Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:54 AM

One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) (37302 Views)

Five Killed As Cement-laden Truck Rams Into Vehicle In Cross River (Graphic) / UNICAL Undergraduate Dies As Car Hits Him (Disturbing Photos) / Kurudu-Nasarawa Bridge Along Abaji-Nasarawa Highway Collapses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by proudlyYoruba(m): 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
EWAagoyin:
Only in Nigeria Useless government Useless masses without balls Useless politicians Religion bigots
What a country
R. I. P to the dead
Do u know what a sinkhole is?
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by mrNVO(m): 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
It was reported earlier today about the bad state of Calabar/Ikom highway after a portion of the road collapsed at Iwuru, Biase LGA of Cross River state. The road was completely cut into two - causing motorists and road users to be stranded.

A bus which was filled with passengers traveling – crashed at the collapsed site, reportedly killing two people and injuring others.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/10/two-killed-bus-crashes-road-collapsed-cross-river-state-photos.html

OP it wasn't a passenger bus but delivery van carrying biscuits and sweets..........jst saying
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by BlaiseBankss(m): 6:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
if the driver knew the road was bad y did take the risk of passing with a bus which is loaded nd heavier Dan a normal car.....RIP
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Kenndleysense(m): 6:50pm On Oct 18, 2017
This is tragic.
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by bedspread: 6:53pm On Oct 18, 2017
beamtopola:
This is not a government fault, cuz same even has happened in China and USA before. But buhari must be blame, because of the bad shape of the nation , citizen can't afford plane and they opted for the cheapest(buses)
I GIVE UP ON UR COMMENT BEAMTOPOLA
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Ezionye(f): 6:53pm On Oct 18, 2017
castrol180:
It has been reported since yesterday, and they are already working on it. Another alternative route has been created beside the road since yesterday...

Did it have to degenerate to that level?
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Villager780: 6:54pm On Oct 18, 2017
And similar thing killed my younger brother yesterday,can't stop crying
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Naziridamos: 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
beamtopola:
This is not a government fault, cuz same even has happened in China and USA before. But buhari must be blame, because of the bad shape of the nation , citizen can't afford plane and they opted for the cheapest(buses)

See them
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by IamShiningStar(f): 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
stellytwinkle:
Wanna kill yourself? Imagine this. You come home from school one day. You’ve had yet another horrible day. You’re just ready to give up. So you go to your room, close the door, and take out that suicide note you’ve written and rewritten over and over and over You take out those razor blades, and cut for the very last time. You grab that bottle of pills and take them all. Laying down, holding the letter to your chest, you close your eyes for the very last time. A few hours later, your little brother knocks on your door to come tell you dinners ready. You don’t answer, so he walks in. All he sees is you laying on your bed, so he thinks you’re asleep. He tells your mom this. Your mom goes to your room to wake you up. She notices something is odd. She grabs the paper in your hand and reads it. Sobbing, she tries to wake you up. She’s screaming your name. Your brother, so confused, runs to go tell Dad that “Mommy is crying nd brother won’t wake up.” Your dad runs to your room. He looks at your mom, crying, holding the letter to her chest, sitting next to your lifeless body. It hits him, what’s going on, and he screams. He screams and throws something at the wall. And then, falling to his knees, he starts to cry. Your mom crawls over to him, and they sit there, holding each other, crying. The next day at college , there’s an announcement. The principal tells everyone about your suicide. It takes a few seconds for it to sink in, and once it does, everyone goes silent. Everyone blames themselves. Your teachers think they were too hard on you. Those mean popular girls, they think of all the things they’ve said to you. That boy that used to tease you and call you names, he can’t help but hate himself for never telling you how good you really are. Your ex girlfriend, the one that you told everything to, that broke up with you.. shee can’t handle it. shee breaks down and starts crying, and blames herself . Your friends? They’re sobbing too, wondering how they could never see that anything was wrong, wishing they could have helped you before it was too late. And your best friend? He’s in shock. He can’t believe it. He knew what you were going through, but he never thought it would get that bad… Bad enough for you to end it. He can’t cry, He can’t feel anything. He stands up, walks out of the classroom, and just sinks to the floor. Shaking, screaming, but no tears coming out. It’s a few days later, at your funeral. The whole town came. Everyone knew you, that boy with the bright smile and bubbly personality. The one that was always there for them, the shoulder to cry on. Lots of people talk about all the good memories they had with you, there were a lot. Everyone’s crying, your little brother still doesn’t know you killed yourself, he’s too young. Your parents just said you died. It hurts him, a lot. You were his big brother , you were supposed to always be there for him. Your best friend, he stays strong through the entire service, but as soon as they start lowering your casket into the ground,he just loses it. He cries and cries and doesn’t stop for days. It’s two years later. Your teachers all quit their job. Those mean girls have eating disorders now. That boy that used to tease you cuts himself. Your ex girlfriend doesn’t know how to love anymore and just sleeps around with boys . Your friends all go into depression. Your best friend? He tried to kill herself. He didn’t succeed like you did, but He tried…your brother? He finally found out the truth about your death. He self harms, he cries at night, he does exactly what you did for years leading up to your suicide. Your parents? Their marriage fell apart. Your dad became a workaholic to distract himself from your death. Your mom got diagnosed with depression and just lays in bed all day. People care. You may not think so, but they do. Your choices don’t just affect you. They affect everyone. Don’t end your life, you have so much to live for. Things can’t get better if you give up. I’m here for absolutely anyone that needs to talk, no matter who you are. Even if we’ve NEVER talked before, I’m here for you. Copy and paste this as your status to show people there are people out there that care.let's see who actually read all of it. For anyone that feels this way
outstanding piece

