Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,153 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. (27404 Views)

Lagos Scrap Collector Kills Man Over Argument / People Killed In Offa Bank Robbery Loaded In A Truck As Residents Cry (Graphic) / Kogi Tax Collector Kills A Trailer Driver With Plank (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by Dandsome: 2:40pm On Oct 18, 2017
In addition to the earlier thread on Frontpage about a tax collector who killed a driver.

Government should stop using touts to do some jobs for them.

The tax collector actually demanded N2000 from the driver but the driver said what he had was N1000 because the truck broke down earlier and he didn't have any extra money on him.

An argument ensured and then the tax collector used a plank with nails (which they put under tyre of a vehicle from stopping from moving) and hit the man on the neck. The man died from that.

What angered the people there was the motor boy there held the suspect but the police man with the tax collector there aided the man to escape.

The other truck drivers blocked the road, dismantled the check point and used it as bonfire to block the road for commuters. They said they want to see the killer before they open the road.

Since the killer wasn't coming forth they said PMB must come there to settle them. They later changed the demand to governor must come and also demanded N50 million compensation.

We thought it was joke, they kept us there until the deputy governor came and settled them.

I saw them pursuing a plain clothed police officer who came with a gun. They almost burnt army hilux.

They were also beating anyone taking pictures of the body. But as a sharp man, hitting the volume button on the Tecno Camon CX will take a sharp shot that's how I got pic of the body covered with mat. Get yourself one or wait for the next phantom. (don't worry I respect the dead so won't show pictures of the dead man cry)

Yellow truck is the truck the man was driving.

However, the road has been opened and it's clear now.

Source : I was there

4 Likes

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by blackfase(m): 2:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
.You try. Nice update...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by shortgun(m): 2:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
happens only in d zoo

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by Atiku2019: 2:50pm On Oct 18, 2017
sad angry sad
Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by Hofbrauhaus(m): 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2017
angry

I'm in the wrong country. A country of hyenas. Tufiakwa!

4 Likes

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by brodalikeme(m): 2:57pm On Oct 18, 2017
Well done to all the truck drivers. I pity for this country, illiteracy upon illiteracy, tout and police colabo. Why must the governmdnt or its agency use touts carry out its duties.
Another one is this road transport union, blood thiirsty low lifes.

6 Likes

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by IamPatriotic(m): 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2017
If VIO is not proscribed in Abuja, their activities will one day cause an ugly incident like this, the level with which they recruit touts and illiterates into that organization is alarming... the guys stationed at Area 1 before bridge are fearsome, unprofessional and always reeking of alcohol and indian hemp.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by madridguy(m): 3:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
RIP
Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
Indirectly advertising useless Techno phone in the story

1 Like

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by OboOlora(f): 4:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
IamPatriotic:
If VIO is not proscribed in Abuja, their activities will one day cause an ugly incident like, the level with which they recruit touts and illiterates into that organization is alarming... the guys stationed at Area 1 before bridge are fearsome, and always stinking of alcohol and Indian helm.
helm kor garment ni cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
Kogi state is nothing but a cursed state, see road self
Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by dallyemmy: 4:37pm On Oct 18, 2017
Jungle Justice

1 Like

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by Bari22: 4:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
I used to be a motor boy before, actually kogi state is the worst state you can ever pass through. They collect tax anyhow, The tax point at felele Lokoja used to collect N2000 but when Yahaya Bello come he increase it to N8000. And a driver must pay before passing, they don't mind to waste your two days there if you don't have money to pay. The drivers have protested multiple times but the governor didn't do anything about it.

The worst part is, of all these tax they are collecting kogi state has the worst road network in the whole Nigeria

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by Evidence1000(m): 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
Dandsome:
In addition to the earlier thread on Frontpage about a tax collector who killed a driver.

The tax collector actually demanded N2000 from the driver but the driver said what he had was N1000 because the truck broke down earlier and he didn't have any extra money on him.

An argument ensured and then the tax collector used a plank with nails (which they put under tyre of a vehicle from stopping from moving) and hit the man on the neck. The man died from that.

What angered the people there was the motor boy there held the suspect but the police man with the tax collector there aided the man to escape.

The other truck drivers blocked the road, dismantled the check point and used it as bonfire to block the road for commuters. They said they want to see the killer before they open the road.

Since the killer wasn't coming forth they said PMB must come there to settle them. They later changed the demand to governor must come and also demanded N50 million compensation.

We thought it was joke, they kept us there until the deputy governor came and settled them.

I saw them pursuing a plain clothed police officer who came with a gun. They almost burnt army hilux.

They were also beating anyone taking pictures of the body. But as a sharp man, hitting the volume button on the Tecno Camon CX will take a sharp shot that's how I got pic of the body covered with mat. Get yourself one or wait for the next phantom. (don't worry I respect the dead so won't show pictures of the dead man cry)

See marketing strategy. You try.

1 Like

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by sureteeboy(m): 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
So, Those opportunist drivers demanded for 50million compensation. Is the money going to the family of the deceased or their greedy pockets?
Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by itiswellandwell: 4:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
Rip to the dead
Check my signature for customised Atm card flash drive as ideal souvenir for your clients this Xmas and and new year
Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 18, 2017
D MATA TIE WRAPPER OOOO...
POLICE AND AIDING/ABETTING BE 5&6 FROM TIME IMMEMORIAL

2 Likes

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by glossy6(f): 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
So sad
police and the killer are 5 & 6
Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by prosper21(m): 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
pls who is driving Nigeria,I want to come down.

3 Likes

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by glossy6(f): 4:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
So sad
police and the killer are 5 & 6
Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by Gozbrown(m): 4:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
buhari again

2 Likes

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
SOME WILL BLAME BUHARI FOR THIS
Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by lurdmoel: 4:49pm On Oct 18, 2017
Meanwhile, you can recording video,audio,and snap pictures without no one noticing. Spy recording pen is important in every situation that phone cannot work or allow. To buy pls call me on 08066804625

1 Like

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by megafem1: 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
shortgun:
happens only in d zoo
do u mean ur father n relatives lives in d zoo??
Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by AnanseK(m): 4:56pm On Oct 18, 2017
brodalikeme:
Well done to all the truck drivers. I pity for this country, illiteracy upon illiteracy, tout and police colabo. Why must the governmdnt or its agency use touts carry out its duties.
Another one is this road transport union, blood thiirsty low lifes.

"Well done to the truck drivers" . But has justice been done? The killer is known , he is a tax collector. Will he be tried in court for the crime? This is the real issue not the compensation. And who is entitled to the compensation and who determines how much it should be?

1 Like

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by HMZi: 4:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by VincentLee007(m): 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
grin
d zoo boss is coming
Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by Flaghouse1: 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
Dandsome:

Very coherent and detailed reportage
Good work guy!!!

1 Like

Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by Luckylife(m): 5:01pm On Oct 18, 2017
Devils in human forms are making lives worthless in Africa . LORD into your HANDS we commit our lives.
Re: Update On The Kogi Tax Collector Who Killed A Truck Driver. by basic23111: 5:04pm On Oct 18, 2017
Usa or Russia should just nuke this country

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Prostitute Calls Police On Abuja Driver: "He Looks Like Man That Robbed Me" / Stephanie Otobo's Sister Accused Of Duping Man, Absconds With His $1300 (Photos) / Man Beaten For Stealing A Power Bank At Computer Village, Jos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.