Stats: 3,151,287 members, 7,811,856 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:31 PM

Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN (23698 Views)

Trying To Get Tested For Coronavirus By NCDC In Abuja: An Experience / My Experience Trying To Get Tested For Covid-19 In Lagos / Am I At Risk Of HIV Infection After Sex In Imo Hotel? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by watchwoman(f): 9:31pm On Oct 18, 2017
Mtcheew, always beaming the light on Africa for the wrong reasons. why don't you guys bother about the lots of people that are gonna get infected by gay practices stamped and approved by your leaders over there

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 18, 2017
and you know this because you having sex with them?
SalamRushdie:
9 out of 10 sexually active Adults in Nigeria move around with a cocktail of STDs ..this is a fact
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by felixomor: 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
May be True.
Many nigerians dread Hiv test
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by stagger: 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
To all those who call this report "fake news", you need to know the facts. Nigeria is sitting on a huge HIV time bomb.

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by freshinko: 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2017
Na who CNN news eepp...TRUMP
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by highchief1: 9:42pm On Oct 18, 2017
motun2017:
if you have a sedentary sex lifestyle lik i do you probably dont have to worry. #TeamCelibate
as u small so u suppose be virgin u dey speak bug English
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by GOFRONT(m): 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
One thing must kill a Man
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by SalamRushdie: 9:47pm On Oct 18, 2017
supersystemsnig:

9 out of 10 adults not tested or test positive which is it brov? grin grin grin grin

I always run from the test, but got tested for the first time this year...Negative brov...Team Pure... grin

grin grin I meant 9 out of ten sexually active Adults have a form of STD (not HIV) ..

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by SalamRushdie: 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2017
GenBuhari:
and you know this because you having sex with them?

I did a survey ..there is too much STD proliferation in Nigeria today ..use yourself and your concubines as an example and you will know I am telling the truth

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:

grin grin I meant 9 out of ten sexually active Adults have a form of STD (not HIV) ..

Really...? is it that bad ?
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by SalamRushdie: 9:51pm On Oct 18, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Really...? is it that bad ?

I dey tell most people that come to the lab come to get tested for one STD or the other and they are usually positive esp the ladies

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by claremont(m): 9:52pm On Oct 18, 2017
Instead of Nigerians to do the right thing and get tested, they will start picking holes in this report. Ignorance isn't bliss.

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by Acidosis(m): 9:52pm On Oct 18, 2017
Seriously I'm not surprised, the rate at which people engage in reckless s.ex these days is alarming.

Relevant organisations should make attempts to partner with secondary school students especially those in the rural areas. The level of se. xual atrocities going on in many communities is just too much to quantify!

The life of many adults today revolve around s. ex, football (with gambling) and alcohol. These things we take as hobbies kill on the long run. Alcohol and s.ex on Friday night, football with betting on Saturday evening and the cycle just continues!

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 18, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I dey tell most people that come to the lab come to get tested for one STD or the other and they are usually positive esp the ladies

What the fhck ? Its this bad

I didnt know, i'm a one man, one woman guy like you, so i don't really do game...nine out of ten is disastrous Sir...This isn;t good news oh...
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by plendil: 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
candlewax:
Nigeria is second after SouthAfrica, then India.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_HIV/AIDS_adult_prevalence_rate

Wrong. You confuse prevalence with absolute numbers. In terms of prevalence, there are many countries ahead of us.
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 18, 2017
You did a survey and 90% of respondents told you that they are walking around with multiple sexually transmitted diseases.
Your lies are very unintelligent, you need to try better . cheesy cheesy

You are clearly a white devil catfish on this forum
SalamRushdie:

I did a survey ..there is too much STD proliferation in Nigeria today ..use yourself and your concubines as an example and you will know I am telling the truth

SalamRushdie:
9 out of 10 sexually active Adults in Nigeria move around with a cocktail of STDs ..this is a fact