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by suyamasta(m): 7:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
This is very painful more bcuz channels tv has been reporting about the bad state of the road for more than 3 days+ now yet....
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Bullhari007(m): 7:03pm On Oct 18, 2017
Buhari when will you stop sucking blood of innocent people e never do you useless incompetent tyrant
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by castrol180(m): 7:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
Ezionye:

Did it have to degenerate to that level?

Sorry, ndo, everything would be tended to. Just exercise a little patient
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by asawanathegreat(m): 7:06pm On Oct 18, 2017
Blame Ben Ayade for dis
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
EWAagoyin:
Only in Nigeria Useless government Useless masses without balls Useless politicians Religion bigots
What a country
R. I. P to the dead
*RELIGIOUS I guess your primary school teacher was useless too
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by MTKbudapest(m): 7:14pm On Oct 18, 2017
Blame it on muhamadu.
Rip to the dead
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by obailala(m): 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2017
oka4ugoo:
Now that 2 people have lost their lives, I believe the uselss and senseless government will now do the needful.

I still find it difficult to believe why some Nigerians failed, refused and/or neglected to rally round Nnamdi Kalu who decided against all odd to challenge this useless and senseless govt. of this Country.

Indeed Buhari is mad. Thunder fire APC and PDP members and supporters.

RIP to the dead.
What exactly is Kanu offering to do differently? ... What's the difference between the Eldorado promises of Kanu and the Eldorado promises from Nigerian politicians every 4 years prior to elections?...

If Kanu is serious and believes he can make any difference, he is free to go pick up a candidate form from any of the political parties, ot better still, since his motto is Biafra, he's free to form the Biafran National Party or the IPOB party and run as a candidate under it.

It's not enough to just go about making fantasy promises of Eldorado and then running about like a madman insulting and threatening any and everybody who tries to challenge his opinion. He argues about referendum, he should form a political party, gain political clout and then front his opinion. All the civilised countries we keep using as examples for referendum, that's exactly what they did, the independence/secessionist groups followed a civilised approach by forming political parties which legally controlled political power in their enclaves.
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by WiseFool2(m): 7:24pm On Oct 18, 2017
My God! Just like I knew. I was watching a news about this on channels Television and I saw motorists, both heavy duty trucks and all manuovaring the little part that was remaining and I was like this is risky o. I knew that remaining small portion wouldn't be strong enough to bear all those loads it was carrying. Just yesterday here. Now see what has happened. In a saner clime, that road would have been shut altogether to prevent any tragedy. Now see what has happened!

