Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan (1627 Views)

Okorocha's Statue, 'Effigy' Destroyed In Imo / Dolapo Osinbajo At Segun Awolowo's 25th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / France Returns Esie Statue To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by AloyEmeka5: 11:36pm On Mar 12, 2010
30-year-old man arrested for stealing Awolowo's statue
Written by Adebayo Waheed
Friday, March 12, 2010

The police in Oyo State, on Thursday, recovered the stolen statue of Chief Obafemi Awolowo from a suspect in Idi-Aro, Ibadan, seven years after it was removed from a spot in front of the Oyo State Government House, Agodi, Ibadan.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/mar/12/603.html

The suspect, a 30-year-old man, who identified himself as Adewumi Adewuyi, was arrested by policemen from the Idi-Aro police station, with the statue of the sage.

The suspect, who claimed that his father, Bayo Adewuyi, a medical doctor and loyalist of the late Chief Lamidi Adedibu, was the person who brought the statue home, said his father died a year, after the demolition of the statue from a mysterious ailment in 2004.

Adewuyi, who, was paraded before newsmen at the Eleyele police headquarters, Ibadan, stated that he inherited the statue from his late father, saying that he knew nothing about the statue, even though it was kept by him.

The state police commissioner, Alhaji Baba Adisa Bolanta, who confirmed the arrest, told newsmen that his men at Idi-Aro police station, discovered the statue, while carrying out -search in the apartment of the suspect at Muslim area of Ibadan.

According to him, somebody came to report that he (Adewuyi) defrauded him; some policemen subsequently followed the complainant to the hideout of the suspect. On getting there, we apprehended the suspect, but we wanted to see what they use in doing their job, it was there we discovered an object on his table.

"When we inquired, he said the object (Awolowo's statue) belonged to his late father, that was how he was arrested,"the police boss said.
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by AloyEmeka5: 12:13am On Mar 13, 2010
Does he think he can fence it for big money or what?
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by mamagee3(f): 12:14am On Mar 13, 2010
Damn, some people are soooo jobless. . .
Of every good thing in this world , what a daft could steal is Awolowo's Statue. . .
Quite dumb if you ask me. . .
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by AloyEmeka5: 12:21am On Mar 13, 2010
First time I read the news, I thought it will be the handwork of Mekusxxx or jona. I truly suspected them but I guess they are in the clear now. grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by AndreUweh(m): 12:23am On Mar 13, 2010
There is no peace for the wicked. Some years back, it was a mad man burning Awo's statue.
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by Katsumoto: 12:32am On Mar 13, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

First time I read the news, I thought it will be the handwork of Mekusxxx or jona. I truly suspected them but I guess they are in the clear now. grin grin grin grin

Emeka, abeg no kill me with laughter. That being said, the guy fit be Igbo guy wey dey claim Yoruba name. grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by AloyEmeka5: 12:32am On Mar 13, 2010
Andre Uweh:

There is no peace for the wicked. Some years back, it was a mad man burning Awo's statue.

You think stealing his statue will affect him in any way?  
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by mamagee3(f): 12:33am On Mar 13, 2010
Andre Uweh:

What is the evil in burning a statue. ,
Nigerians sef and no peace for the wicked
Please calm down, it's just a statue. . .
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by AloyEmeka5: 12:33am On Mar 13, 2010
Katsumoto:

Emeka, abeg no kill me with laughter. That being said, the guy fit be Igbo guy wey dey claim Yoruba name.   grin grin grin grin

Roflmao, I knew Ikeymann or Mekusxxx has a hand in this heist.  grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by mamagee3(f): 12:34am On Mar 13, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Exactly! "No Peace for the wicked" Just for a statue. grin

Wonders they say shall never end. grin
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by AloyEmeka5: 7:43am On Mar 13, 2010
mama-gee:

Exactly! "No Peace for the wicked" Just for a statue. grin

Wonders they say shall never end. grin

Andrew Uweh is a pagan. grin grin grin
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by 9ijaprince(m): 8:27am On Mar 13, 2010
You guys have come again with your tribalistic posts. What has igbo man got to do with the missing statue?
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 13, 2010
Andre Uweh:

is this all you could say.na wa o
9ijaprince:

