI.MI:DO
DO.DO DO.TI
DO.DO RE.MI
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Sholakanye(m): 6:54am On Oct 26, 2017
fabregas04:
no you are not, may be u shld listen to the track over again.
Something like
SO.MI.DO:MI
MI.MI.MI:DO
DO.DO DO.TI
DO.DO RE.MI

For 'Man of Sorrow' ? I dont agree.
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by Koval12(m): 10:27pm On Dec 19, 2017
Ministers of religion gas visited me, many times to talk about it, they said to me, you gotta leave alcohol. it's a bad habit for a man.

SLAVE!!

WHAT A HIT.

Helped me in my battle with depression and alcoholism.
Re: Remembering Lucky Dube 10 Years After Death by sylve11: 7:14am On Nov 21, 2020
Mustiboy:
I don't like his songs. not my type of music at all.

Hmmm cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Actress Olaiton Sugar Marks Birthday With Stunning New Photos / Funke Akindele's Twins Are IVF Babies - Prophet Faleyimu Olagoroye / Checkout Olamide's Ankara Outfit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.