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
Managed to do the test, chai almost fainted before I saw the result. Anyway, promised to stay chaste till after wedding but the thin don dey hungry me even now sefsad
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by ogbonti: 9:59pm On Oct 18, 2017
This coming from CNN just within a week of the Anthony Bourdain parts unknown featuring Lagos? Where almost 95% of the entire documentary was spent talking about the worst of Nigeria, showing all the dregs of the city and the stuff that is crazy about Lagos, and the good and excellence of the state was grossly ignored, just to fit the narrative that Nigeria is a hell hole. These fools even showed footage from Biafra civil war of 1967, something that happened 50 years ago to make Nigeria look like ash!t hole, they did not show banana island ooo,ooo, lekki or Eleko beach.... or any other nice things and places in Lagos, but Iddo motor park, bariga, and the slums... Believe CNN at your peril. Fake news media that was so unhappy we overcame Ebola, managed Boko Haram, with almost zero support from western world, so frustrated they are, they are trying so hard to beat down our spirit. my question is, are Nigerians worse than African Americans in contacting and spreading HIV? Please my people, leave CNN alone let them continue with their fake news.... continue to engage in protected sex and abstain from pre marital sex if u can and life is good. The Americans telling you we are a bad nation have thousands of their people who engage in sex with dogs, and gay stuff is spreading like wild fire here, Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper, both popular CNN anchors are gay, and they are busy talking about Nigeria? Please they should excuse us!

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by salford1: 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
ogbonti:
This coming from CNN just within a week of the Anthony Bourdain parts unknown featuring Lagos? Where almost 95% of the entire documentary was spent talking about the worst of Nigeria, showing all the dregs of the city and the stuff that is crazy Lagos, and the good and excellence of the state was grossly ignored, just to fit the narrative that Nigeria is a hell hole. Believe CNN at your peril. Fake news media that was so unhappy we over came Ebola, managed Boko Haram, with almost zero support from western world, so frustrated they are, they are trying so hard to beat down our spirit, are Nigerians worse than African Americans is contacting and spreading HIV? Please my people, leave CNN alone let them continue with their fake news.... continue to engage in protected sex and abstain of you can and life is good. The Americans telling you we are a bad nation have people who engage in sex with dogs, and gay stuff is spreading like wild fire here, Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper, both popular CNN anchors are gay, and they are busy talking about Nigeria? Please they should excuse us!
I dont think they ever deny the rate of hiv infection in the US or any other developed country especially among men having sex with men.

I have seen excellent documentaries on hiv infections in Europe and America. That was the first time i heard of the gift givers/gift chasers sef. There are several documentaries on youtube too of americans living with the disease.
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by Obijulius: 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
Including Buhari
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by mecussey(m): 10:05pm On Oct 18, 2017
Flashh:
So many patients that came to me recently didn't get HIV through STD, but due to some other things.

No need to start sharing long story about one that came recently, which his wife who is negative dumped a new born baby of 4 month old for him and left.

Some questions were asked; which he told me he patronises those "Aboki nail cutters" a lot. There's tendency he got it from there.

People should should be extra careful these days.

I strongly disagree with your stat though.

Bro in the current Nigeria and world I know, the only way to HIV is by sex. Anyone who tells you otherwise, may not be saying the truth. People love cheap sex alot and everybody fukkk alot. There are places you will go in the night and you will agree with me. Those you even think they are saints do the worsth. I don see many things...there is no way u will convince me about any aboki. HIV dont stay long outside blood stream...people commit attrocities in hidden places.

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by KingSango(m): 10:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
GenBuhari:
ha!
HIV is a hoax to scare Africans into taking toxic medication that would eventually kill, and prevent and discourage the individual from having children.

White devils win
1) They They make money by selling us very expensive toxins as HIV mdication
2) They help reduce population of Africans

Please my people I beg you wake t. f. up!!

The white devils imperialist who keep pushing HIV testing in Africa rarely mentions HIV testing in their own countries.