You guys have come again with your tribalistic posts. What has igbo man got to do with the missing statue?
they want to start another tribal war;throwing the first punch at the yoruba maybe they will throw back.the only thing on my mind is if this type of attitude will still continue if eventually we formed a southern region in the future.
Aloy+Emeka:

abeg ask the maga o
mama-gee:

Damn, some people are soooo jobless. . .
Of every good thing in this world , what a daft could steal is Awolowo's Statue. . .
Quite dumb if you ask me. . .

real jobless people like mekushit can pull a stunt like this.thankGod their evil plan failed.
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by saintneo(m): 9:41am On Mar 13, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Aloy+Emeka:

Roflmao, I knew[b] Ikeymann [/b]or[b] Mekusxxx[/b] has a hand in this heist.  grin grin grin grin

I wonder why they are yet to comment on this. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
ROTLMAO grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 13, 2010
saintneo:

I wonder why they are yet to comment on this. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
ROTLMAO grin grin grin grin grin
jona is on indefinite ban while mekushit who works in alaba market is unavoidably available
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by Katsumoto: 11:07am On Mar 13, 2010
9ijaprince:

Are you not able to discern that it was a joke? At least other posters realised it was a joke.
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by 9ijaprince(m): 11:56am On Mar 13, 2010
Katsumoto: if it was a joke and so what?
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by AloyEmeka5: 3:29pm On Mar 13, 2010
Katsumoto:

Are you not able to discern that it was a joke? At least other posters realised it was a joke.

Help me ask him o.
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by oderemo(m): 8:32pm On Mar 13, 2010
kosovo , can you return this great man statue back to us.
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by AloyEmeka5: 10:48pm On Mar 13, 2010
Na Kosovo capture the man's statue?
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by abadaba(m): 11:42pm On Mar 13, 2010
It is good the statue was stolen. The arrested man should be released immediately. He did Nigerians an honour by removing what in the first place ought not to be erected.
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by oderemo(m): 12:12am On Mar 14, 2010
@ adadaba
its berra you stay in Hammersmith and make sure you hide yourself when coming out cos i am not far frm you, how dare you say that about Awo.tufiaka
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by Nobody: 12:47am On Mar 14, 2010
it would have been really cool to say he crushed the head to pieces.
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by AloyEmeka5: 12:56am On Mar 14, 2010
ode remo:

@ adadaba
its berra you stay in Hammersmith and make sure you hide yourself when coming out cos i am not far frm you, how dare you say that about Awo.tufiaka

The gay*got needs to be exhumed and be thrown into the evil forest of Ikene.
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by AloyEmeka5: 4:33am On Mar 14, 2010
babaearly:

it would have been really cool to say he crushed the head to pieces.
Na wao angry angry
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by bgees(m): 4:39am On Mar 14, 2010
I just spoke with Awo, he says all his haters can go to hell.
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by AloyEmeka5: 5:24am On Mar 14, 2010
bgees:

I just spoke with Awo, he says all his haters can go to hell.

Were you able to connect to hell fire with MTN?. Service no dey my area sha.
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by oderemo(m): 11:29am On Mar 14, 2010
The gay*got needs to be exhumed and be thrown into the evil forest of Ikene.

that be the case i wonder what the owele harlot zik doing in HELLFIRE. cheesy cheesy cheesy.Kitty-Cat HIM
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by AndreUweh(m): 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2010
ode remo:

that be the case i wonder what the owele harlot zik doing in HELLFIRE. cheesy cheesy cheesy.Kitty-Cat HIM

If at all the Owelle is hell, Awolowo is in the HOTTEST part of HELLFIRE.
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by jimmysho(m): 2:27pm On Mar 14, 2010
that is worth alot if u dont know. do u know how much the just unveiled statue of mandela cost?
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by AloyEmeka5: 6:28pm On Mar 14, 2010
jimmysho:

that is worth alot if u dont know. do u know how much the just unveiled statue of mandela  cost?

How much and how is it related to the kidnapped statue of Awolowo?
Re: Man Arrested For Stealing Awolowo's Statue In Ibadan by saintneo(m): 7:14pm On Mar 14, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

How much and how is it related to the kidnapped statue of Awolowo?
it's a priced asset, hold on to it for fifteen years and see the market indices

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Has 80% 2010 Budget Performance Builds More Roads Than Ghana In 3yrs / Breaking News: Two Dead As Aregbesola Rescued Five Accident Victims At Osu / This Rochas Sef. Abi Craze Dey Worry Am?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.