RIP to the dead!

1 Like

Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by EWAagoyin(m): 7:35pm On Oct 18, 2017
rafa9:
*RELIGIOUS
I guess your primary school teacher was useless too
k
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 7:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
beamtopola:

All these nairaland dullards sef angry
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by highchief1: 7:38pm On Oct 18, 2017
PrettyCrystal:
It was reported earlier today about the bad state of Calabar/Ikom highway after a portion of the road collapsed at Iwuru, Biase LGA of Cross River state. The road was completely cut into two - causing motorists and road users to be stranded.

A bus which was filled with passengers traveling – crashed at the collapsed site, reportedly killing two people and injuring others.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/10/two-killed-bus-crashes-road-collapsed-cross-river-state-photos.html

jesu na person be that?
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by oka4ugoo: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
obailala:
What exactly is Kanu offering to do differently? ... What's the difference between the Eldorado promises of Kanu and the Eldorado promises from Nigerian politicians every 4 years prior to elections?...

If Kanu is serious and believes he can make any difference, he is free to go pick up a candidate form from any of the political parties, ot better still, since his motto is Biafra, he's free to form the Biafran National Party or the IPOB party and run as a candidate under it.

It's not enough to just go about making fantasy promises of Eldorado and then running about like a madman insulting and threatening any and everybody who tries to challenge his opinion. He argues about referendum, he should form a political party, gain political clout and then front his opinion. All the civilised countries we keep using as examples for referendum, that's exactly what they did, the independence/secessionist groups followed a civilised approach by forming political parties which legally controlled political power in their enclaves.

My brother is not that I entirely share or buy Kalu's methodology on the whole issue, however Nigerians should have leverage on that and make a change in the politics of this country. That's why I consider Tuface back out from the would've been political movement of all time in Nigeria as the greatest betrayal of all time.

Believe me if i have my way I will take many politicians down in this country.
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by EddieCAD(m): 7:42pm On Oct 18, 2017
beamtopola:

Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by princefrank76: 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2017
PrettyCrystal:

rest in peace to d dead..
PrettyCrystal:

PrettyCrystal:

Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by zinaunreal(m): 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2017
NASTYYYYY
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by pafisayo(m): 8:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
beamtopola:

Lol u guys blame Buhari for everything
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Isaacvin(m): 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
beamtopola:
is it a must for u to comment? u are saying rubbish!!! i really feel like slapping sense into u
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by lastempero: 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2017
beamtopola:

That road was shown on television two days ago,its been at the verge of collapsing for sometime now but the state n federal govt was just there masturbating. I weep for the poor amongs us because they are always the ones affected,just look at how we lost two precious lifes.

1 Like

Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Oct 18, 2017
PrettyCrystal:

To be honest i'm happy that person died.At least the person is free from this stupid world and the person would finally see the truth
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Thomanad(m): 9:15pm On Oct 18, 2017
RIP to the dead. May God protect nd guide our going out and coming ins
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by Thomanad(m): 9:17pm On Oct 18, 2017
Frenzy007:
To be honest i'm happy that person died.At least the person is free from this stupid world and the person would finally see the truth
Who b dis wan? And wat are u still doing alive?
No sense 4 ur brain at all. Happy at sum1 death nd u are alive. If i say same should happen to u dat wud make me just like you. I pray sense fall on you nd may u find reasons to appreciate d gift of life God has given you.
Re: One Dies As Highway Collapses In Cross River (Graphic Photos) by mabea: 9:19pm On Oct 18, 2017
what really happened is that there was an accident and this guy parked his bus to help the victims and the ground collasped and fail on him and that was the end.

I know the guy very well as he works for my friend. I last saw him 2 saturdays ago.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Ten Things You Should Know If You Have Never Travelled From Imo To Lagos / Which State In Nigeria Is Best For You? This Will Help You Decide / How Flood Swept Cars In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.