Your life is at risk if are stupid enough to get tested for this hoax virus.

There is no disease or sickness that traditional medicine can not cure so says the High Priest of Esu. And I can confirm that there are over 5000 plants that deal with human illnesses. As the chief priest of Esu stated, this issue in Africa/Nigeria is that we do not organize the cultivation of herbs. Too many times we have to go and look for them in the forest and find they are not there or there's not adequate supply. The issue of natural healing is something that the NYSC can address and the building of a huge hectare farm for simply medicinal herbs. Ase. Love, Sango

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by Flashh: 10:07pm On Oct 18, 2017
mecussey:

Bro in the current Nigeria and world I know, the only way to HIV is by sex. Anyone who tells you otherwise, may not be saying the truth. People love cheap sex alot and everybody fukkk alot. There are places you will go in the night and you will agree with me. Those you even think they are saints do the worsth. I don see many things...there is no way u will convince me about any aboki. HIV dont stay long outside blood stream...people commit attrocities in hidden places.
Who told you that?

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by ambitionlife(m): 10:08pm On Oct 18, 2017
GenBuhari:
ha!
HIV is a hoax to scare Africans into taking toxic medication that would eventually kill, and prevent and discourage the individual from having children.

White devils win
1) They They make money by selling us very expensive toxins as HIV mdication
2) They help reduce population of Africans

Please my people I beg you wake t. f. up!!

The white devils imperialist who keep pushing HIV testing in Africa rarely mentions HIV testing in their own countries.

Your life is at risk if are stupid enough to get tested for this hoax virus.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by meresse: 10:20pm On Oct 18, 2017
Fake media like cnn have never promoted Nigeria before,
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by plendil: 10:22pm On Oct 18, 2017
Peeps are confusing things here. Yes, the burden may be high when one considers the total number of those expected to be infected, which is put at about 3 million. '

However, as a percentage of our population, we are just about 3.0% and such are not even among the first top ten.

Regarding the CNN article, they probably used our official HCT testing numbers which is about 8 million as of 2015 according to NACA. When this is considered with our base population of about 170 million that gives just about 5% testing coverage, so they are actually quite conservative in their estimate

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by edupedia: 10:23pm On Oct 18, 2017
Sunnick:
Buhari has Don it again embarassedBuhari has Don it again

....and Igbos are taking fake akpeteshi once more..and na your belle go rotten spoil..fake people...
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2017
Einstein !
So that helped you conclude that 90% of the adults in Nigeria are suffering multiple STD infections.
LOL.

Pathetic white devil catfish!
SalamRushdie:

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by davidodiba(m): 10:29pm On Oct 18, 2017
Na lie.....
FNN....fake news network
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by philchudi: 10:30pm On Oct 18, 2017
Flashh:
So many patients who came to me recently didn't get HIV through STD, but due to some other things.

No need to start sharing long story about one that came recently, which his wife who is negative dumped a new born baby of 4 month old for him and left.

Some questions were asked; which he told me he patronises those "Aboki nail cutters" a lot. There's tendency he got it from there.

People should should be extra careful these days.

I strongly disagree with your stat though.

Haba,

Which clinic be that, and which other .means?

Cus I am finding this ur assertion "so many" had to believe.

No Aboki uses cutleries on anyone without first sterilizing them by burning them with lighters or matches.
Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by Wegowide(m): 10:33pm On Oct 18, 2017
Hiv this and that. It's nit a new thing. Abeg you guys should check out this charging outlet @ http://www.wegowide.com/2017/10/18/unikets-10-ports-usb-charger/

Re: Nigeria Has High Rates Of HIV Infection In The World, Just 10% Get Tested -CNN by Cletus77(m): 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2017
Niggas been praying for how to derail Nigerians especially those south Africans, always praying for this kind of fake news hoping it'll be real

Concern Mounts Over Low Use Of Female Condom / Understanding Cataracts: Causes, Signs, Prevention And Treatment / Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms